Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I downloaded my newly purchased PD 19 with no problems. Tried to "Insert Project" ( a PD 14 project that was never finished or produced into a DVD) into PD 19. What resulted was the PD 14 media library transferred and its photos and music clips are now present in the PD 19 library. The timeline with one video and one audio track transferred, however, with no sound or photos in the preview window. Any sugestions are appreciated.
See DxDiag attached.
Currently installed is Powerdirector 14 & Photodirector 8. Want to upgrade as captioned above. Any negative issues as far as capability is concerned? Thanks
Quote Thanks for all the specifics, and I think you've pretty much answered your own questions.

No version of PD ever overwrites any existing versions, although if you'd purchased an upgrade the installer might have uninstalled the previous version.

Your plan to have them both coexist is the ideal situation since PD365 should be able to access all downloaded/customized content already on your system. I'm sure you're aware that PD365 can open PD16 projects - but once you save them (or create a new PD365 p[roject) - you won't be able to open them in PD16 again.

Installing PD365 should go smoothly, but the safest way to proceed is to make a system image of your entire C: drive now so you'll be able to restore it if anything does go wrong. This post has a brief overview of free options.

I have similar issue..current PD 14 project is about 60% complete... getting ready to install PD 19 ultimate from CD Rom. I assume this installtion will not adversely effect my efforts to complete the PD 14 project using PD19. Any prcauctions I should take? Thanks
Go to: