Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi

I usually shoot a white balance card at the start of a shoot. I can correct in PD. But if I shoot multiple short clips I dont want to start each with a white card. Same lighting, etc.

Is it possible to apply the same white balance to several clips in PD?

Is it possible to merge several clips in PD? I was thinking the easiest way would be to merge several clips and the do white balance and any other modifications to that single clip.

I dont see how a person could modify several individual clips, white bal, color correction, etc, individually andt get consistency.

Thanks
Hey Guys

This is my first post, just started using PD15 yesterday (I used to have PD8 and finally upgraded my computer and program for a project).

Anyways, my new project showed me a flaw/bug in PD, I googled it and that is how it was described. I was replacing original audio tracks with one single master audio clip for a few video clips from different cameras . The audio on a few cameras was terrible, so I wanted one good audio track for all video clips for continuity. I would then edit these upgraded clips to one video. Everything went fine at the start. I unlinked, synched audio/video to master audio, replaced audio and then relinked video to the new master audio. But then after I relinked, all tools diappeared!!

I freaked because this task is why I upgraded. I googled the issue and found that this is a "bug or flaw" of PD. Once you unlink and relink video/audio tracks and work on them, I guess they really are not relinked, because PD treats them differently after that.

But, when I went back and unlinked the master audio from video the tools do reappear. So I dont think this is the catastrophe I initially thought it was. But it seems it will take more time as a workaround. To me, this is an unusual, seemingly simple problem that should have been corrected a long time ago.

Any thoughts? I am surprised this issue still exists in PD 15 because when I googled it, this issue has been known for a long time.

Thanks from a newbie!
Go to: