Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I agree with Ancona. I got the same package of homework from their customer service. I can see why they would take this approach if this were a new problem. But this has been going on for several years. How much information do they need?

Their ads proclaim that PD is the choice of video editors. Well, I wonder how long that claim would last if a potential buyer knew of this problem and the company's lack of attention to fixing it.
I am another sufferer of this strange missing-audio waveform bug in the Cyberlink Power Director (ver. 16 in my case). I tried some of the suggestions to no avail, but did stumble on a simple workaround.

I remembered that when I first started using the program for editing, the audio waveforms were present, but then after a few file edits, they no longer appeared. The resulting files had sound, but no waveform which, as others have pointed out, makes precise editing really tough.

So I tried my usual trick when a program isn't working right and just canceling and then re-loading it. Something about that step reset something, and the waveforms re-appeared. They didn't last forever though. After editing a few more files, the waveforms would disappear again. So I just reloaded the program again. And again.

Naturally, for a power user, this would be a real hassle, but my needs are modest. Usually, I don't need to edit more than a dozen files every few months. So I can put up with the inconvenience. If I were a power user howerver, I would be really upset.
Go to: