Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello.

I had already followed the steps in the fixya link. Drivers and windows update are already the latest. The is no exclamation mark next to CD ROM in device manager.

I would like to try again to burn with a lower speed. I use the same CD ROM drive to copy and burn. I can only see "Maximum" speed, unable to choose lower speed. Are there steps to do this?

I tried with "write simulation" chosen. The simulation completed successfully but when I continue to burn on disc, I get the same error code.

I am not sure if computer optical drives are similar to audio appliance optical drives. Is there a way to "clean" the optics?

Thanks!

Quote Hello,

Based on your description and the below related links, it sounds like a problem with the burning device. Try to see if a firmware or driver update is available for it, or try again burning at the lowest burning speed:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14959

https://www.fixya.com/support/t11599287-burning_fail_errcode_0xeb020be2

I know the error messages are not exactly the same, but should definitely be in the ballpark of what is happening there.

If it doesn't work, don't forget to try CyberLink Customer Service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
Power2Go Moderator
Hello.

I use my internal DVD disk drive/writer very often, either to COPY CD/DVD or make audio disc from MP3 files. Yesterday I encountered a burning error code 0xeb020be3. I tried a) COPY DVD 2 times b) make audio CD 1 time. It fails everytime.

I connect a portable USB disk writer to my laptop. I did the COPY DVD from my internal disk drive to the external disk drive. The Power2Go completed the burning without error.

I would like to know if this can be resolved, or my hardware (the disk drive) is spoilt.

Below are my system details.

CyberLink Power2Go DE: 8.0.0.5521
SR Number: P2G140828-01

I attach the Power2Go error log and DxDiag files. For ease of reference, I extract the last few lines from the Power2Go error log. Seems to say "hardware error".

Appreciate any advice and help. Thank you!

"
16:15:8, File(cl_Cdwrite.cpp), Line(2502)
-> Start track
Trk: 1, Track start addr(LBA): 0, Trk size(sectors): 119214, Sector size(bytes): 2352
!! Write Error !! - Hardware Error
Sense Key : 04h(HARDWARE ERROR)
Sense Code : 3Eh 02h
Current Address : -150
16:16:13, File(cl_Cdwrite.cpp), Line(2949)
-> Write end/Close disc
16:16:13, File(cl_CDDABurning.cpp), Line(415)
-> Burning Fail, ErrCode: 0xeb020be3
==================================================================
Error Code : 0xeb020be3
"
Quote No errors ! surprised Look at the end of the report - I see 9 issues (fault buckets). They include klmplayer (Windows internal), an issue with your video driver and other Windows isasues. . Where sdid you get your version of Windows? How long have you had it? You may want to try to get your Windows 10 working properly again as the first step.

Hi, Stevek.

Oh dear …

1. I saw the beginning of the report, it says:

------------DxDiag Notes------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Display Tab 2: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

That was why I was under the impression that the report is clean.

2. I purchased my computer from Lenovo directly and Windows 10 came pre-installed.

3. I saw some faults pointing to "KMPlayer.exe". Maybe I uninstall that first.

4. I have Norton Internet Security installed. In addition to antivirus, there are also firewall protection etc. Besides disabling antivirus, so I also have to disable firewall?

5. After I try some fixes, do you recommend I uninstall/re-install Power2Go, or just try to launch it?

Thank you so much for your patience and time!
I have also sent the crash report. Thank you.

Hi Yun Cheng,

do you have more info about this crash report, it migh give some clue.

It crashed when I started my computer.

It says the item is click-able, how about double click the "CrashRpt.xml". what's the content in it?

You are right! I copied the text into the attached file. Seems to contain system and program details.

It looks like sumerj is tied up. You have a "ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/" error. There are many causes for this. I googled for it and found several options. For example (link) This is a very old article but it will probably give you wnough information to go on to find a fix. You can also searech for that error code on this forum to see if there is anyhting you can make use of.

Also, please attachh the text file from a dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer Go here to look for instructions.

Hi. Stevek.

I noticed that my replies are nested, not sure if this is causing it hard to read. If I am replying in the wrong way, please let me know.

The first thread has a lot of details. I will take some time to browse and see which fix is within my technical means to try.

I have run the disgnostic tool and here upload the generated file. I glanced thru it. It reported "no errors". Thanks!

Hi Yun Cheng,

It says the item is click-able, how about double click the "CrashRpt.xml". what's the content in it?

You are right! I copied the text into the attached file. Seems to contain system and program details.
Quote Here is the uninstall/clean up for Power2Go. (link)

Yes, Install the program before the contents.

I followed the instructions and steps in the uninstall link. Disabled antivirus and re-installed. It failed again at the Video Disc window.

Hi Yun Cheng,

The image says you have the Essentials which is the basic program. You do not have the full version installed for some reason. Use the Power2Go unstall in the top of this section of the forum. Remember to turn off your antivirus and install to an Adminstrator's account.

Sorry, I do not understand a couple of things in your reply.

1. "Use the Power2Go unstall in the top of this section of the forum."
    How to do this? Do you mean there is an "uninstall" program provided in this forum? How do I get it?
    I have used the Remove Programs under Control Panel to uninstall it.

2. "do not have the full version installed for some reason"
    When I re-install (with anti-virus turned off and using Administrator), do I use the same EXE file I downloaded? Do I execute file #1 before file #2?

Thanks so much!
Quote Since this crash happens on opening video disc, how about try to update your VGA driver?

For ex. update intel VGA driver from [url=https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?v=t
]https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?v=t
[/url]

I went to your link and downloaded the exe. When I ran to update, I got an error. See attached.

The below is my graphics info. It is up to date.

Radeon Software Version - 16.12.1Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLiveWindows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)System Memory - 8 GBCPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

Any other suggestions?

Hi Yun Cheng,

Hi Yun Cheng,

Woo> it says some dump file. I don't have any option to save it. It is sent directly to CyberLink.
Quote Welcome to the forum !

By the way, this is a USERS forum so we don;t have access to anything you send to Cyberlink Tech Support.

Do you really want to make a VCD (Video CD)? Those are almost obsolete in many parts of the world. Did you try selecting Video DVD?

Standard questions:

1) Did you install it to an Administrator's Account? That should be done.

Woo> yes, I did.

2) Did you have your antivirus active during the install? That is always a bad idea.
Woo> yes, I have Norton. But the installation did not present any error messages and completed successfully. Do you suggest I re-install with anti-virus turned off?

3) Did you make sure you had the latest patches for the program. Actually, I do not see one.
Woo> I just purchased it. I did the download via link sent to my email. There were no installation instructions.

The product is Power2Go 11 Platinum. Even if there is a later patch, the program should not crash.

4) Am I reading it wrong - did you try to read from a VCD? Where did you get the VCD? What are you trying to burnand what is the source? Most programs will not copy a copyprotected Source.
Woo> I have a video clip in MP4 format. I wish to burn it onto a VCD that is playable on home VCD/DVD players.

After I launched th Power2Go program, I click on Video Disc, then choose one of the options below, which is VCD. A separate window comes up and show progress as "Opening video disc". After a number of seconds, the entire program crashed.

I am on windows 10.

Please clarify what you are trying to accomplish. Assume we know nothing about what you are doing.
I have Power2Go 8 on Windows 10.

I just purchased and downloaded the 3 files:-

1_CyberLink_Power2Go11_Platinum_P2G160412-01

2_Power2Go11_ContentPack_PGM160628-02

CyberLink_PhotoDirector7_Ultra_PTD160122-01

Ran all the installations successfully. Clicked on Power2Go 11 and activated it with provided keys. In the main menu, chose Video Disc, then VCD disc. A smaller window pops-up, "Opening video disc". The application then crashed.

I uninstalled all and re-installed again. It crashed every time I chose Video Disc. The other menu items appear ok but I have not used the functions.

I want to make a video disc playable on normal player machine. It is disappointing that I cannot use the function the bought the product for. Please help fix it.

Go to: