Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Or you could crop it out.
Where is the link?
For me Kathy, my previous crashes were from bad memory sticks-AND I had 12GB RAM. That is a HUGE issue with stability.

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU Power Director 8 Ultra.
I think it is fixed. I also think that trying to apply a fix/enhance to a rendered slide show template in the main video track crashes PD.
Thanks for all the advice on this one guys. I think the Video Driver update helped. I have noticed something curious; the only track that will bring up the "Fix/Enhance" tab is the clips/effects in the "pip 1" track??
Artifacts from the previous scene pop up in my slideshow, after producing to a file. The artifacts are brief snippets of the previous scene(one or two frames long). All the transitions in this video are cross fades. I used the slideshow tool. I believe it was the "movement" template. I have tried AVCHD2.64 and WMV. This problem is not on the timeline, but only after I export to a file. Thanks for your thoughts!

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 980x @333 6 core processor, 12 GB ram DDR 1600, Radeon 5850 GPU Power Director 8 Ultra.
I had some of that info wrong. The problem is happening after I enter the "Enhance/Fix" window.
Here's the DX Diag file of my PC.
Thanks!
I've had that same problem and I think it might have something to do with a delay of the hard drive that has the project file on it. The second time I open PD it doesn't happen. I have C-OS/Apps, D-Media, E-Project files. Just a thought.
Sorry, double click the video track to open it in another window.
I can't remember how to do the DirectX Diagnostic report?
Yes, I've done all of that.
You have to double clip the video track that you want to view the safe zone on.
How do I stop PD from crashing EVERY time I go into "Edit Video"? I get the pop-up-"Power Director Has Stopped Working" It happens after I "Apply" the effect/change...like "remove Red Eye". Is this happening to anybody else?

PROBLEM FIXED - The other "unsupported format" issue 0110 code was because I didn't have a HDCP compatible monitor. I went with the Samsung PX2370 MONITOR. Everything works fine now!
Did you ever find a fix for "freezing transitions" Robert? I have an i7 980X CPU with 12 cores. I am having the same problem
Michael, I am working with a trial version of Power DVD 10. I did change the drive letter and now I don't have the "unsupported format" popping up! Now the bluray loads and I get (code = 0110) error. It has something to do with HDPC, I think. It says I need to switch to an analog display device (VGA D-sub). My computer changed the display to Win 7 Basic colors. What does all this mean and how do I fix it? Any ideas?
Thanks for the advice Michael, however there was a time that it did work in drive B. The only change I made after that was installing my old dvd/cd player into the new computer. The old dvd/cd player is assigned as G drive. I believe it is also a"slave" to B. My biggest skepticism is that the blurays USED to play but now they don't.
Craig, I have been working with the support tech at Cyberlink (in India, lol) for over a week now. Working with a language barrier doesn't help the situation.
At this point I am working with a trial upgrade to Power DVD 10 that will play DVDs but not Blurays. The one consistant thing that I get is "unsupported file format in drive B".
I would suggest you go to your video card's manufacturer website and download the latest drivers. Go from there.

Good luck.
I have an LG bluray burner. I am no longer able to play any blurays on it using Power DVD8 Version 8.0.3228f.50 Is there a fix?
Go to: