Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help - Please Fix!!! It is not possible to remove/delete any videos contained in the Home > Continue Watching section of defective PowerDVD 22. When I watch a YouTube video with PowerDVD 22 and then close the video before reaching the end, PowerDVD 22 correctly adds that video to Home > Continue Watching. However, I don't want to continue watching many of these videos. But, when I single left-click on a video that I want to remove from Home > Continue Watching, then press the Delete key on my keyboard, and subsequently click the "Delete" button on the PowerDVD 22 pop-up window: "Delete File - Are you sure you want to delete the file from your hard drive?", that video IS NOT DELETED by PowerDVD 22 and it incorrectly remains in the Home > Continue Watching section. Also, when I go to Player Settings > General > Cache Files and click the "Clear Cache" button, all videos still remain in the Home > Continue Watching section of PowerDVD 22. Additionally, when I go to Player Settings > Preferences > CyberLink Cloud (General tab) and click the "Clear Offline Cache" button, all videos still remain in the Home > Continue Watching section of PowerDVD 22. I can go to UI Customization (Media Panel tab) and un-check the box for "Continue Watching" (listed underneath "Home Page"), but that only hides the Home > Continue Watching section, and when I choose to display the Home > Continue Watching section again, all videos still remain in the Home > Continue Watching section. Cannot remove/delete any videos contained in the Home > Continue Watching section. Please fix PowerDVD 22 - Thank you.
May 8, 2019: The following solution received from CyberLink Technical Support fixed the PowerDVD 19 YouTube music video playing and pinning error on my computer (Thank you CyberLink):

With reference to your query, we would like to suggest you to go to PowerDVD settings -> General setting, enable the option "Check for product update information".
After the option has been selected, save the setting, Close PowerDVD.
Reboot Windows, launch PowerDVD, and wait for 5 minutes after the program launched.
(After waiting: close PowerDVD, then re-open PowerDVD)
Check the YouTube video playback condition after waiting.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thank you and Regards,
CyberLink Technical Support
May 7, 2019: Please provide a fix for PowerDVD 19. I just purchased brand new PowerDVD 19 and am very dissapointed because it is defective. Power DVD will not play or pin any YouTube ***music videos*** (although it will play other YouTube videos). Why is CyberLink selling a product whose advertised features do not work??? Please fix!
It is unsatisfactory for 480p video to not play or pin on PowerDVD 18.
Please fix the defective PowerDVD18 v2611 beta patch.

It is unsatisfactory for 480p video to not play or pin on PowerDVD 18!

[u][b]PowerDVD18 will now incorrectly play and pin some YouTube videos only at a lower resolution than the higher resolution offered by YouTube.[/b][/u] For example, video https://youtu.be/MmZexg8sxyk is offered by YouTube and plays on web browser at 480p. But, PowerDVD18 version 2611 beta will incorrectly only play and pin the same video https://youtu.be/MmZexg8sxyk at a lower resolution of 360p. This is only one example (there are many others).

Why would CyberLink ever make PowerDVD 18 not be able to play and pin 480p video when PowerDVD 18 can play and pin 360p, 720p, 1080p, and 4K video???
January 21,2019: I am now unable to play any YouTube Music videos using PowerDVD 18 Ultra, but can watch other videos on YouTube. Also cannot pin any YouTube Music videos. I could play & pin all YouTube Music videos one week ago, but now they (Music videos) will not play or pin at all. Many other customers have also reported this repeated problem to CyberLink (PowerDVD 18 software is again being blocked by YouTube for all CyberLink customers who now cannot play or pin YouTube Music videos, once again). CyberLink Technical Support - Please provide a single permanent fix for PowerDVD 18 software instead of releasing multiple temporary fixes (which YouTube will just block over-and-over again in the future). I purchased new PowerDVD 18 Ultra from CyberLink only two weeks ago so I could watch and pin YouTube Music videos, but PowerDVD 18 Ultra no longer works as advertised just one week later!!! Please fix soon - Thank you. (I'm in the US)
Go to: