Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I'm also running the new edition on a dual monitor system and I haven't seen anything like that. The key to understanding what's happening is that Windows is clearly disconnecting one of your monitors (based on the several hardware disconnect sounds), and that throws of where PD can be displayed.

What happens if you re-dock the preview window and try editing? Does it stay on the same monitor? What happens if you manually move PD to the left monitor and open the preview screen in the center?

You may also need to look at your video driver. If you made a system image before updating to PD19, you can reinstall it to recover PD18. Otherwise you'll have to ask CL tech support if they can provide you with an installer for the older version.

if I open the preview window, it covers the left monitor (where PD is) then when I drag it to the middle and play it (or do anything else on pd ) all the monitors
start changing displays)

I changed usb ports for the monitor and it works now
I may not be using the right terminology but before when I put items on the timeline next to other items, the item I was moving would 'pop' tothe side of the timeline item, so sit wouldnt go over it or leave a small gap. I mustve disabled that somehow because now everytime I put an item next to a timeline item it ends up overwriting it a little or leaving a little gap. I hope this makes sense If anyone can tell me where the setting for this option is please tell me
I have three monitors extended that I used for PowerDirector for a year then after I installed the recent update, PowerDirector jumps from one monitor to another making it unusable.

I checked the connections and have rebooted several times, and checked the order of the displays.

When I start PD, it opens on the left monitor even though the middle one is selcted as main display.

But the main problem is once it starts, it is unusable. see link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8LizQqYwvMojCAjQ9

thanks in advance for any help and if no one knows how to fix this can someone tell me how to revert to the previous pd edition?
Quote Hello Anglokelt,

As far as I know, & I'm fairly confident, you cannot use VST plug-ins in PDR. If you have AudioDirector, it should work. I haven't used those particular VSTs.

Whatever way it goes, you will need software, like a DAW that is compatible with the plug-ins. ADR isn't listed on the page, but that doesn't mean (necessarily) that it won't work.

PIX

I dont have audiodrector, I was wrong ( I thought it was part of PD).

I have adobe audition, and audacity ,

If you search the forum for VST you'll see lots of info. Make sure you download the 64-bit versions of your paid plugins, as noted in this post.

When you've run the installer for the plugins (or simply downloaded the files if they end in .dll or .vst3), go to File | Install VST Plug-In Effects... to add them to AD

I posted this in the wrong place it should have been for PD 365 not AD.

I searched how to install vst plugins and similiar and I found 2 posts titled "how to install plugins for dummies, but neither addressed how to install to PD

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79387.page#326278
I have seen this question asked on other forums (its probably here too but I cant find it) regarding older versions, but I have an up to date version of pd 365, and every time i produce a video, PD adds at least 5 minutes of blank space to every video.

how can I stop this? I always check to make sure there isnt anything for it to record after my intended end, but this keeps happening
I bought debreather and a noise cancelling plugin from waves but can't figure out how to use them. Can someone tell me how? How do I plug it into powerdirector, how to use it from there, etc.
I've done an internet search for this

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=How+to+apply+fade+in+to+a+PowerDirector+range&ia=videos

and also this forum

and youtube and found nothing.

I found this which seem to addres the issue but did not work
https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/pdr_training/enu/basic_07.html

Is it possible to select a range and apply fade in to all the pics?

I have a 5 minute clip that is all pictures, and audio, no video and would like to fade in on all of them
https://www.facebook.com/edwin.turlington/videos/vb.100005629989724/1064518263745830/?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

Thanks for everyone's help
Nice. I wanted to keep my PD 16 that came with my computer as well, but when I couldnt get rid of the watermark after purchasing the 365, customer support had me uninstall pd16.

Of course, it didn't help. The issue was, as someone here pointed out, the watermark can't be removed if the film was originally produced in a trial version,

Unless PD16 was the subscription version, there's no conflict in keeping it alongside 365. You are also allowed to install 365 on two machines as long as you only use one of them at a time, so chances are there's a simple typo or wrong password when you tried using CAM.

If the trouble persists, check these FAQs, or contact customer service at the bottom of that page.
Quote I just had a quick go in PhotoDirector.

Bear in mind this was just a rough and ready go, but I think it's approaching what you want?

I have taken a screenshot to show the changes that I did.

Phil

yes thank you!!
I searched here and couldnt find the answer, and when I did a more general internet search on how to darken text in scanned newspaper articles, I learned the only freeware that would do this is acrobat reader and gimp.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/darken-light-pdf-files-44306.html

https://itstillworks.com/brighten-whites-darken-blacks-gimp-29144.html

I followed the instructions here for reader, and it did nothing. I even changed the text and background colors to see if the settings described in the article would change anything and they did not.

I am investigating the gimp method now, but if it can be done in photodirector easily, I will go ahead an buy it as I am pleased with powerdirector so far.

atached are my dxdiag and the clipping I am trying to darken the text on.

It appears what you are doing is this:
1) adding a video to the timeline
2) adding a picture to part of the video stream and using overwrite.
2a) Item 2 action will uncouple the video and audio, one now needs to be very careful during editing to keep this longer slice of audio to always be aligned with the video from which it was uncoupled.
3) you are then using "Set Duration" to add to the length of the pic that overwrote part of the video. This action will cause the shift between audio and video because to accommodate the longer duration pic, the remaining video slides to the right on the timeline. The audio does not as they were uncoupled by your item 2 action. This is not really a sync issue, you are simply shifting the video relative to the audio doing this edit action.

If that's the method you desire to edit, what one can do is position the cursor on the right edge of the pic, it will change to a double arrow, click and drag to the right to extend. When you release the mouse button you will be given the option to "overwrite" again. Here you are overwriting the video content with more pic, so the audio will not shift relative to the video from which it was uncoupled.

Jeff

Thank you!

I wish I had posted the questions earlier. That problem had gone from aggravating to disheartening.
Quote If by bigger you mean zoom in on timeline contents, then with the mouse in the timeline timecode region, it changes to double horizontal arrow, left mouse click and drag left to shrink timeline or to the right to expand timeline timescale.

If by bigger you mean a video track that is larger vertically, right mouse click in a unused region of a video track and use the "Adjust Video Track Height" option.

If by bigger you mean more screen space for the timeline region, then in the middle of the screen under the media library are 5 little dots, place the mouse there, it will change to a double vertical arrow, left mouse click and drag up to shrink size of media library space and create more screen space for the timeline.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply

Edit:

On the first option above, when you stretch out the timeline, it doesnt alter anything except how the timeline appears to the PD user, correct?
Quote Is it mp3?
Some files can be difficult, try converting to another format.

It was mp4 taken from my webcam
specifically, things ive inserted or overwritten?

THey are so thin I cant even see some of them and the only way I can tell I am pointing at them is the pop up of their title.

I queried this question in the search engine but just come up with enlarging duration or cropping and enlarging type answers.
Quote I have seen both your topics, and must admit that I likely have missed some of the story, but to chime in:

• As soon as you have set a range with the yellow markers, you can indeed mouse click to open a menu with some options, however as soon as you set a range in the dark bar just above the timeline a series of options applicable to RANGE appear, including Render preview (this is to pre-render part of the timeline that may display slowly or with a stutter because there are many changes and features), and the other option is Procedure Range (this is make an output file ONLY of the range you defined. The latter I guess is what you may want to use during long edits to see whether the output looks OK.

• When you insert (using the insert and move) an image in a timeline, all the video and images in that timeline will move, including the sound connected to the videos in that timeline. If your audio is out of sync, it looks like that audio is in another timeline? One option to keep the audio in sync is the select the timeline and the audio and group it and move the group away to make way for the insertion, after that connect the group back to the inserted media?

• It strikes me that you talk about the standard 10 secs of the inserted images, you can change this 10 secs in the preferences / edit tab.

Hope that this helps

thank you that helped about the range preview /range produce, but I am overwriting the images, if I wrote that I was inserting them before, it was a terminology error I'm sorry.

But I am trying to show an image over the video so moving both video and audio together wont work.

This is really disheartening. I am making the whole theing over, trying to salvage parts I can, and one clip, I just decided to put one image after another over to mask the fact the audio and video were out of sync

On a new clip I had to reshoot, I just overwrote an image, and when it went back to audio it was fine, but when I added to the image duration, it was off again. So I just undid the overwrite, reoverwrote a couple seconds down the timeline at the original duration (5 secs).

Is there a way to set the image duration prior to overwriting?
Quote Watermark on your produced videos could mean that you opened the trial version instead of the paid 365 version on your pc and started the video editing. Get rid of the trial version so that this does not happen again.

I did that. it didnt help.

and apparently I cant salvage any clips, I just did that, and produced a range, and it was out of sync. they all are.

Which tells me (I hoe I am wrong) that when I make new clips, they will be out of audio sync as well
I have version 17. when I right click it only has the option to cut copy remove, loop playback, produce range and lock range

I dont see a range preview anywhere
Quote It may be just the preview. More than likely the produced video will be in sync. You can always do a range produce on the short segment to be sure. You can also do a range for a Render preview to be sure,

Thanks. Earlier I will check.

By range produce you mean drag the slider over to highlit a portion of the clip in yellow, right click and produce it

and by range preview you mean

drag the slider over a portion of the video to highlite it in yellow , right click to produce but on the produce screen, just play it on the monitor there, correct?

EDIT: This makes me sick, I've beenn working on this a couple hundred hours. I just procesed that bad portion, and yes, the audio is messed up after changing the duration, but what is worse, I noticed the all the audio is off. Not near as bad the part after the image after messing with the duration, but it is off.
Go to: