Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi,

Try looking in the autosave location [look in Preferences>Project] for earlier versions of your project.

As good practice, you should always save your projects using "Save as" and give them a sequential name or number - then you can always go back a version or two and retrieve a broken project!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you very much for your assistance! I've looked into autosave and found the earlier version of my project. Thank you once again.
I also faced the same issue. I initially edited my project in a pre-loaded PowerDirector 14, then edited it using the trial version of PowerDirector 16. When I opened the project using PowerDirector 14, there was a dialog box stating, "This project was created in a newer version of Cyberlink PowerDirector and is not supported by the current version".

Is there any way to retrieve back my old project and edit it using PowerDirector 14? I'm using it to edit a video assignment which is due in a few weeks and I really want to edit using PowerDirector 14 instead of the trial version of PowerDirector 16. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you!
Go to: