Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PLEASE - give us an option to get rid of the new "feature" in V22 which shrinks the thumbnails & audio track on the timeline in favor of a color-coded blanks space and title. 50% of the timeline height is now "wasted" on this "enhancement".
Quote Is it possible to ensure shutterstock downloaded files (on my laptop) are stored 'Not' in the cloud (such as onedrive), because I frequently work at a location with only a mobile link, and not with a wifi connection via cable. PD and Shutterstock seem to choose onedrive, but I don't want my 'stuff' there, unless I choose it so. I really need all files in my projects to be accessed from within my laptop or at least from an external harddrive that I always carry with the laptop. Onedrive has got it's place in the pc world, but ....... in my case despite connecting via a 'mobile' data link (hotspot .. whatever the name is) down load is s_l_o_w .... and often not possible as the mobile link is 'e' or 'h+'(only rarely 4g, and sort of pricey). I'm nervous about transfering old project file locations to the external hard drive, but for new projects can I specify the external hard drive as the place to put shutterstock stuff. I use onedrive as a backup, but not when actually working on a project. Hoping makes sense.

At least for images & videos, these are stored under wherever your Documents directory points
You can Google "How to Change the My Documents Folder Storage Location" to change if you really want to...
Al

Hello,

There is a new hotfix available for PowerDirector 20. Please try and let us know if it solves the issue.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/85919.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

-----
This resolved the problem with both Reverb and Echo for me in PD20 (365).

Thanks,
Al
Quote I just updated to powerdirector 20 from 14, and right when I entered one of my projects, i noticed that the audio was so loud It was going to make my ears bleed. I started a new project and the audio was fine. After a bit of messing around to find out the issue, i noticed that whenever I added Reverb (Not in audiodirector, just in the default audio editor) it would increase the gain very high, to where it sounded like a jet engine taking off, yet you could still know that i was saying words.

After trying to reinstall it, update drivers, and everything I could think of, It still has this issue. So a lot of my projects I've been working on that have reverb are broken for now until this issue can be resolved.

Same problem with Echo in both PD20 & AD
Recently, Application Manager from PD 365 18.6.3019.0 has been giving me a popup when I try to run saying "There is no internet connection available. Check your connection and then try again." No other application is giving trouble and the system tray icon say "Network Internet access".

Windows 10 Home V1909 build 18363.959

Any ideas??
Thanks,
Al
Quote Hi!
I have access to a BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera and am unable to import the files into PD14. I took a bunch of test shots over the holiday but now cannot edit them. Help?!
Bex

This doesn't pertain directly to the BM cameras, but it might be helpful as it applies to ProRes (at least 422Lite)...

A little story... I had PD15.0.3929.0 installed on my system prior to a catastrophic system disc crash. This was on a Win 10x64 system which had been upgraded from Win 7. For various reasons, I needed to do a clean install. Prior to the install, I had PD15 happily importing ProRes 422LT (apcs Codec ID). Afterward, it would only see these files as audio files.

Figuring that my problem was that I was missing something installed earlier, I figured I should try QuickTime.
I just installed the QT_Lite_410 "lite" version of QuickTime from Filehippo. Once again, PD15 is happily importing,viewing and editing my file!

WARNING - several versions of QT_Lite_410.exe that I found via Google had virus infections. The one from FileHippo was clean. I always run questionable files through VirusTotal (https://virustotal.com).

Hopefully this helps!

Al

--- Mediainfo from sample file ---
MPEG-4 (QuickTime): 88.4 GiB, 1h 49 min
Complete name : xxxxx
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 2005.03 (qt )
File size : 88.4 GiB
Duration : 1 h 49 min
Overall bit rate : 116 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2018-06-24 21:29:24
Tagged date : UTC 2018-06-24 23:18:53
Writing library : Apple QuickTime
com.apple.proapps.logNote : xxxxx
com.apple.proapps.reel : 001
com.apple.proapps.scene : Scene 01
com.apple.proapps.shot : 01
com.apple.proapps.angle : 01

English, 114 Mb/s, 1270*720 (16:9), at 60.000 FPS, ProRes (Version 0) (422 LT)
ID : 1
Format : ProRes
Format version : Version 0
Format profile : 422 LT
Codec ID : apcs
Duration_FirstFrame : 17 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 114 Mb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Clean aperture width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Clean aperture height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Clean aperture display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.062
Stream size : 87.2 GiB (99%)
Writing library : Apple
Language : English
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Quote Hopefully they'll expand .MOV compatibility in a future update. In the mean time, I'll use DaVinci Resolve (Free) for basic editing of ProRes files.

Thanks again for the input.

A little story... I had PD15.0.3929.0 installed on my system prior to a catastrophic system disc crash. This was on a Win 10x64 system which had been upgraded from Win 7. For various reasons, I needed to do a clean install. Prior to the install, I had PD15 happily importing ProRes 422LT (apcs Codec ID). Afterward, it would only see these files as audio files.

Figuring that my problem was that I was missing something installed earlier, I figured I should try QuickTime. I just installed the QT_Lite_410 "lite" version of QuickTime from Filehippo. Once again, PD15 is happily importing,viewing and editing my file!

WARNING - several versions of QT_Lite_410.exe that I found via Google had virus infections. The one from FileHippo was clean. I always run questionable files through VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com).

Hopefully this helps!

Al

--- Mediainfo from sample file ---
MPEG-4 (QuickTime): 88.4 GiB, 1h 49 min
Complete name : xxxxx
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 2005.03 (qt )
File size : 88.4 GiB
Overall bit rate : 116 Mb/s
Writing library : Apple QuickTime
com.apple.proapps.logNote : xxxxx
com.apple.proapps.reel : 001
com.apple.proapps.scene : Scene 01
com.apple.proapps.shot : 01
com.apple.proapps.angle : 01

English, 114 Mb/s, 1270*720 (16:9), at 60.000 FPS, ProRes (Version 0) (422 LT)
ID : 1
Format : ProRes
Format version : Version 0
Format profile : 422 LT
Codec ID : apcs
Duration_FirstFrame : 17 ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 114 Mb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Clean aperture width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Clean aperture height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Clean aperture display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 2.062
Stream size : 87.2 GiB (99%)
Writing library : Apple
Language : English
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Webroot AV reports detection of W32.Adware.Gen on the patch file. This is apparently a heuristic detection. I'm wondering if it's because of the popup ads which CL likes to include...
Go to: