Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Since i got no responses here, i realized that i wont be using lossless in the future.

But i had an idea to save my 4 videos i thought were going to be a lost cause, so basically
i played one of the videos in full screen in the VLC player while OBS recorded it, in a new rate control which worked.

So now i have a functional editble video which is the parameters in OBS i use for my other videos.

Edit ... although i still have no sound in the editor, but the video when i produce it has sound
whats the deal with that? anyone?

I would just like to know in general why lossless dont work in the editor, maybe not compatabile or supported?
Cheers!
Hi guys long time user of Powerdirector, and been using PD16 for probably 5yrs or so.

i recorded a gameplay video with OBS the settings were this:

Output of video
Rate control: lossless
max quality

The video was recorded in 1920x1080

The video plays fine in the VLC media player, but when i put the file into powerdirector, it loads
then when i put it on the top timeline where i normally edit videos, no video shows, and then theres
no audio. I got some message stating that the audio will be muted or something but the final video wont be that way.

Well either way i cant view the video to edit it anyways, so i have neither video or audio.
Thing is i have 4 videos i recorded in lossless and i dont want to lose this footage, again the videos play fine in
the VLC player, so can someone tell me what the issue is and how can i fix it?

Here are the properties in PD16 for the video file:

File
File Type: MP4
File Size: 10.74gb

Video
Type: H.264 AVC
Duration: 3:32:15
Bitrate: 452.79 Mbps
Resolution: 1920x1080
Frame Rate: 60fps
Apect ratio: 16:9

Audio
Type: AAC
Sampling rate: 48khz
Bitrate: 319kbps
Quote You may want to right mouse click on the clips on the timeline and click Edit Cli[ Alias/Change Alias… to allow you to hit the spacebar or the period and then OK to make it less conspicuous. You can do the same on the clip in the media library.

Try this: Rename the clips in the Media Library before you drag the clips to the timeline. That would save more time if you split and/or reuse the same clips multiple times on the timeline like what you show in the PD16 screenshot.

Never knew this after all these years, so what i ended up doing was just puttign the clip on the time line
changing the alias name to a period, then any split i do after is a period for every clip, not as big, and doesn't block
the view of the volume line.
Well this has solved the problem, not really the change i was after which was for cyberlink to actually update
and move the title to the bottom or somewhere else, it still makes no sense to me why its where its at,
anyways this will save me a headache from straining to see what im trying to split in the future.

I may upgrade to PD20 after all. Thanks for your insight into this.

Two questions,
considering i have PD16, if i upgrade to PD20 would there be a discount, or would i basically be
just rebuying the new version at full price which is $130?

Would my PD16 get updated, like be upgraded to PD20 like a huge patch if i buy PD20, or is it a seperate
download and basically its just a newer version of Powerdirector?

I have PD16 Ultimimate btw.
Using Powerdirector since v13, currently using v16 for past 3+yrs i think.
One of my major gripes about PD is that when you are editing a video, and you make cuts, or split
the video in parts, the title of the video your editing is in the way!

See a screenshot of what im referring too:
PD16 split clip, title in the way

See what the red arrows are pointing at?

Their pointing at the title of the video which is overlaying the edit line, in my some of my videos for my Utube channel
i do tutorials on how to do certain things, and when your editign a video you may need to cut out certain things
in your recording, like some things on what you say, like the um, ahh, or things you dont want in the video hence why you edit.

What im saying is, sometimes you need to be precise in where you make your cuts, and in this situation where the
title of the video is over the sound part of the video where i need to make a cut, i cant see what im trying to cut.
Every cut i make again notice the red arrows, the title of the video overlays or sits exactly on those parts
sits exactly on the volume, or sound line. I use that line to look for certain pitches and changes in volume because it tells
me where something is when i said something or there is a noise that i want to cut out.

My suggestion is to move the title of the video so that it is below the volume or sound line, you have plenty of room.

Is this possible to do?
I see the same issue in powerdirector 20, i was looking to upgrade finally to v20 but after watching a tutorial, and a feature
video on it, i noticed the same issue with the title of the video is still ........over the volume line.

Lastly another thing is all the functions in the middle above the video editing line, especially the spit button
should be in the center of the editor, not all the way to the left.
I say this because it takes time to be precise, reach all the way with your cursor to split a line, not very efficient if you have to chase tools, and buttons when your work is in a certain spot.
It would be one thing if you could move that whole tool function line but you cant.

Please update!! its not efficient the way it is, most especially with the title of the video on the volume,
it makes no sense to be there.
Quote You can create a custom MP4 with a 60p frame rate (this post has more details), or you can click on the MP4 box and select M2TS instead, which has a built-in 1920x1080/60p profile. That's what I use for my YT videos.

Try producing to one of these and see if the video plays properly on YT. Maybe produce a shorter range first to test without such a long upload time. You can mark the video as unlisted so nobody else will see it.

Neat never knew you could do that, a question what does the 28mbps mean? Megabytes per second?
and what does that correlate too?
Quote That's frustrating, and the problem might be with 120fps, but I'm not 100% certain.

I just made a 4 min test video with your exact production settings and it turned out fine on YT. It's full length, but (as Hatti mentioned) only playable at 60p max.

In my opinion, recording at 120 frames per second is best for shooting something that you'll later want to show in slow motion, and I honestly don't know what you or anyone would do with a clip that's produced at 120fps unless it's going to be slowed down later. That's too fast for the eye to see, and I don't think anything played back much beyond 60fps is helpful.

Short answer: Go back to producing 1920x1080/60p. You can still record at 120fps, which you can slow down in PD if you want to show a replay of something in slow mo. Otherwise, PD will basicaly just ignore the extra frames when producing.

Theres no option for 1920x1080/60p see my screenshot ---> http://prntscr.com/lq91pe
if i choose 30p it gives the video a 29.9 screenshot ---> http://prntscr.com/lq93e2

I've used the 120p option for the past year, i had no idea that the 120p stood for 120fps or framerate,
and all my vids since i chose that option have been 1080p60
If i choose the 1920x1080/30p/16mbps will i still get the 1080p60HD on my vids?

All i wanted for my videos is highest quality possible so i chose 120p and had no issues in the past year,
but not uploading for a month, just took a break, and the video gets cut short, which makes no sense because
i took 3 weeks off to a month before and came back without issues.

You can see what types of videos i record and upload linked on my first OP, their all gaming videos.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I always upload to Utube manually through utube itself, plus i use Tubebuddy for extra features.

I only use Powerdirector 16 to edit my videos i record, and i record with OBS software which is free,
im using latest version, i can take screenshot of my settings if that helps, which i just changed.

"But why do you produce with 120 fps? For 120 fps, 60 mBit/s is not a very good quality."

Is that what that means 120fps?
Every time i use that setting my uploads are 1080p60 HD isn't that not good?
My videos look better then previous videos i did at only 1080p, this was my last video i recorded
and edited about a month ago,
its at 1080p60 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdM-WYA-rZg&t=122s

I've used the 1920x1080/120p (60mbps) setting for about a year and never had issues with uploading.

My last 2 videos i tried to upload as per my title 1st one was cut short to 28 seconds, my 2nd attempt it was cut to 22 seconds,
this is what im trying to understand, is my rendering settings and something else not meeting, or going to far over for utube requirements?

I dont know what to do, and im afraid to upload again and sit there for 2hours and wait
and then end up with a 20 second video again.

i appreciate any help. Thank you.
Hello community,
I recently recorded a video, this was an ingame recording using the latest OBS software.
My Utube channel seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GunterSeverloh

Im having an issue with my latest upload, i know this isn't utube forums but im thinking my issue has to do with powerdirector 16, idk
I havent uploaded a video in about a month, so this past weekend i recorded a video in a computer game i always play called Arma3.

I have 228 videos i edited and uploaded without issue using power director, my settings for when i produce a video can be seen here:
(screenshot) https://prnt.sc/lq4vmt

Now i never had issues til my last upload, my video is 17:47 minutes long, and 5.46gb in size,
so the video took me 2hours and 30 minutes to upload, fairly standard for my videos give or take.
After this upload, and it processed, i went to check out the video, and to my surprise the video is only 28 seconds long,
so somehow the video was cut, shortened, and i dont know how or by what.

The details for the video on the produce page of the editor states, that the framerate of the video is 119,
when utube's guidelines require this:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

im wondering is the framerate of my video to high, or being produced to high?
I dont understand what the details represent, are they settings for all videos, or are they settings for my video i am rendering?

I dont know what to do, i never had this issue i been on utube since 2010, and use the same software.
Anyone have any idea of whats wrong and how do i fix it?

My last video on my channel i had no issues with, i had all the same settings as my recent video that was cut short.

Gunter
Hello
I am having an issue with editing videos, ever since I stopped using Fraps to record my videos and using D3DGear video recorder instead, i been getting the same error/issue with every video I import into the editor.

I record gaming videos, edit them and upload to my utube channel, i currently use D3DGear to record the videos the vids i record are in AVI format, and all my media players i have:

Windows media player, VCL, DivX player, all open the video i recorded with no issues.
When i import the video into Power Director, and move the video to the timeline i get this error:

Screenshot ---> Sound error screenshot

If i use my other videos editor Movavi I have no issues with that, am i missing some codec or some file that powerdirector needs?
The video plays np in the editor preview but it has no sound.

Im running windows 7 64bit, never had this issue til i started using D3Dgear http://www.d3dgear.com/faqs.htm

A buddy of mine uses the same vid recording program and also uses powerdirector, does the same as me for recording vids, but does not have this issue, so i must be missing a codec, or something powerdirector needs?

What do I do, I'd prefer to use this editor over Movavi. please help.
Go to: