Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Can you open Task Manager, then click on the Open Resource Monitor link and see how hard your CPU is working when it's searching in PhD12:

Between 11-12%
Quote satMAX, you and PIX are on different page views which changes where the Search box is located. See if changing the view to Photo Browser Only (like PIX has tested) speeds up Search:

Exact the same problem. When I use the search box, it is verry slow.

If I use the Tag Structur on the left, all is fine. If I create a "smart collection" with the sample keyword "gina" in any text it is fast. Only the search box is verry slow.
Quote Hi!

the tag search works fine, there ist not the problem, the problem is the search box, see attachment. When you use the searchbox, you have still wait for 30-60 seconds.

I added a video to show you the problem: https://youtu.be/KPpqgEfe61Q
Hi!

the tag search works fine, there ist not the problem, the problem is the search box, see attachment. When you use the searchbox, you have still wait for 30-60 seconds.
Hi Pix,

thx for yor answer. When I use the "Tags" in the left Window for sarching, all is fine. All foung <1 Second. But when I use the "search" box (right lower corner in the PhotoDirector window) it is verry solw. I entred "giitti" for searching. Then is nothing, no hourglass, nothing. About 30-35 seconds later Photodirector shows 25 pictures.

When I click on the tag "Gitti", PD immediately shows the pictures, fine!

When I create a smart collection with text "Gitti", PD immediately shows the pictures, fine!

When I use the search box in the right lower corner I have to wait 30 seconds or more before PD shows me any respond, bad!

The search field located on top of the browser panel.

BR
Markus
Hello,

I'm considering switching from Lightroom to Photodirector. First I imported all of my photos, about 15,000. Now when I search for tags in PhotoDirector, it takes 30-60 seconds! Under lightroom 1 second. How can you speed it up the search?

Markus
Hallo,

ich überlege einen Umstieg von Lightroom auf Photodirector. Zuerst habe ich mal alle meine Fotos importiert, ca, 15000. Wenn ich nun im PhotoDirector nach Tags suche, dauert dies 30-60 Sekunden! Unter lightroom 1 Sekunde. Wie kann man das beschleinigen, das kann ja so nicht sein...

Markus
Go to: