Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi there,

I've been getting repeated BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) on my PC while editing a video. Is there any potential fixes? This happened at least 7 times tonight while in final stages of editing a 9 min music video.

A little detail about the project - it used 3 diff camera video files, but then I've split them up into multiple tracks on the timeline to edit the video. I don't use the Multicam editor because it doesn't have enough channels. I've got 8 or 9 video tracks and one audio track, plus at the end an added video track for titles. It is highly annoying, and cost me probably at least an hour, plus massive frustration.

Would love any help on this.
Quote See tomasc's answer in the 2nd post of this discussion as that'll likely solve your issue. The posts following that one deal with other possible issues you might encounter and it helps to be aware of them.

Thanks so much, I appreciate you pointing me there. That is the exact discussion I needed to have.
Hi - I'd like the best advice anyone has on syncing up multiple camera shots of a live music performance.

A) Sync by Audio - really doesn't work. Sometimes I've had ok results, sometimes not.

B) Audio alignment by moving tracks along the timeline. I have been able in my DAW to align audio tracks manually with a great degree of accuracy based on comparing and aligning the soundwave visual. However the resolution on the timeline that I am being allowed to move in this program is very limited - it seems to snap to the hash marks in the top of the track, which is awfully crude and does not provide the amount of granularity I need. Is there some snap function that I can turn off?

Help appreciated...

CT
Quote I'm sorry you didn't see this post in your search. Please post back with your results after trying it.

Yup the reset all docked windows did it - but when I undock it again it disappears. So I did your registry changes and all is fixed! Thanks man!

CT
Hi there - I am working on a project and the project preview window has disappeared. It's not an option I can choose in 'View'. None of the manual pages I reviewed showed how to access it - they all assume you already have it open. Something to address, Cyberlink. I tried searching the issue but only came up w-answers from old versions that did not assist me.

Can someone give me a clue here? Thanks, sorry, I feel dumb but I have spent some time agonizing here.
Quote Try this: Uncheck all the checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware acceleration. Preview to make sure that they are oriented the way you want. Produce with no hardware encoding.

Well that worked!! Marvelous! Thank you SO much..... awesome.
I have two video sources - they both read as H.264 AVC, but one is a mp4, and one is a .mov. The mp4 is footage from a buddy, and the mov is my Iphone footage. Oh, and there's also a .jpg logo that we use to open the video (it's a band video, of a live performance).

In PD17 everything looks fine, all sources oriented correctly. However, upon export, only the .mov is right side up, both the mp4 and the jpg are upside down. What gives? I did notice that one source is 30 fps and one 29.97 fps, but that shouldn't affect it right? They are both synced up fine using Sync by Audio function.

Halp! Do I need to export one of them as the same format as the other? I guess that's what I'll try next when I get a little time.
Thanks Jeff, that'll work. I knew chapters were mainly for DVDs, but... anyway you helped me out.
Hi - first time poster....

I use PD mostly to edit music videos. I have a video of a full set my band played, and it was shot on a GoPro so the source files are all 11 mins 39 seconds long. I've put them all end to end and entered chapter numbers - was hoping I could have the program export by chapter. It doesn't seem like there's a way to do that. Is there? Or is there an easy way to export a movie that's part of a project, not the whole thing? I am not seeing that either. Tried searching in the manual and on the internet, but no luck. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Colin
Go to: