Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the reply and for the tip on using IrfanView! I have gone ahead and submitted the Suggestion via the Help menu.
I have a need to create small (< 2MB) thumbnails for my YouTube Videos.

When I used PhD9, the File Size indicator was always visible when I tried to Export/Save an Image. This was very helpful so that I knew exactly what the projected new size of the image would be when I saved it. Now, with PhD365, I no longer see the File Size there when exporting and I have to try multiple times to get it right to get it as close to 2MB as possible (don't want a low quality image.)

I have checked all the settings and can't find anything to make the File Size indicator appear. Is there something that I am missing?

I've attached the pics to show you what I mean.

Thanks.
Thank you for the link.
hey PIX,

Thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately rebooting did not help, so I followed your suggestion. I deleted the folder "Jim" and everything underneath it.

When I started PhD again, I got another pop-up first. See attached. I clicked Yes and again things got screwed up (program would not open.)

So, delete "Jim" again and try again.

This time, I clicked No.

Then I got the 2nd pop-up, which is your screen print below. I chose "Create New". Lo and behold, I'm able to get back into PhD.

But ALL my imported pics and edits are now gone. Will have to start everything over again. For me, it's no big deal because I wasn't too far ahead on many changes.

Thanks again for the help.
I have PhotoDirector (PD) 365. I was working on about 10 pictures that I had imported into the PD program. After I finished my work and exported the pics, I closed everything.

Next day, I turn on my computer and manually deleted all the original and edited pictures folder from my desktop.

Now I open PD 365 and it says "Picture can't be found". No problem. I clicked on "Remove All" from Library option.
Damn thing was spinning for 5 minutes on the very last step (I think it was called Cleaning up PhotoDirector Library or something.)
Anyway, I opened Task Manager and nuked the program.

Now each time I open PD, the logo in the middle screen doesn't go away and there is a message behind it that I was able to capture by recording my screen since it was there for only a second.

The message says:
Cyberlink Photodirector is checking the project...please wait.
C:\Users\Jim\Pictures\PhotoDirector\12.0\Jim\Jim.phd

What the hell is it doing and why is it taking this long?

Are we NEVER supposed to delete the pictures manually from outside PhotoDirector??? I'll try to restart the computer now to see if that fixes it, but it is frustrating that the program cannot handle deletion of photos well.
Thanks data. Yes, we are aligned on the downloading versus previewing actions. Per your recommendation, I have submitted a Suggestion (from the File menu) requesting an easier and more efficient way to preview the videos before downloading them 👍
Thanks opto for the reply and for confirming what I was thinking. There has to be a better way to quickly preview without all the hassle of going to an external source and hijacking the browser with all the tabs. Maybe that would be changed in the future? Anything is possible technically.

By giving credit, I mean Shutterstock probably gets paid for each video a user clicks on Download to actually download the file to their machine (skipping the preview stage with the multiple tabs on the browser.) But then again, nobody knows the monetary arrangement behind the scenes. That's why I didn't want to download videos and delete them on the spot if I don't like them.

Well, thanks for getting back to me, I'll have to deal with it until a more streamlined solution is implemented next year.
I don't want to click on a link in my browser and then go to my Downloads folder to view them. Not to mention I have 25 tabs now open in Firefox for each time I click on a video to see it.

I also don't want to randomly give credit and download the clips so I can decide to keep them or not.

Why can't the videos play when I click on the little play button in the middle of the video thumbnail??!

Am I missing something here or there is no way to preview in PowerDirector before downloading???
Hi All,

I currently have PD16. Will upgrade when new version is released later this year.

For now, does anyone know how to make a Title Text with a Shattered or Exploding effect? I clicked on each Title effect and nothing is even close to what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
Dear friends,

Sometimes in movies or TV shows, we see a character sitting in a chair or just standing up and using their phone to send a text message to someone. On the screen, you see what looks like the blue (iPhone) or green (Android) bubbles and the text inside the bubble as they are typing or as the other person is replying. Sometimes it has a timestamp also.

Exactly like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89LEK4tZG-E

How to make this magic happen in PowerDirector 16?

Yes, there are templates and other "lower-third" type of items I can pick and simply replace the text, however:

They are fixed in length and do not expand if I decide to write a whole sentence for example, so I usually end up with text much past the end of the graphic. Not good. Also, whatever exists now doesn't look like any of the modern text message boxes from Apple or Android.

Is there another trick to this or do I need to purchase an expansion pack?!

Thanks.
Optodata & PowerDirector Tutorials,

As always, thank you for the ultra quick replies. Much appreciated.

The main reason I don't want to do a File -> Import -> Folder is because I don't want to import all the pictures in the big folder

However, you gave me a very good idea. I will move only the photos that I want to multi-import into their own dedicated folder and import them in 1 shot using the method above!

Thanks again for your help.
Hello Community Forum,

Here is my problem: I have a folder on my Windows 10 desktop. In this folder, I have say 100 pictures. I select about 5 pictures by either left-clicking and then shift left-click a row of pics (ie. multi-select), or I Control left-click some random pics.

NOW I right-click any of the selected photos and choose Open with Photo Director 9.

When Photo Director opens, lo and behold, only ONE photo gets imported. The others never make it over. It says "One photo was imported" and it shows it to me.

Even if I click and drag the photos from the folder into Photo Director directly, only some get manually imported even though the import window shows me the exact # I am importing. I just tried it with 5 photos and only 2 got imported. The duplicate photo did not get reimported.

I'm not going crazy. Try this right now on your PhotoDirector and let me know how it goes before replying.

And, oh! If you have the answer as to what I'm doing wrong, please help me

Thanks!!
Quote Go ahead and use them in PD16. PD17 title templates can have other effects that are not compatible with earlier versions. You only know if you try. Many users do not use the special effects found in PD17.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Will give it a shot!
I have PD16. I've used almost all of the out of the box Text templates so I went to the Director Zone website to download some new ones that other members have created.

A few GOOD ones caught my eye!! When I go to download one, I get a warning that it is ONLY compatible with Power Director 17.
What gives?!

Is this a way to make us upgrade? What's so special about the text effects that PD16 cannot handle?

Thanks for advising.

EDIT: I forgot to add - is there a way to filter my search ahead of time so that I don't waste my time, get my hopes up high, and then be let down when the Template is not compatible with PD16. I can't find a way to specify "do not include PD17" or "only include ones that work with PD16"

TIA
PIX,

Thank you as always for your prompt replies and invaluable help. You are a great asset to this Forum!

I will continue to use Photo Director 9 and Power Director 16, and if I get stuck on anything, I'll come back to the Community Forum for help!

Thanks again!
Thanks PIX for the reply!! It's nice to see a good Welcome and feedback, especially when someone is new to the forum laughing

It's too bad that PhotoDirector 9 cannot perform this easy function that Snag It is able to do. Maybe in a future release they will have this capability.

Yes please, any further information you can help to provide would be appreciated. Right now, my workaround is to import the picture into SnagIt, make the 2 second update and save it. Then I reimport it into PhD9 for further editing!

Thanks.
Hi Everyone,

I realize that I can rotate the text when I am in the Layers screen, but does anyone know how come the text cannot be rotated any number of degrees in the Edit screen when in the Frame & Watermark section??

It seems that the text can only be displayed in a normal fashion/straight (zero degrees rotation.) How come that's the case and is there a way to rotate the text when creating a Watermark?

Thanks.
Hi Everyone,

I decided to take the plunge into PhotoDirector and PowerDirector, and Wow what an experience so far. There's so much you can do!!

I need your help with something that I'm trying to do. I have a photo that I would like to take out a horizonal chunk in the middle and have the top half and lower half of the picture automatically compress together to form a new (smaller/shorter) picture after I complete the cut.

How on earth can you do that easily with 1 click?

For example, I have the latest version of Snag-It and this feature is called a "Cut-Out". You can cut out a section either vertically or horizontally by dragging a straight line they give you on the screen in the direction you want to make the cut. Very, very, very simple.

I have tried searching and clicked on almost every single possible thing in the Edit section of PhotoDirector, but it looks like this feature is not there, or I need to do it in several steps in order to achieve the effect.

For example, watch this video starting at 30 second mark for 6 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GggkFrKNBXg
to see what I'm talking about.

Thank you!!
Go to: