Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Goobergirl69,

Type regedit in the windows search area and launch the regedit utility.

In the left hand column, migrate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Cyberlink > PowerDirector16
When PowerDirector16 is highlighted, in the right hand coulmn, near the bottom look for VideoRenderer and reply back what it says. For reference that you have the right parameter, it should say either VMR7 or VMR9. Posting a screen capture would help.

Exit out of regedit without making any changes.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Attached is screen shot.

Thank you,
Cindy

Tip if you do not have it, install an Encoder / Decoder package, maybe it will work

https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

May be support, know a solution for your case
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thank you I have submitted a ticket to tech support as well.

Hi,
Just to be certain, can you confirm that the files play completely OK from the Media Library?

It is only when they are transferred to the timeline that the problem occurs?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

They do not play in the library either.

Thank you

I see you are using shadow files. Try without. If that works we can discuss why.

I unselected the shadow files and I am still having the same issue. If I pause the preview of the video it does show me a picture of the present location of the clip. When O press play again the preview goes to a black screen agin and I can hear the sound.

Thank you,
CIndy

Capture a screen of the occurrence with PD16 and post here, maybe we can see something that helps.

Here is a screen shot-

CIndy

If you did update video drivers and then had this problem, and have no way to revert the drivers, try to uninstall and reinstall the ones you know worked.

In my case I have to use old drivers because the new AMD R9 drivers does not work with PD16 or PD17 I already tested it yesterday.The new Driver looks good for other applications.

I do not believe the drivers have been updated

Thank you,
CIndy
Quote Can you attach a sample clip unaltered from the source?
While we’re at it, what’s the source?
Do you have any codec packs installed?

No I do not believe I have any codec installed. The link of a video I downloaded is here. I downloaded it converted as a MP4 made its with the preview not working properly (black screen) and made the video at this location.

Location 1 source-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH8hgfAhldI

Location 2 what I created-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GDnZAscl6Y

Earlier today I made a couple of mp4 videos using my phone and its the same no mater what I use.

It seems to be just the preview function

Thank you
CIndy

Just had a thought. Have you unintentionally unticked the video track in PD?

It is with all videos and i have checked and unchecked.

Does the MP4 clip play on any other player such as VLC player or similar? If you havent tried it, give it a go.

Robert

Yes the only problem is while trying to view the preview when editing. I have played the video on other players and have produced videos from Powerdirector that work fine. It is just the preview.

Thank you

Here's how:
Video Adapters
AMD Radeon ... (name of your video card)
2 click on the video card, Drive tab see the image

Okay I located the drivers for my video chipset and there is not an option for rolling back the drivers.

Hi Cindy

You dont make it clear if you have actually tried unchecking HA in preferences. If you haven't, try it. Unchecking HA can often cure the strangest things.

Good luck

Robert

Thank you I had seen you posts in the forum regarding this and had already unchecked the Hardware acceleration boxes. Thank you, any other sugestions?

CIndy

If you upgraded your video card drivers, go into Device Manager, Video Card, Reverse Drivers

I have a laptop when I go to Device manager I do not see Video card as an option.

Thank you,
Cindy
I have a mp4 video that I am trying to edit. When I add this or any video into my timeline and attempt to preview I get a black screen and can hear the sound. I can clink and move the the video forward and see it moving but once I select play the clip changes to black and only hear the sound. In researching I installed all the patched/updates. I have ensured the check boxes on the time lime are selected for both the audio and video. Someone had mentioned in the forum to unchecked the boxes for the hardware acceleration under preferences. Please advise. I have both Power director 14 and 16 and neither will work.
Go to: