Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi, just starting out with PD....

Can PD embed the filename in jpg metadata in an automatic/batch process?

Have found plenty of utils/methods that can do this one file at a time, but I'd like to run this as a batch process touching many files (with the correct filename tag) at a time.

I have a persnickety client who insists on using their own naming convention and I'd like to be able to track their homegrown file names back to my original image file through metadata.

Thanks!
How to fix this message? None of my Cyberlink editing programs will start.

I have only ever loaded and run my PD 365 from one computer.
Anyone using a customized keyboard with a shuttle/jog wheel like the Contour or LoupeDeck?
Is there a comparison chart that highlights the differences in audio editing features native to PD17 vs AD 8 or AD 9?

Thanks
Anyone using the LoupeDeck edit controller with PD 16 or 17? Thanks
I'd also make sure that your system BIOS, whether it's desktop or laptop, supports turning off HT threading and allows for any internal non-Intel GPU to be disabled. Not all desktop or laptop systems, especially budget systems, allow this kind of configuration flexibility.

There is enough doubt/FUD about PD and these two features that it's nice to be able to shut them off at the machine level if necessary/desired.
somewhat from a subscription-only model. They now (quietly) sell full versions of CC as CC Classic. No on-going fees, no on-going internet connections, downloadable install media and patch files.

Will it take CL 5 years to catch up to Adobe in this area?
Lots of chatter on the web about it, but....

Has anyone done actual testing to see if PD16 actually takes proper advantage of hyper threading or is it potentially faster/same with HT turned off?

The CPU in question in an i7-7700HQ, 4 physical cores @ 2.8Gz or 8 HT threads, embedded Intel HD Graphics 830.

Thanks
I hope that everyone who answered the free-form questions brought up these three issues.

a) Fix, once and for all, using hardware accelleration with both AMD and Nvidia discrete GPUs, including laptop and Optimus implementations.

b) Support for the new Ryzen 3/5/7 integrated apu (cpu/gpu) processors.

c) Support for the net Intel processors with the integrated AMD GPUs.

Thank you
Looking for 16:9, preferably HD (4k?) of severe storms with emphasis on lighning and snow/blizzards.

Material that cost modest amounts of $$ ok. Doesn't have to be free.

Much of what I've found on Amazon, etc are 'copied' from YouTube at low resolution, 4:3, watermarked, etc.

Thanks
Intel says that the 'difference' between HD630 and UHD630 are in name only. Same hardware.
On the verge of losing about a weeks worth of work with a corrupt pds file.

Anyway to get this checked out?
Please make this a priority, on a 4k editing display, the wave editor is almost unusable because it's locked into smaller-than-hd resolution.

Thanks
Thanks Barry, Carl. Your answers are certainly more useful than a web link to sales literature ;-(

Anyway, that's about what I've found searching. Was hoping that someone (Cyberlink, hello out there, anone home??!!) would have finally figured out what's up with AMD vs Nvidia on laptop platforms, driver versions, etc.

A poorly working or totally inop laptop AMD/Nvidia will always be outperformed by an Intel IGP. But since high-end 7th gen i7 laptops nearly always come with a GPU, it would have made sense to go for the GPU with the most real-world potential.
I have an opportunity to get an excellent deal on a i7-7500U laptop. There are two models, at the same price; one with an nvidia 940m and the other with an AMD R7 M440. The AMD laptop has DDR4 memory, the Nvidia laptop has DDR3. Otherwise they're identical.

With PowerDirector 15 and the current state of the Nvidia and AMD drivers, which of the two GPUs, AMD or Nvidia, are likely to be more effectively used?

I'm one of the ones who have never, ever seen Cyberlink utilize my current Nviaia GPU (an older 840M). Searching the forums, I read far more comments about problems getting Nvidia GPUs running in Power Director than I see AMD-related posts.

I don't care which GPU is 'better' laughing. Pretty much only care which one is better utilized by PowerDiretor.

Thanks.
On PD15, my Shuttle Pro is working just fine. Using the Contour helper application (v2.13.3), I've re-programmed the heck out of it though.

I've also asked CL to consider creating a few new keyboard commands that would make jog forward/backward a lot easier than using a macro. It would also be nice if we had a keyboard command that would flush the hardware keyboard buffer or otherwise tell PD to 'stop everything'.

Quote In January, my Contour ShuttleXpress stopped working with PD. It still works with other programs, just not PD.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Terry
Does anyone have CUDA co-processing functioning with current Nvidia drivers and PD15?

Reading forums here and at Nvidia, I'm not encouraged at all. Seems that around May of 2015, Nvidia drivers stopped supporting PD with Cuda.

Perhaps this has something to do with the new Vulkan graphics API/libraries coming on-line and Nvidias passive and very slow work in adapting to them and phasing out OpenCL?

The timing of Vulkan becoming mainstream in 2015, Cyberlink supporting it (??) and Nvidia reluctantly and slowly acknowledging it all revolve around the first half of 2015

and..... is IntelQuickSync 'faster' than an equivalent Nvidia GPU and CUDA? Has Cyberlink made a stealth decision to only support Intel QuickSync and Vulkan from now on?

Thanks
Does Cyberlink 'publish' a document that describes how it uses multi-core CPUs (2/4 core, 4/8 threading) alongside nVidia or AMD GPUs.

Having such a document in hand would be a good guide for all of us who are on the edge of investing in new hardware. Help us to get the most bang for our hardware bucks based on how PD15 and potentially 16 take advantage of modern hardware.
Hi. Would it be possible to create a new hot key for users? I'd like to have a hotkey to toggle between three of the 'seek by' options like frame, second, minute.

Having this hotkey that I could program into an NLE controller like a ShuttlePRO would greatly speed up my workflow. Alternately, how about individual hotkeys for each of the 'seek by' options?

Would also appreciate a way to invoke the os-level keyboard-flush function to clear the buffer and command string, again from programmable NLE controllers. Kind of a 'stop everything' option.
Hi. Would it be possible to create a new hot key for users? I'd like to have a hotkey to toggle between three of the 'seek by' options like frame, second, minute. Having this hotkey that I could program an NLE controller like a ShuttlePRO (with porgrammable buttons) would greatly speed up my workflow.

Alternately, how about individual hotkeys for each of the 'seek by' options?

Thanks for your consideration.
Go to: