Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Pack Project Materials creates a folder of your choice of the files on the timeline. That includes the large video file that is the original video. Many Video files can be several Gigabytes in size.

You can look at the Pack project with Windows explorer, you can see all that is in that folder.

Your zip program zips the files you select. If you did not inclule the large video file, it would not be complete.

Thank you for your response. I am aware of what you are saying.

I DO NOT wish to omit the large video files in there entirety. My point really is that it is unnecessary to include the entire contents of all the video files in the project. Only the segments that are in fact being used - because of course the entire video files would more than likely be stored elsewhere. I guess the video segments could be given another filename in this process.

What I was really wanting to know is if there was a way that PD could ONLY INCLUDE the segments of video in the pack folder that are being used (so I do not have to manually edit down these video files) rather than all the unnecessary video segments too.
When I "Pack Project Materials" and then ZIP to a single RAR , the filesize is enormous - ie. 8.3Gb for a particular project.

If I take the same project in say Filmora and pack (which incidentally is a one-step process to create a ZIP file) , I get 980Mb filesize. SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

What I am deducing to be the difference (and maybe incorrectly) is that Filmora may only save the section of say an imported MP3 that is actually used in the production and not the entire MP3 where the majority of it may in fact have been discarded.

Notwithstanding, is there any way of reducing the "Pack Project Materials" filesize?

Thank you for your assistance.
Another newbie question please...

In PD16 I used the "Hide in Library" to prevent display of certain media content - now how do I bring it back?
I have just moved from Filmora to PowerDirector.

I have 2 tracks with images. The images on the top track are displayed on the left hand side of the screen.

When I insert a transition between two images on the top track, the bottom track is thrown out of alignment causing picture sync issues.

Is there a particular way to insert transitions where you are working with multiple video tracks without affecting their alignment on the timeline?
Go to: