Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

Can you please chare your customer support ticket number here and we will pass it on to the CS manager for investigation.

Cheers,
Power2Go Moderator

CS001916299
I purchased Power2Go 12. When I try to burn a DVD video I get a "Runtime Error R6025 Pure Vitual Function Call". I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it several times. I tried redownloading the install file and reinstalling the program. I contacted Customer Support. They suggested uninstalling the program and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86), restarting the computer and reinstalling the program. I still get the error. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I used Power2Go 10 previously without any issues.

Screenshot
Quote A lot of us use REVO Uninstaller (free) to uninstall programs and do a partial clean up of the registry. There is a free trial of REVO PRO uninstaller that will find partially installed/uninstalled programs. Usae the MODERATE Mode only.

Why do you want to remove the progrqam?

Power2Go would stop when trying to burn a DVD. I was following the steps in Cyberlink's FAQ. One of the steps is to uninstall the program and run the cleaner then reboot and reinstall the program. The lates cleaner I could find on the Cyberlink website was for 8 and 9. I'm using 10. I found out that the problem was the latest Windows 10 update, though. After installing the Microsoft fix, the program has gone back to working. Thank you for your information. I may need to use this program in the future.
Quote I've been using Power2Go 10 for several months. It's been working great until this past Sunday. I opened the program and clicked on Video Disc. I selected the DVD-Video Disc option as usual. It started to go to the usual screen but then the program closed and a window popped up saying that it had stopped working and gave me the option to send a crash report to Cyberlink. I went to their website and found a list of things to try if this happens. I've done all of them, and it doesn't help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've updated the video card drivers. I've made sure there was plenty of room on the hard drive. I've run the program with no other programs running. Nothing helps. The only thing that has changed is a Windows 10 update recently. Could that be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure you encountered the same issue as below or not, you may have a try.

[url=http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19841&isDraft=1
]http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19841&isDraft=1
[/url]

Thanks, I'll try it.

Thank you so much. That fixed the problem.
Quote I've been using Power2Go 10 for several months. It's been working great until this past Sunday. I opened the program and clicked on Video Disc. I selected the DVD-Video Disc option as usual. It started to go to the usual screen but then the program closed and a window popped up saying that it had stopped working and gave me the option to send a crash report to Cyberlink. I went to their website and found a list of things to try if this happens. I've done all of them, and it doesn't help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've updated the video card drivers. I've made sure there was plenty of room on the hard drive. I've run the program with no other programs running. Nothing helps. The only thing that has changed is a Windows 10 update recently. Could that be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure you encountered the same issue as below or not, you may have a try.

[url=http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19841&isDraft=1
]http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19841&isDraft=1
[/url]

Thanks, I'll try it.
Quote Is there a Power2Go cleaner for Power2Go 10?

what's the cleaner you mean? clean uninstall?

Yes
I've been using Power2Go 10 for several months. It's been working great until this past Sunday. I opened the program and clicked on Video Disc. I selected the DVD-Video Disc option as usual. It started to go to the usual screen but then the program closed and a window popped up saying that it had stopped working and gave me the option to send a crash report to Cyberlink. I went to their website and found a list of things to try if this happens. I've done all of them, and it doesn't help. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I've updated the video card drivers. I've made sure there was plenty of room on the hard drive. I've run the program with no other programs running. Nothing helps. The only thing that has changed is a Windows 10 update recently. Could that be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is there a Power2Go cleaner for Power2Go 10?
Quote Hello,

I tried downloading the trial and I saw the same "Update" message. After clicking, it downloaded and proceeded with the download of the trial without issue. Can you try again and take screen shots if the process still does not work for you?

Also, can you provide your support ticket number you got from technical support?

Thanks

David

Apparently Cyberlink got the message. I am able to download the trial version of PowerDirector without the "update" message even coming up. Thank you guys.
Quote I am trying to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I download the Cyberlink downloader. When I run it, I get a message that there is a newer version of the downloader. There is an update button in the message. I click on the update button and the exact same downloader is downloaded. I keep going through this same circle and never get to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I have contacted technical support twice, and they seem to think that I am trying to update the software. I can't make them understand that I am trying to download the trial version. Has anyone else had this problem with downloading the trial version of PowerDirector 15?
You are correct it just goes in a circle, you click the update button, it seems to be the same downloader.

It's very frustrating that I can't get the Cyberlink technical support to see that.
I am trying to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I download the Cyberlink downloader. When I run it, I get a message that there is a newer version of the downloader. There is an update button in the message. I click on the update button and the exact same downloader is downloaded. I keep going through this same circle and never get to download the trial version of PowerDirector 15. I have contacted technical support twice, and they seem to think that I am trying to update the software. I can't make them understand that I am trying to download the trial version. Has anyone else had this problem with downloading the trial version of PowerDirector 15?
Go to: