CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote SE4Geezer, the formatting features are rather rigid for subtitles, that spacing option is not available. If you don't really need subtitles in the classic sense that you want to turn them on and off during playback, a normal title may work for you and provides much more formatting control.

Jeff

Thanks for the speedy response, Jeff. I've been rummaging around everywhere trying to find an answer.
Hi,

Does anyone know,please, if it's possible to reduce the line spacing on subtitles created in the subtitle room of PowerDirector 16 Ultimate? At the moment my subtitles look like they're double spaced and there doesn't seem like there is an option in the formatting area to reduce it.

Thanks in advance.
Quote I did try importing directly into the media library, but only as a last resort because I had already double clciked the download file and got a message saying it had been installed successfully, but it isn't in the title room, or anywhere on my PC (according to an advanced search) apart from where it was downloaded to (in "Downloads").

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

SE4Geezer

Since you beleived that you downloaded a 16:9 aspect ratio title try this: Change the project aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 on the top left of the screen. Open the title room/Downloaded and you should see it.

If the aspect ratio is already set at 16:9 then change it to 4:3 and repeat the above step. The title may be cinema 5 count instead of what you think.

Hi Tomasc,

Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for your help. I found the title once I did as you suggested - changing the aspect ratio to 16:9.

Regards,

SE4Geezer
Quote Hello,

The error message suggests you tried importing directly into the media library. Is that correct? Title templates aren't imported the same way as media files.

You need to just double click on the downloaded DirectorZone file and then it will be "installed" and availble in the Title Room.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I did try importing directly into the media library, but only as a last resort because I had already double clciked the download file and got a message saying it had been installed successfully, but it isn't in the title room, or anywhere on my PC (according to an advanced search) apart from where it was downloaded to (in "Downloads").

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

SE4Geezer
Hi there,

I downloaded a title template (Cinema 5 countdown 16-9) from(in POwerDirector 15) I can't see it in the title room. When I try and import it from my downloads I get an error message saying "An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, proected video content, or for another reason..."

I tried downloading the file again, in case it had got corrupted during download the first time, but the same thing happened. Any suggestions, please?
Hi there,

I'm having trouble using PowerDirector 15 to record Skype video calls and I'd appreciate some advice, please.

The Skype calls themselves have good quality sound and vision, by when I play back the PowerDirector 15 recoding it's like watching a series of stills refreshing every 5 seconds or so, and there's no sound.

The settings I'm using on PowerDirector 15 are:

Format: MP4

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Frame rate: 30 FPS

Voiceover: on

System audio: on

The mic setting is also turned up to maximum and I've selected the right mic setup for the one I'm using (USB).

Any suggestions gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

SE4Geezer
Quote Hi SE4Geezer -

I've been faced the the same problem myself at times. First up, I'm rarely able to scroll through a web page smoothly - either using the scroll wheel or the scroll bar at the side. That might be an age thing.

Secondly, the screen capture only captures my unsmooth scrolling frown

What I've done, as a workaround, is to take screenshots of all parts of the page from top to bottom - then combine them in graphics software...

THEN apply scrolling motion to the combined screenshot... which, in the case of this example, is 3818x10806. To make it look like I was actually scrolling I overlaid a "browser" graphic.

The motion can be paused at any point.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

That's really useful, thanks! Your example video is so mooth running you'd never know it's a series of stills. I'll give it a try.

Have a nice day.

SE4Geezer
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing some screen captures of a scrolling web page, but they're quite jerky when rendered and I wondered if anyone out there had some top tips of smoothing them out.

The web page itself scolls smoothly, so that's not the issue. I've used the highest resolution and FPS on the capture app, and tried using the video enhancement, video stabilizer tool in PowerDirector 15, but it's still not good enough for a demanding client!

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Go to: