Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Being as this is a user to user forum, it's better to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions if you have any feedback you'd like to share directly with Cyberlink.

As to your desire for >4K producing, there are many discussions already here that detail exactly how to do just that. Here's one with all the details.
Ooh didn't see that. thanks
I recently bought me a 3d/vr 180 camera and it's resolution exceeds 4K. I know PD can edit 3d video, but wouldn't it be an idea to allow higher resolutions? Maybe an idea for PD20 perhaps. Now the max resolution to export is 4096x2048px. Would love to see it bumped up to 8K. For me personally 6K would be enough.
Quote I see that you're recording to 1920x1080/24p MP4. Have you tried changing that to a different frame rate, other container or even a different resolution (just for testing)?

I've been using PD for 10 years but I've never once used the capture room, so hopefully other experienced members can offer some advice on which capture setting they'd recommend using here.

I've tried every variation. The weird thing is that PD16 doesn't have this problem.

I'll see if I can reach someone at Cyberlink techsupport.

Thanks for your help though

We're all users here (not Cyberlink customer service or tech support), and my educated guess is that simplifying the interface and adding more chroma key layers gives better results.

At least that's been my experience, especially when trying to get rid of areas with fairly similar colors. I've found that having 2 or 3 individually adjustable keys gets the job done quicker and easier than trying to tweak more controls on a single chroma key tool.

If you get the same effect and aren't ristricted with half of the parameters, then I guess that's fine.

That's not a typical issue, unless you're talking about working with 4k clips and trying to preview in Full HD. In that case, try lowering the preview resolution and/or turning on Shadow Files.

If that doesn't help, or if you believe that the sound and video are actually out of sync when previewed in PD17, it would really help if you could use Screen Recorder to show what's happening on your timeline when you work with those clips.

It would also help to get a sample clip so others can test it on their systems.

When I drag the audio 4 steps to the right, only then it's synced. In PD16 I had no such problems.

That's not a typical issue, unless you're talking about working with 4k clips and trying to preview in Full HD. In that case, try lowering the preview resolution and/or turning on Shadow Files.

If that doesn't help, or if you believe that the sound and video are actually out of sync when previewed in PD17, it would really help if you could use Screen Recorder to show what's happening on your timeline when you work with those clips.

It would also help to get a sample clip so others can test it on their systems.

I don't mind if the problem only occurs while previewing, but it also occurs when exporting. I can make a short example video.

The thing is that it doesn't solve anything for me, 'cause I know my system plays the exported file as should. But I will make a short video. One moment.
I'm subbed to your channel and I watch all of your video's. Very helpfull.

I walked in to one problem with PD17..

When you record video in the capturesection, the sound de-syncs. I never had this problem in PD16. I still have that version and it still works without a flaw. Do you know what the problem can be in PD17? Do you have an idea?
In PD16 there were 4 scrollbars to set parameters. In PD17 there are only 2. Is there a reason for this?
Can someone try this? In the capturing tab, record with your recording device (webcam/dslr) and see if you get the same problem?
I have a Brio 4k cam which I capture video with. In PD16, no problems. In PW17 the sound goes out of sync. Not a little bit, but disturbingly.

What can the problem be?
Go to: