Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Silly question. I submitted a video and linked it onto my Facebook page. I'm not at all a big Facebook user, however I thought the point of doing this was that when people on Facebook liked the post it would increment my vote count by one. Is this not the case as on Facebook my post has over 20 likes, however I only have one vote on the contest page?
Didn't see this thread earlier, however it would appear multi card setups are not supported unless something has changed since PD12.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/39440.page

I would really appreciated 100% confirmation though before I strat trying to return items.
Have been going back and forth with support on this and have yet to get a black and white answer.

Does anyone know (yes or no answer) if PDR supports and utilises multi card setups using either Nvidia CUDA or AMD VCE?

The response I got from support said it was more the VRAM. In terms of reducing rendering times of 4k timelines, does this mean I am better off with a single 8GB GFX card as opposed to the 2 x 4GB RX 570 cards as I was planning?

I have seen several videos regarding Davinci Resolve (which I was planning to use before I found Director Suite 5) utilzing mutiple graphics cards to great effect and perhaps erronously assumed that PDR could do this to.

I already have the 2 x RX 570 cards (just waiting on my motherboard to come in), so really just wanting to know if I shouldn return them for a single GTX 1070 or RX 580 with 8GB of VRAM.
Hi All,

I am currently upgrading my PC (gaming & 4k video editing) and would really like to upgrade the GFX platform to a 2 way RX 570 Crossfire solution. Does PD15 (and the entire Director Suite 5 package for that matter) fully support AMD VCE in this configuration?
Did occur to me, however from memory I had a Seasonic 650W gold PSU at the time which I thought should have been sufficient. as asside from the CPU at 95W max there was nothing else that should have been drawing much power in the system. Anyway the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 OC Mini I ended up with drew about 150W at full load and remains rock solid to this day, can't imagine the Radeon option requiring significantly more power.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I've been told on other forums that PowerDirector works better with Nvidia anyway. With Gary's experience plus the fact the AMD Vega GPUS's are out at the end of the year which will be VCE 4 I think I will stick it out with the the GTX970 for now. Will help with the finances too, buying CPU, ram, motherboard and 250GB M.2 drive is leaving a dint as it is.
Thanks, did that but made no difference. Turns out it worked fine after unchecking video enchancement for each clip in my timeline. Can export to 4k now no problems.
Thanks Gary, funny you should say that as a during my last PC upgrade I tried putting an Radeon card in with my Intel i5 2500k and it would just randomly crash and the system would sometimes not even boot. Tried returning the card and they could not fault it after running it though all same sort of heavy GPU stress testing where it was crashing for me. Ended up Ebaying the Radeon and getting the GTX 970 I have now which has been very solid. Had always put it down to some sort of intel/Nvidia/Radeon incompatibility, perhaps it wasn't that after all.

I would keep the GTX 970, however it has pretty limited support for encoding/decoding modern codecs. Was there anything in particular that would happen when using the RX 470 with PowerDirector? Was it crashing, freezing, slow performance, all of the above?
Hi All,

I recently purchased Director Suite 5 nad have put together a 5min video using 4k sourced from a DJI Mavic Pro. Apart from the fade transitions between shots I have no effects on my timeline and the only alterations I've done is to do some colour correction on the footage as it was shot in a flat DLOG profile to try and preservre the dynamic range as much as possible. Should point out that I have rendered multiple 4k videos using 4k footage from multipledrones without issue, this is just the first where I have put effort in to color correcting each clip rather than just applying a one size fits all LUT from ColourDirector.

Everything looks good, however when I export to a 4k mpeg4 video in an mp4 container there is one specific clip where the fade transition on either end are not rendered. The screen just goes black during the section that should be a fade transition from one clip to the next. Even weirder is that if I render this exact timeline out to FullHD, no such issue exists.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Hi All,

Recently gotten back into video editing after some time on the bench. Almost all of my footage these days is 4k and finding my old Intel i5 2500k / Nvidia GTX 970 based PC is not quite up to the task. Anyway, looking to upgrade to the following and would appreciate it if anyone knew of any issues (stability, performance, other) with it;

• Windows 10

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU

• 2 x 8GB PC3200 DDR4 Ram

• Radeon RX 570 GPU

• Samsung 250GB 960 EVO M.2 (OS & Programs)

• Samsung 1TB 840 Evo SSD (Working files)

Any advice / suggestions appreciated.
Go to: