Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote It's only visible if a pic or video in the timeline is selected, might that be the issue? If not, post a pic of your entire screen to look for other potential reasons.

Jeff

OF COURSE kiss

WHAT A PLONKER FOR FORGETTING THAT

BUT THANKS FOR THE QUICK CORRECT ANSWER
After uninstalling a repeating malfuntioning PD 16 Ultra with little genuine support, i so wanted to continue with Cyberlink and so bought a replacement PD 16 Ulimate from a local trusted retailer.
Happy with all installation processes and was just happy to have a functioning software again.

( one previous problem was clicking on cog wheel to activate preferences auto shut down the programme every time )

new - Ultimate - works perfect so happy

But then i discovered i had no Power Tools which sits above the timeline - - -usually ?

( this was a second previous problem )

so my plea is - - where is it ??

regards
I have PD 16 Ultra and have enjoiyed great use of this product these last 6 years or so.

Previously i have always been able to click the cog wheel to change user preferences.

However just now, when i do that PD shows drop down menu saying " Ooops PD has stopped working " and offers a trouble shoot report to be sent. - which i have but no reply forthcoming - and promptly shuts down .

I need to change things in prefernces and wonder how this can be resolved by me, or must i wait forever to get a reply.

help and guidance appreciated if anyone else haas incurred this.

It looks like that you are claiming that the video is on a USB flash drive and not a DVD. Let us know how or what you are using to view this USB video. Is it your PC or your television that won’t play it.

You should be able to view the video on your pc using any media player such as VLC. If it is your television then it is probably more than 10 years old and may support only a few video formats. A new tv is the best idea.

You should be able to import that ntsc video file to PD16 and produce it to a pal format that you know is compatible with your pc or television. In the produce section, Country> select pal and produce to the video format, resolution, and bitrate that you know worked before. Hope this help.

ThanksTomasc for your speed !!!
Firstly the USB i produced here in UK on PD16 in NTSC format is winging its way back to me as i write all this and i just wanted to be in a happy place when it gets here for me to handle,

1. I have VLC player and my TV is just under 10yrs

2. So yes my VLC player should / will play the USB mayybe even Samsung TV, simply to view my video again.

3. ( because i have never done this before ) are you saying all i have to do is put said USB into PC port (to play it ), how then do i import it to Power Director 16,

4. Yes i get it ,when seeking import media to play in the PD library ,then add to timeline,then produce (in PAL format yes ) but where is the media i want to import ?

5. Am i going about this the right way - just talking it through with you suggests i am - the finding media file is making me apprehensive

I successfully produced a video with PD 16 Ultra and sent the USB off to family in the USA

all good there then

it has now been returned to me and due to no other copy remaining on my PC i cannot play this video due to its format. i.e NTSC

i do realise the format options when producing a home made video - but how now to i ' undo ' it and revert it to PAL status ??

i hope help is forthcoming aand would be greatly appreciated
Quote Question 1. There is no Capture option from PD16 for camcorder avchd or mp4 videos. You have to either copy the contents of the SD card to your pc hard drive manually with a card reader or use the Panasonic HD Writer LE3.0 to do the job automatically(preferred).

Question 2. There is no such options. That was answered above.

Question 3. Yes, you can. Copy the video files to your hard drive. They could be either the mp4 or the mts extension.

After you put the video files say in a folder on your hard drive then you can import individual video files or the whole folder as an option. For simple needs it doesn’t matter how you put the video on your hard drive. If you record on different SD cards at different times and/or on different cameras with different SD cards say for music performances, then it is to your advantage to use the Panasonic software. The videos will have the start date and time stamp in the title of each individual video. It is easy to sort in PD16.

For the same scenario above if you use a card reader to do it manually then each video starts with 00000.mts, 00001.mts, and so on from each and every SD card used. The same modified date is used on all the different videos on the hard drive. You have to pay attention to which camera had which SD card at what time. Don’t get them mixed up as each SD card have the same file names and each set will have the same modified dates. PD16 can’t sort them for you. You have to know.

Hope this answers a few question about importing camera videos with PD16.

Such great help Tomasc - Yes you helped me Thank you
sorry if its wrong room - - but - -
i currently connect camcorder to PC with USB cable and it downloads all to Panasonic HC writer LE 3.0

Question 1. how do i download to power director 16 instead as camcorder options for download always go to that ( LE3.0 )

Question 2.
how do i simply transfer it all from LE3.0 to power director 16 as import does not give the option

Question 3.
should i simply put SD card into a card reader - but what then ??
i am simply unsure and want/need guidance before possibly losing my valued video

HOPING FOR SOME RELIEF FROM SOME KIND SOUL frown
Thanks Pix

Easy when you know how !!
You sure know how - - AND NOW SO DO I

appreciate.
Pretty sure i have set this opening action at some point - but it is not what i want to happen.
No qualms over Photo Director - it is a good programme.

However i do not want it to open as default every time i slot a usb of pictures or video into my PC
I want the Widows Photo prog do do that

What do i do to get this please
Well then, here am i with a little ' egg on my face '

PIX was instant in replying to clearly take the baby steps to solve my problem

Once shown of course it looks easy - - but i did not find it so without you.

Huge thanks for allowing me the chance to fully enjoy the wonderful product that Power Director is.
Quote Hello bigdog27,

You've conquered the "New Topic" challenge!

There are many ways you can fade out your audio in PDR & ARDR. When I made the screen capture below, I neglected to include the most simple option embarassed ...

After you split your audio at 1:11 (the end of the video), you can just insert an audio only transition at the end and adjust the duration to give a smaooth fade out. There's a screen shot attached.

PIX
i have PD 16 Ultra ans AD 7 built in

I have video on track 1 and audio on track 2 - so thats right

To experiment with recent AD 7 i selected on purpose an audio track 50 + seconds longer than the video track and cant see how i get Audio to simply fade out at the end of video smoothly.

Some success yes, but to fit audio it played it - guitar music so no issues - rather more quickly to sound not as the original music

goodness me, much playing with +and - equalizer could not more difficult or satisfying.

So, to repeat my problem - - all i want to know how to do is let the video clip play ( lasts 1min 11 scs ) and the audio clip ( 2 mins 12 secs ) natuarally fade out to the 1 min 11 sec time.

hopefully get a good reply or two !!
This note is for PIX and SEAN F

PIX,yes i should use new topic to ask for help, but was in a blunder state at that time AND MERELY PICKED UP ON A THREAD THAT SEEMED MY PROBLEM.

i will be more room concious in the future.

Now to you both, my best,deepest,smiling thanks for the spot on solving of my difficulty.

SEAN F was detailed in helping me, i followed every word he thoughtfully entered and all resulted in me now being able to use this Cyberlink software with a measure of expertise !!!

Instead of diving in again, i will heed both advises to look for Utube tutorials as getting things to work as one would want is to a very very unknown dark world to the amatuer editor !!

Anyone else perusing this forum should note though, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT.
new to using photo director 5

wanting at oince to see how this cyberlink product would work for me and set about simply using smart patch to remove a person from the photo i was working on.

saw the pen tool icon

clicked on it but it did not move onto the photo for me to draw around the subject of removal ?

held the mouse left click down

cannot get anything to work BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HOW ??

is this just a glitch - or - how do i do that ?

adding - my photo only needs this subject removal, nothing more

hope this is not too basic and stupid a question . . . .
hi all

so maybe not the right place - so tell me which is - I have PD 15 on my Windows 10 pro 64bit computer

and after using and enjoying this software - an upgrade some months ago from PD 14 Ultra - my usage

gained momentum onto adding audio to my video. But quickly found NO Audio Director with my bundle just the WAv editor.

Having read what this tool does it may seem to be a must have.

But the price !! WOW - - £69 at least it seems.

I chose to use this forum as i ' use ' h.264 to produce my files so it semed likely to be the right place.

Will i gain satisfaction with Audio Director with just what it can do for me to appease the asking price ?

Black Friday looms - 26/11/2017 but there are not any special deals for this software it seems ?

I did notice an upgrade ( again ) from 15 to 16 WHICH HAS AUDIO DIRECTOR 7 INCLUDED

My query is i suppose - as everything is beautiful in PD 15 ( which makes 2 puchases 14 and 15 ) i seem to be on

a never ending spending road and wonder if it is all worthwhile ?

Yes - impossible question - but PD is an awesome tool right !!
Go to: