Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Done! Thanks

A little more info on this problem, What happens exactly :

The disc loads and the video starts to play for less that one second.
Then the video pauses and this dialog "resume playback" appears over the video.
Then the screen turns black, because PowerDVD is adjusting the framerate of the TV
Then the dialog re-appears but the screen around the dialog is ALL black, no video is visible.
Then I press "enter" to accept the resuming of the video.
Then the video reappears, starts to play, but is dimmed. At the same time, the "resume playback" dialog stays on screen above the video.
Quote Does this happen in PC mode too? How are you resuming playback, using the mouse to click yes or a remote? Maybe try one of the hotkeys, like Enter or Esc:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/21/pc-mode/enu/13_00_00_hotkeys.html

Dave

PC mode, theatre mode, PC keyboard, Harmony remote, all the same result. I don't use a mouse in PowerDVD.

But I found what's going wrong!!! It's the auto frame rate adjustment !
Sadly, in PowerDVD, there is no setting to turn the auto frame rate adjustment off. The only way is to go to Settings > General, and click the 'Reset "Never ask again" dialogs'.
Next time I inserted the blu-ray disc, the software asked me if I want to change the refresh rate to fit the played back media, I answered "no" and the problem was GONE!!! ""smile""

So I'll keep it that way BUT I think I found a bug here. People should be able to use the auto frame rate adjustment AND the resume playback function of a blu-ray disc...

Should I log a bug report? How can I do this?

Thanks
David
hello,
I havePowerDVD 365 with the latest version 21.
Sometimes the blu-rays I play have a "resume playback" function. This is very nice because PowerDVD's resume function does not work on all blu-rays.
So to make things clear: the "resume playback" I am telling about is not from PowerDVD, it's from the blu-ray itself.

The problem is: this function does not work very well. Usually I start a disc, the disc loads and after a while, this dialog pops up, asking if I want to resume the playback ? with yes and no buttons. If I press "yes", the playback resumes properly, BUT the dialog does not disapear! It stays stuck on the screen. This is VERY annoying.

This happens on Avatar Blu Ray and Rocky Blu Ray.

Could someone help me solve this problem?
Check the attached pics for more info.

Thanks
DS
Quote Hi David,

The folder C:\users\%username%\Documents\CyberLink is where the video's bookmarks are saved.
It's per default stored under Documents and it is not adjustable.

Greetings
Hicham

shame
Hello

I think you completely misunderstood my question. OneDrive is not an issue.

I don't want the Cyberlink foldert to be in C:\users\%username%\Documents\CyberLink

I don't want the Cyberlink foldert to be in C:\users\%username%\Onedrive\Documents\CyberLink

Application options should not pollute the personal documents folder. They should remain in folders such as C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roamning or another folder of my choice.

This is what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

David
Hello all,

Thanks for your answers.

I checked what a user said in this thread (but strangely I can't find his post now) said and I went in powerDVD 17 > pc mode > settings > cyberlink cloud > and here I have no path in c:\users\%username%\onedrive\documents.

Stevek, I don't think just moving the folder will help, as PowerDVD will re-create the same folder on the next startup.

Keep in mind this Cyberlink folder is not my installation folder, it is a preferences folder. Its content is a folder named "PowerDVD17" and this ones contains: Movie, VideoBookmarks and Default.PLS

I don't want to move the Onedrive\Document folder and I want to keep using this folder as my default documents folder.

Cyberlink-Hicham and rolldog, are you saying I can choose the location of this preference folder ONLY at the time I install PowerDVD??

Thanks

David
Hi I have PowerDVD Live / 17 and it created a subfolder in My Documents folder:

C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDVD16

How can I move this folder to another location?

Thanks and see you soon,

David
I also watch my movies in section (I lack of time) so I am loosing A LOT of time loading the Bluray, going through the menus and finding the moment I was watching previously.
Jean-Olivier said BDJ are not a problem, so why not enabling this function? With a warning "checking this will cause Powerdvd to start slowly" it should be fine, not?
I'm currently testing the trial of PowerDVD 16. It's very unstable and it lacks the "resume Blu Ray playback" function, so I'm not sure I'll buy it after the 30 days of trial.
Go to: