Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Please could you explain how to update PD using the hotfix you mention. My updated 365 subscription PD crashes every few minutes, and is doing lots of weird things. I've clicked on the link ending with "action=dowload", but there doesn't appear to be anything to download.

Many thanks.

I have downloaded all of the updates via Cyberlink Application Manager. Under PowerDirector 365 it shows "Update."
This is a must. 2024 is nearly useless at this point.

Robert
I would highly recommend not upgrading to version 2024 (i.e., 22.0.) What a disaster. Have not been able to produce one video yet with out crashing, locking up, endless delays on screen refresh, etc. How do I go back to the previous version?

Update (10/3/2023) -- After the third update the program is now stable. Thank You PD!

Robert
Thank you for the suggestions.

Uninstalled PD 365 and reinstalled to

Quote PowerDirector Version: 20.8.3211.0 (64-bit)
Version type: 365
SR number: VDE220630-03

Unfortunately the same error occurs. I can still use SVRT if workable or Hardware Acceleration on a desktop computer that I have.

Thank you for your assistance,
Robert
PowerDirector Version: 20.7.3108.0 (64-bit)
Version type: 365
SR number: VDE220708-02
After the most recent PD 365 update I am no longer able to use Hardware Accelerator (Intel Quick Sync Video). An error is given: "Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player. You can also try to output the production in a different video format." Different format of XAVC S or MPEG-2 yields the same error message.

Media Player is up-to-date. Ver: 12.0.19041.1889

Video card driver, via Dell, has been updated on my Latitude E7450 laptop. Intel HD Graphics 5500, Intel Driver 1/21/2020, Ver: 20.19.15.5126 Updating provided no change.

Running Windows 10 Pro, Ver: 21H2

PD | Preferences | Hardware Acceleration | Optimize - runs successfully and loads up the graphics card during test. Both OpenCL and hardware decoding enabled\disabled - no change.

Fast Video Rendering Technology turned off - video renders fine (i.e., slower).

I have been able to get it to render with Fast Video Rendering turned on (occasionally), but the resulting video has audio only (.aac format). In addition, the preview screen just after rendering will play the rendered video correctly with both audio and video.

Any suggestions?

Robert
Quote I tried the two simultaneous clips in PD13, 14, 17 and 365 and none of them can sync them.

Even though they were recorded at the same time, I don't think there's enough content for PD's algorthims to latch onto. If you were to do the exact same test but simply say something like "Here we go" then closing the clapboard, I think you'd sync 100% of the time.

I'd also also expect that you'd never be able to sync the Vixia clip. Even though your recorded the same sound, it was done by hand at (each time it closes will sound slightly different) and it will not have the same ambient sounds.

Do all three at the same time, don't rush through it, and everything should work like you expect.

I'd also recommend not using the clapboard right in front of any of the cameras (if possible), as that will give widely different volumes and resonances which PD may not consider to be identical. If you must do so, it's even more important that there be other sounds that all mics will hear more or leass equally.

OK smarty editor, you win (and me too). New video script: {2 cameras running} moment of silence, "Hello, testing, testing", moment of silence, ClapBoard - one strike behind both cameras, moment of silence, "Turning off", CUT. That sync'd just fine using Sync by Audio in PD by moving camera 1's A/V to the right 4 frames, now the audio is flawless with one ClapBoard strike heard.

Thank you for your assistance - we are now in sync!

Robert

Post the two 15 second audio clips, maybe some users will have a try. I have a few previous versions of PD and can also check if they are successful.

Jeff

I have attached 3 files from different cameras that don't sync. The files starting with 2021 were taken at the same time with the vixia file recorded later. I was trying to verify if the bit rate or file type had anything to do with it but the results were the same, no sync.
Quote I know this seems like a niche problem, but due to the nature of my editing work I need to work with some very short loops, just under a second long.

When I attempt to import them, I receive the following error: An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different video format.
The duration of an H.264 video must be longer than 1 second.

I have the current version of PowerDirector, and have confirmed that this issue persists in PowerDirector 11. The issue persists with different files of a variety of formats. I've successfully imported the same clip to Adobe Premiere, Corel VideoStudio - even Windows Movie Maker. What's bizarre is that PowerDirector can even produce a clip under a second long, but is then unable to import its own clip.

Surely household name paid software like PowerDirector must be able to do something this basic. Am I going to have to switch editing software over this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I too was just surprised at this "feature" of PD not importing, in my case, PD's own produced file <1 second (33 frames). Since I wanted the produced audio/video file available in the library for easy playback, I added a title on the first track at 00;59 that was 1 frame long and all black resulting in a clip that was 01;00 seconds|frames long. The produced file is now added to the library and the title is easily removed. Unfortunately this is not a solution to your import issue, I was just getting the same error message.

Just means PD couldn't find commonality to align. What can work in these cases is to trim both audio pieces to just a small section that for sure has commonality, and then Sync. If it works then expand the length audio back in both pieces.

Volume will make no difference, mute clips can sync fine as the underlying audio stream is used.

Jeff

I created two new audio/video files about 15 seconds long with one clapboard strike. Unlinked audio/video, deleted the videos, then selected both audio tracks, selected Sync by Audio, and again it moves the audio to the next two tracks and lines them up end-to-end. I then trimmed both audio clips to 1.5 seconds around the clapboard click and again it lines them up end-to-end. This used to work in previous versions.
I have an audio/video track (1) and an audio track (2). I have unlinked the audio/video track (1). There are 4 distinct clicks on both audio tracks and the audio is very short (removed audio after the clicks). Selected both audio clips and selected 'Sync by Audio'. PD moves the audio tracks from track 1/2 to 3/4, and it aligns the beginning of track 4 to the end of track 3 (i.e., end-to-end). I have used it successfully in the past. Any suggestions? Ultimately I have used Alt-right arrow to manually sync the clips.

Robert
Quote Try looking in Local Disk > Users > yourUserName > AppData > Roaming > Cyberlink > PowerDirector > 11.0 > AutoSave.

PowerDirector 19.0 uses the same .pds file backup location (i.e., 19.0 instead of 11.0). Thank you for this post, it was a life saver.

Why did I need it? My files were on an external drive that became disconnected through the night and PD removed the file links in my production. In the morning I hit save (hindsight - should not have), not realizing all of my external file content was removed, and it saved a new, nearly empty version, of the production.

The backup from the previous night was fully intact saving my 6 hours of work from the previous day.

Robert
I found a solution. The solution is this. When you add a new track in between #1 and #2, that means you select add tracks and under the position you select "above track 2." A new track 2 will be added and the original #2 will shift down to #3. We all know this. When you need to remove this new #2 track, you cannot do it by simply right click and select "remove empty track." What i did was, i right click and select "move to" and then moved it to the most bottom track. From there, i'm able to "remove empty track."

This almost did the trick for me. I had track 1, 2, & 3. I synchronized the audio and PD created tracks 4, 5, & 6. I removed content from tracks 1, 2, & 3 and removed empty tracks - thus removing track 3, leaving tracks 1 & 2 (as mentioned above). I was able to move track 2 to the end of the pile and was also able to remove that track. But I am left with an empty track 1 that I can't remove and the "Move Track Content to..." is grayed out. I am stuck with an empty track 1. I will "Add Timeline Marker" for each of two tracks so I don't loose syncronization of the audio, move the content to a lower numbered track, then I should be able to remove my highest number track.

Thanks for the help
When I use Produce | Online | YouTube - the rendering takes place to a .wmv file at 29.97 fps. Is there a way to set it to 60 fps? I have the timeline frame rate at 60 FPS (NTSC), the video is at 60 fps, and profile type: FULL HD Quality 1920x1080. I am able to use Standard 2D with quality set to MPEG-4 1920 x 1080/60p (32Mbps) (custom) and successfully create a .mp4 file at 60 fps.
Go to: