Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi Nerov -

I've wasted a lot of time with this... editing WMV profiles at resolutions greater than 1920x1080. Using Windows Media Profile Editor.

BTW I have read that it's not compatible with Win 10, but it's working here OK.

Anyway, using Windows Media Profile Editor to edit 2K, 2.5K, UHD or 4K profiles I was getting constant errors and couldn't save because of that.

Finally it dawned on me to edit the profiles with Notepad or Wordpad... & it worked!

Attached is a batch of WMV profiles (zipped), including 2560x1440 for YouTube & local production. After unzipping, drop the profiles (not the containing folder) into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\Language\Enu\Profiles (or whichever language folder is appropriate)

If you don't want all the lower res profiles, just use the separate zip file for 2.5K profiles, & follow the same steps.

That's just for WMV. If you want 2560x1440 profiles for other formats the Profile.ini needs to be edited, shown here.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Yes, I tested the 2.5K profiles & - yes - they work. YT test here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-fnoQwzxU

Is it possible to upload the profiles again? The links do not work anymore. My new version of Powerdirector 16 has no WMV profiles at all.....

Forget the above: it's because the Media featurepack for Windowws didn't install right, that I had no WMV-export options. Reinstalling Windows 10 pro N now

They should be online for 2 weeks on this link: https://files.fm/u/b6agta6v
Amazing ynotfish, it worked!

Turned out I made a mistake when searching for the directory location of my profiles, I never checked the full root and didn't notice these profiles being language dependant. I was actually editing the Korean profiles...not the English.

After copying your 2.5k version of the files in the english directory it worked flawlessly, great image quality.

Again, thank you both.
Quote Welcome to the forum. The Youtube uploader within PD is limited to WMV files, and it is a real pain in the backside to alter or create a new WMV profile.

First, you need to go and find WMV profile editor, I just happen to have a link. Windows Media Encoder 9

Then you need to watch THIS...PD Toots

Do a search on the Forum here for more links to this matter.

Thank you Barry for steering me in the right direction.

It seems that I haven't fully found the solution yet, which is partly due to a time limitation. Feel free to steer me in a better direction if my below actions are unwise:

Solved:

• the directory where the profiles are stored differ when PD is installed via STEAM (solved via simple document search)

• WM encoder 9 cannot be installed on Windows 10 by default (extracted .exe and installed standalone via .msi)

Open:

• The WMV profiles differ in resolution to what is selectable in PD

• I still have to see if changing these will influence the youtube profiles within PD

• The youtube labled profiles only partly resemble the selectable resolutions in PD (there are more youtube profiles than selectable in PD, not including the double count for PAL/NTSC)

• Changing the youtube profiles which are selectable in PD to any resolution/bitrate is not possible (the new or even existing resolutions and bitrate are not accepted by WM encoder to be saved, some message about the bitrate not within 20.1M)

• This might be because I installed the x64 version of WM encoder 9, I still have to try the x86

• Changing either the 3k or 4k youtube profiles to 'use the given media resolution' does not make it addept to 1440p material

• The profiles contain Korean characters when opened via WM encoder 9, the resolutions are still viewable and I'm assuming that these Korean descriptions do not influence the profile title in DP (which are in english)

I've noticed that 1440p is not a default selectable option. In normal 2D editing it can be added with some manual workarounds, but for youtube uploads this does not seem possible.

Am I missing something?

(why is 1440p not a default in the first place?)
Go to: