Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hallo,

ich möchte meine Power Direktor 17 Ultra Lizenz (keine Abo Version, läuft dauerhaft) verkaufen, da ich dauerhaft auf DaVinci Resolve Studio umgestiegen bin.

Interessenten dürfen mich gerne kontaktieren.

Grüße,

Franziska
Hi,

I have some walking footage filmed with the Insta 360 One X at full 5.7k resolution.
Usually I export all clips with Optic Flow stabilisation enabled at full resolution and than do the cutting in PD17.

No here is the issue, I film walking up a path and the footage is still too shaky. It should be as close to drone footage as possible, which is why I can not add a mechanical gimbal in the mix.
If the Insta is mounted on the sefie stick, it looks to the unkonwing viewer as if a drone is flying over your shoulder, as long as the footage is stable.

The end result I need is a 360 video.

To improve further on this I'd like to add PD17 Video Stabilizer tool. Unfortunately there seems to be no video explaining the new PD17 settings:

Sliding Window Duration (Settings 0.0-4.0) and Spatial Domain Range (0-100%)

Can someone be so kind and describe how I need to adjust these settings (or even the advanced tab settings) for best results?

Thanks so much!
Thanks. Good thoughts.

I'll try that and run some tests with DaVinci as well.
Might end up doing the pixeling in DaVinci and than 360 editing in PD17.

Quote You can use the Motion Tracker tool in 360 videos, although you're correct that you can't add FX, only text or an image:

https://i.imgur.com/XCye775.png

I would suggest using a generic blurred face or license plate for the tracking image.
Hi,

has anyone sucessfully and intentionally pixalated faces and car numberplates in their PD17 360degree videos?
How did you achieve this?
I do seem to miss the option to VXeffect option in the motion tracker too.

I try to research this, as we have an upcoming inner city shoot and data protection laws might require us to do so.

Thanks for your help!
Hey, while cutting some 360 Video I did note that there are still few limitations which is really bad.

1)
Setting the initial view zoom level (also known as HFOV value).
Adding an option to set the zoom level at the initial view of a 360 clip in a true 360 video would be tremendously helpful.

2)
We miss an option to fix the view direction for part of the clip. Would be helpful to display in a controlled manner titles & logos. especially at the end of a video.

3)
True object tracking in the 360 spherical video (not only when extracting 2D footage from it.
Basically mark an object and it stays at the view center.

Apart from that it would be very nice if the non subscription version is kept alive. There are parts of the world without non stop internet connection, and there are people who need to be able to use their software to access old files years later when they have no subscription.

Take care & enjoy,

https://youtu.be/w7is54QCsLI

https://www.ladyrover.com/photo-logbook/summer-2019-still-busy-in-france-1/

Fran
Thanks everyone who answered my questions recently. Here is the little video. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGSOxyUnSE

Btw. you need a fast connection.

Max4k, youtube does not allow more than that as of yet. Works nice with VR goggles too. 100m up you get a hint of vertige ;

Fran
Hi,

while I have learned now how to add titles and cut high res video with PD17, I am not happy with one issue.
That is, that in a 360 video you can not fix the view orientation at the title and end when you'd like to convey text info and/or logos.
Often the user exists the last sequence in the 360 video in a tilted manner which leads to logos and text being displayed at an obligue angle. Not very nice.
Unfortunately we can not splice 2D & interactive sequences together as of yet.

What I look into as a workaround would be a webplayer (which could be hosted in a S3/Cloudfront location on AWS) or website which allows to seamlessly play 3 different videofiles after each other.

File 1
High Res 2D Intro & tiltle sequence
File 2
High Res 360 interactive video sequence
File 3
High Res 2D Outro & backtitle sequence

To the user it should look and feel like a single file while actually its three files.

Does anyone have an idea where or how this could be done?

Thanks,

Fran

Actually, they apparently don't visit here often, so the "official" way to get their attention is to open PD and under the File menu, select Rate Us & Provide Suggestions and have at it.

I have mailed them. thanks.
Hi,

when i search for this I can only find tools or filters to add it.

Is there a tool or filter to remove lens flare/glare in videos using PD17?
Or do I need to do this in DaVinci Resolve?

Sorry for the many questions but I am full in the sweeping learning curve right now ;
Hi,

I'd like to suggest to add two items for 360 editing functions.

1)
Adding a method to reset the 360 start view for each clip automatically.
Even at the expense that if the 360 user has rotated the sphere into a new position it should return to the correct start at a secific key frame (=360 Start view of that clip).
Might be hard to implement right now but maybe there is a way?

2)
Allow us to set a 360 Start view zoom level for each clip start view in a movie

Alternative to both a method to insert start views with afixed, non movable view for a brief sec.

Pretty sure of all of this can not be done yet, but maybe the clever minds at CyberLink liten to this forum too??

Thanks.
Quote Well the usual snapshot method won't work, but what you can do is to essentially extend the desired frame for as long as needed.

One way to do that is to make a copy of the clip and use the Video Speed tool to slow it down to 0.1x speed (slow it down 10x). Then trim just that one frame and then copy it as many times as you need to get the desired duration. You can also use Range Produce to turn them into standalone 360 clips for your external virtual tour.

Thanks.

Got it working with VirtualDub2. This explains it well towards the end:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/extract-video-frames-to-images-using-vlc-media-player/
Hi,

does anyone know if and how its possible in PD17 to take a full 360 panosphere freezeframe out of a 360 video?

Background is, that I'd like to add some effects, like flashing arrows and the like, to a panosphere from a video and use them as hotspots in a virtual tour.

I'd like to have a result as this in my interactive virtual tour package in the end:

360 Video from PD17 up to a certain frame-Next frame is one 360 panospheric still image freeze frame out of the video, augmented with animated hotspots-Then continue 360 Video at the frame right after the extraction of the panosphere.

Essentially I need to have three items:
-360 video before freeze frame
-360 freeze frame still image
-360 video after freeze frame

These will be used as separate elements in a virtual tour. Not in PD17.

Thanks,

Fran
Quote Thanks for the help. I have been looking around the web-sites for something that will do what my old version of Pinnacle would do. I thought my requiements were fairly simple, but this does not appear to be the case. All the dvd authoring software is well over soec for what I need, but none of it appeads to fut the bill. Maybe someone can advuse me. My basic needs are:

1. Stitch together a video with an existing stereo soundtrack

2. Add tiltes/jpg slides

3. Add music track/s

4. Add chapters over a custom shot jpeg image (about 6 to 8 on a single screen)

5. Add 'point' sound effects left, right, front, back (surround sound)

I don't need:
A huge number of transitions
Green screen
360 degree
... in fact the large majority of what is being offered. It really does look like I am asking the earth in my simplicity!! Perhaps editing the sound effects to 4 channel in Goldwave to position the rear L&R and then dropping the file on the timeline in the correct place might work?

Any help and advice would be greatly received

Not sure, but maybe you could edit sound to your liking in Audacity and paste it back in?
https://www.audacityteam.org/
Thanks JL. Good clarification.
Hi,

I tried the above, but have a couple of clips with very low narrative sound and some background music on a separate track.
As I do not want to repeat the narration, I have the trouble that I can not get below -18.4 for the background music and above +12 for the narration.
So the narration is still hard to understand...
Is there a way to fix this or would it be better to export both sound tracks separately to Audacity and import them again?

Thanks,

Fran
Your welcome.

Thanks for laying down the groundwork & and, clarifications!

Testing videos will follow.

Its 01:15 hours here, time to get some sleep ;
Hi,

I think I have the 360 5.7K IN & OUTput working from PD17 and think this warrants a new thread.

Following these two threads:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77316.page
&
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63881.page

I created a new profile ini which works for 5.7k output.

Two things turned out to be important when doing that.

1)
If you create a custom profile the words Custom Profile -1 (or
2,3,4.....n) needs to be kept. If this is directly replaced by the
profile name it does not work.

2)
When you edit the new custom output profile under the produce tab,
it still claims to be of 1280x640 resolution when you change to the
video tab.

Under proprties in the Profile Name Tab of Quality Profile Setup
(and in VLC or file properties) the properties say though that its
actually 5780 width by 2880 height=5.7k

5.7k INPUT works also fine. To do this you need:

A fast computer & lots of storage space & this additional software:
http://virtualdub2.com/
&
https://www.magicyuv.com/

WORKFLOW:
Step 01
Install Virtualdub2 and the latest version of MagicYUV
Step 02
Export your video file at full res out of Insta360 Desktop app
Step 03
Open it with Virtualdub2
Step 04
Save as losless AVI with the Video Comprssion set to MagicYUV - YUV 4:2:0
Step 05
Be very patient & have a huge storage disk
Step 06

Import finished file into Power Director 17 Ultra or Ultimate
Step 08
Edit as you like. Make sure you use 360 if you want 360 ;
Step 09
Use your custom profile for exporting in 5.7k
Step 10
Upload to youtube if you want

Here is the content of my modified profile.ini which works for OUTPUT of 5.7k, if you need higher quality increase the 50Mbps setting to a much higher level (careful bigger files & faster hardware & faster network necessary). Here included are 2 custom profiles, 1x with about 50Mbps and 1x with about 150Mbps enjoy & have fun:

&
<Class>MPEG-4 AVC
<Name>Custom Profile -1 5760x2880 29_97Fps 50Mbps
<Description>
Custom Profile -1 5760x2880 29_97Fps 50Mbs
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11920
<NameID>22496
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3
<Field Order>0
<Attribute>10040083
<Video BitRate>48500000
<Min BitRate>24250000
<Max BitRate>49000000
<Video Quality>0
<Video Width>5760
<Video Height>2880
<Frame Rate>29.969999
<Profile Level>65357
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBP
<Pre Processing>0
<Resize>1
<Flip Video>0
<Speed Quality Indicator>6
<Interlacing>0
<Encoder Mode>0
<App Type>2
<Dynamic GOP>0
<Deblock>1
<EntryMode>1
<Encoder Type>32
<Audio Layer>2
<Audio Mode>2
<Audio BitRate>384000
<Audio Channels>2
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
<Audio BitsPerSample>1
<Misc>0
<SamplesPerFrame>0
&&
&
<Class>MPEG-4 AVC
<Name>Custom Profile -2 5760x2880 29_97Fps 150Mbps
<Description>
Custom Profile -2 5760x2880 29_97Fps 150Mbps
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11920
<NameID>22496
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3
<Field Order>0
<Attribute>10040083
<Video BitRate>148500000
<Min BitRate>24250000
<Max BitRate>149000000
<Video Quality>0
<Video Width>5760
<Video Height>2880
<Frame Rate>29.969999
<Profile Level>65357
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBP
<Pre Processing>0
<Resize>1
<Flip Video>0
<Interlacing>0
<Encoder Mode>0
<App Type>2
<Dynamic GOP>0
<Deblock>1
<EntryMode>1
<Encoder Type>32
<Audio Layer>2
<Audio Mode>2
<Audio BitRate>384000
<Audio Channels>2
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
<Audio BitsPerSample>1
<Misc>0
<SamplesPerFrame>0
&&
<output> </output>
Quote There's a little how-to doc attached, showing the steps taken to make that 2560x1440 profile.

Whatever format or profile is needed, basically the same sorts of steps can be followed, editing only the parts of Profile.ini that need changing.

Cheers - Tony

Dear Tony,

I just tried to follow you with creating a 5.7k (5760x2880) profile.
When I do that, and want to save the custom profile after clicking "+" I get a message stating:

"There are no customized profiles available.
Select one fromanother profile group".

Is that a limitation of the trial version of PD 17?

ACTUALLY SORTED IT! WORKFLOW 5.7K OUTPUT:

Two things turned out to be important.
1)
If you create a custom profile the words Custom Profile -1 (or 2,3,4.....n) needs to be kept. If this is directly replaced by the profile name it does not work.
2)
When you edit the new custom output profile under the produce tab, it still claims to be of 1280x640 resolution when you change to the video tab.
Under proprties in the Profile Name Tab of Quality Profile Setup (and in VLC or file properties) the properties say though that its actually 5780 width by 2880 height=5.7k

MAYBE SOMEONE WITH THE FULL ULTIMATE VERSION, I AM STILL IN TRIAL PRE PURCHASE, COULD PLEASE CHECK IF THEY CAN IMPORT A 5.7K RESOLUTION VIDEO AT FULL RES??

Here is the content of my modified profile.ini which works for output of 5.7k:

&
<Class>MPEG-4 AVC
<Name>Custom Profile -1 5760x2880 29_97Fps 50Mbps
<Description>
Custom Profile -1 5760x2880 29_97Fps 50Mbs
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11920
<NameID>22496
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3
<Field Order>0
<Attribute>10040083
<Video BitRate>48500000
<Min BitRate>24250000
<Max BitRate>49000000
<Video Quality>0
<Video Width>5760
<Video Height>2880
<Frame Rate>29.969999
<Profile Level>65357
<Pattern>IBBPBBPBBPBBP
<Pre Processing>0
<Resize>1
<Flip Video>0
<Interlacing>0
<Encoder Mode>0
<App Type>2
<Dynamic GOP>0
<Deblock>1
<EntryMode>1
<Encoder Type>32
<Audio Layer>2
<Audio Mode>2
<Audio BitRate>384000
<Audio Channels>2
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
<Audio BitsPerSample>1
<Misc>0
<SamplesPerFrame>0
&&

The 360 degree cameras just need huge resolutions and an option to work with that would make PD the best software apart from Premiere.

Thanks so much,

Fran

With all due respect, The King is referring to the "out-of-the-box" (or freshly-downloaded) state of PowerDirector. He's correct that it doesn't come with either CineForm or ProRes codecs, and the maximum production profiles are set at 4k.

That doesn't mean you can't use PD with 5.2k clips, it just means you have to accesorize and customize it!

Search the forum for which HD/4k formats people like using with PD, and how they convert the clips. As I mentioned in myu last post, MagicYUV is my hands-down favorite and you can get the older rev 1.2 codec for free, or pay $9 for the improved v2.0. Get the trial version before you pay.

I use VirtualDub2 (VDub2) to do the conversion to MagicYUV, then just import the clip(s) into PD. You'll probably want to use Shadow Files to speed up PD because there's just so much data to move around when you're trying to edit any 5.2k clips.

You'll also need to create a custom profile to produce @ 4992x2946 resolution. Follow the excellent advice of ynotfish in this thread for the detailed instructions. I've attached the H.265 MP4 profile I used to produce my sample clip, but you can choose H.264 or other options.

When all that is set, simply choose your custom profile when producing, and you're done! In my previous post, I linked to a GoPro Fusion sample clip. I added some text and produced in PD17. (It's the exact same resolution as the original, but ~12x smaller file size due to the 50Mbps bitrate cool)

Here are the produced clip details:

I've uploaded it to YT, but you'll have to download the clip from my OneDrive folder (here's a link) to get the full res version to play with on your end.

Good Luck, and please post back with any questions!

Hi Opto,

question on using VirtualDub and the Codec.
Does that change the video aspect ratio and/or metadata? The issue I have if I export a video file with the Insta360 desktop app to a mp4 format its still showing correctly in the nadirs when viewed in VLC or similar, BUT if I go then to another editor like DaVinci I loose that metadata after editing.
When I then re-inject it as equirectangular spherical, I get black spots at the nadirs. Even when the image ratio is set to 2:1.

EDIT:
Regarding DaVinci I do get an almost perfect metadata injection without backspots now.
What one does need to do (and I did previously wrong!) is to set the exact resolution in the project settings BEFORE importing. The resolution of the mp4 exported from the Insta360 Desktop is the one to use.
I did that now sucessfully by setting the project resolution & importing & exporting with custom 4k 3840x1920 resolution. After export reinject metadata as spherical. Result has minute distortion at nadir.
5.7k @ 5760x2880 does not work in DaVinci either. Can't even set that as import setting. DaVinci does not support MagicYUV.

Wiill that happen when I use the work flow with Inst30OneX Desktop App-VirtualDub2-MagicYUV-PD17?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Fran
Quote I'll take a stab at your second question:

Yes

Also Yes (other than the required step of exporting the clip from the Insta app)

All versions of PD17 allow 4k editing, the only difference between them is content.

None of us users knows the answer to that, but there are already several threads on 5.7k clips and the insta360 specifically, so you should search and read those and then post back with any other questions. Definitely start with this one.

Yes (other than the required step of exporting the clip from the Insta app)

Thank you. Both good and helpful answers.
Go to: