Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I only have P2G 11 on my computer now and it does allow you to burn to a DVD folder.

Why don;t you want to use Power Director 7? Have you tried to put your video in it and output it to a folder? You can copy a DVD to your computer and add the vob files to Power Director. VOB files are mpg2 files iin disguise.

thanks for your reply Steve, I assume you have win 10 and the latest p2g works with it.

I don't have a video; I'm trying to backup text files to a dvd or cd; I worried that a nuclear war might fry electronics and only optical backups would survive; but that is very unlikely; so, I'm not sure it's worth buying burner software.
Quote Phil, Why add your issue to an almost 10 year old thread?

thanks for your help; I thought it would be polite to get help from previous post;

and the thread I found to be most helpful had an obvious hole, that should have been updated in case some else searching for same problem found the same thread.

dvd-recording software such as Power2Go should have the ability to write a dvd image to hard disk instead of dvd;

if the Power2Go 8 that comes with the LG burner requires additional software to do that; people should know about it.

I'm using media suite 10 with power2go DE(oem) 8.0.0.6810

sr# p2g160812-02

-- dxdiag not needed for this question.
how do I "produce my DVD to a folder on my hard drive" without "PowerDirector 7"

with only media suite 10 and its power2go 8?

-- cyberlink replied to my power2go-can't-burn problem by suggesting this:

"2. Produce the video disc as “disc folder” on local hard drive without burning to disc to sort if it is a disc writer burning related problem, or video transcoding problem without using disc writer."
Go to: