Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey guys,

Just keeping you updated, it's been 3 buisness days since asking about getting a refund, so i can purchased PD17, I have yet to get a response.

The last reply they sent was saying they wanted me to upload my 112GB file so they could "look at it". Which of course means i'd have to be paying for googledrive storage or equivealent to send to them and even besides that point, working with a feature length documentary that is unreleased I can't just send it.

So I kindly said the file is perfect, as the same file worked inside their free trial of PD17.

I'm literally trying to give this company more money (since PD17 is more than P2Go) and they haven't responded.

Very bizzare.
So I downloaded Power Director 17 free 30 day trial and I tried my 112GB ProRes 422HQ file and it actually worked and burned the bluray without crashing, first try. So the issue is definetly Power2Go software.

My question to you tomasc is, in the Power Director software I see AVCHD as an option but there is no BluRay option in the AVCHD dropdown menu, only DVD 4.7GB, DVD 8.5GB, Removeable Disk, SD/SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick.

Am i looking at the wrong settings you were mentioning or is it because I don't have the paid version and only the trial?
Quote You probably can burn that high data rate ProRes file to a Blu-ray disc as data storage on a BD and not as a BD video disc. This will not be playable on a standalone BD player. This is probably what you want to do.

Thanks for this new information I had no idea there was a limitation I just thought as long as it fit within the 50GB it would be good to go. However, it makes complete sense to me now that I think about it.

This specifically has to play in a standalone BluRay Player. So that is my number one focus.

Power Director 17 looks like exactly what I want. I'm so frustrated with support on why they wouldn't reccomend Power Director 17 to me weeks ago.

I'm hoping I can cancel my Power2Go license and in return put that money towards a power director license.
Quote You may want to use PD17. I know the maximum DVD video is not what you stated in the initial post. You now claim that you are trying to put 1 hr 33 minute of 1080p video on a Blu-Ray Double layer disk. If that is true then only a 25 GB Blu-ray disc is needed as the blu -ray specification is 24 Mbps maximum and 28 Mbps maximum for AVCHDII. You need to tell the Cyberlink support that you are using 10 bit ProRes422 video files so they can give you the right answer. P2Go may not support that. It may be supported in PD17.

I had no idea that PD17 was different than P2Go in the sense that it was also burning software I thought it was more of a NLE. Support does know that I'm trying to burn a ProRes422HQ file but they've never mentioned using PD17. Fingers crossed this is as simple as I've reached the limitation of P2Go for what I want?!

Thank you so much for this response, it's been weeks with no new leads.
I've been speaking with support on this issue for about 2 weeks now. They are extremely slow in responding.

I purchased this program to burn one video file and i'm 3 weeks into figuring out how to get it to work. It's driving me insane.

I have a 1920x1080 ProRes422HQ 5.1 Audio file that is 51GB and 1hr and 33min long.

I'm using a 50GB DL disc.

I'm using smartfit because thats the only option that will give me something close to 50GB and it says it will be around a 23GB file size.

I've selected the 50GB disc type and everything.

This program has yet to burn one succesful disc for me.

I've sent support my DXdiag and my computer specs and i'm up to date and far exceed the min requirments of hardware components.

Is it not even possible to burn a 1920x1080p bluray with 5.1 audio?

Surely people have succeeded,otherwise, how is this company even in business...
Go to: