Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

Not sure if this will suit your needs?

As far as I can see, the only slideshow template that offers the sort of customization you require is the Motion template.
Within that you can customise the motion and duration of each slide.
If you note your audio file timings applicable to each slide, you can use the audio as the background track, then adjust the duration and positioning of each slide as required, and you might be able to get pretty close to slide changes at the correct timings?

Alternatively, it is always possible to do everything manually using duration, position keyframing, effects and borders etc.

Worth a look?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you very much for this, I will try that slide show
Bob
HI Everyone. Im a bit stuck here. I need to make a slide show from a presentation that includes the audio track and a bunch of still photos. (no video). If I use the slide maker, I cant seem to sycnh certain slides at certain times. If I use the full editor I can certainly put slides on at the right time and just change my transitions, but then I lose some of the cool background effects, the 'pan and zoom' of the photos etc.

Any tips on how to do what Im looking to do? Or is it even possible?
Thanks!
Bob
Quote I wanted to make a live wallpaper for my iphone (iphone pro 12 max) but I cant seem to make a custom resolution for portrait mode (1284 x 277. I can select device/iphone but its not there. Also I can create a new profile but the resolution I need isnt there. Any other way to do it? If I use landscape then the live wall paper is cut off.
Thank you
bob

That resolution should read 1284 x 2778 hahaha
I wanted to make a live wallpaper for my iphone (iphone pro 12 max) but I cant seem to make a custom resolution for portrait mode (1284 x 277. I can select device/iphone but its not there. Also I can create a new profile but the resolution I need isnt there. Any other way to do it? If I use landscape then the live wall paper is cut off.
Thank you
bob

That's because for some reason the actual preview window is offscreen as Jeff mentioned above. PLease follow his suggestion to reset all undocked windows.

If that doesn't work, try the registry edit described in this post. Please follow the steps exactly as described.

Ahhhh I dont know how I missed Jeffs post but that exactly did it, thank you all so much! I clicked on "this helped me" as well. I really appreciate all your help!
Bob
Quote A couple tips that might help. To prevent the sample clips from loading when you create a new project, simply uncheck the Automatically load sample clips... option from Preferences | Project.

It may be that you've got your timeline preview settings set too high and you're not waiting long enough for PD to catch up to where you're placing the timeline scrubber. Try setting the Preview Quality to Full HD or HD, like this:

You can also click on the Play button or hit the spacebar to start previewing the timeline once you've placed the scrubber.

I'm not clear on what "other window" you want to prevent from opening up. I don't even see the Import media window when you selected the clip, so you may want to try recording the full screen rather than locking screen recorder to just the PD app. That way we can see everything you're seeing.

THank you! I was able to make the default stuff from loading on startup.

-when I click the x out of that preview window, nothing appears there, its black space. When I add a video to my timeline, and select it, then hit space bar nothing appears. Its still black. Nada. I cant get that clip to play to save my life. No preview window appears. And likewise the menu option you show me above doesnt exist for me. Im guessing its somewhere on the play window that doesnt show up? The video Im using is very short and very low res, so It shouldnt take more than a couple of seconds for PD to render the frames on the timeline.

Bob
Quote mxquattro, that window in the upper right is not the timeline preview window. Click the "X" in the upper right of that window to close it and you should get back the normal timeline preview window.

Jeff

Jeff, if I do that nothing re-appears in that space. It just becomes blank. Even after I import a video file and drag it on to my time line and select it.
Bob
Quote Maybe you can show us, Bob, what you mean?
Which is the previous version you came from. What you describe sounds “normal” behavior to me. for PD 19 / 365.
The clips you select in the media-room will be shown in the preview screen. They will play (audio and video) when you press the space bar or the play button. Once you have moved/dragged the clip to the timeline, AND you select the clip then that clip will be shown in the previews screen, and will play with spacebar or play button.
But clicking on a spot in the timeline may be tricky: what is the spot you click on. If you click anywhere in the video or audio track of a clip, you select that clip and the “cursor” will be positioned at the start of the clip unless the cursor was already somewhere in that clip. If you click on a spot at the top of the timeline where the yellow time indicator is shown, the “cursor” will be positioned at that very place in the video clip or clips under that spot and the top clip will be selected automatically.
But you also write about not syncsing up with the preview screen; that is a bit confusing to me. So maybe you can explain, or show us what you do, with either a screen shot or a screen recording of the action?

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated. Thats exactly how I thought it should work but its not doing it for me. I think I came from ver 12 before this. Here is a youtube link of whats going on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMKzUiyOU88

to add to it:
-How do I prevent that other window from opening up?
-How do I prevent the media library from preloading with their crap?

You will see no matter where I click, I cant get my timeline to play in that preview window at all.
Bob
Im stumped on something, however Ill say Im new to 365.
In my previous version, if I add a media file (single file) to my library, nothing happens until I drag it to my timeline, when it would then show up in the preview window. Then when I clicked on a place on the timeline, the preview window would jump to that point.

Now, in 365, as soon as I add it to my library it shows up in the preview window before I even drag it to the timeline. And that means when I click on a spot on the timeline, it doesnt synch up with the preview window. Ive just spent 4 hours trying to figure it out so I thought Id check with the experts here.
Thanks for any tips.
bob
Quote Hi Bob -

First up, I'm not a 360 owner/user/editor - so I'm not pretending to actually know what I'm talking about here...

I downloaded some Insta360 OneR clips (straight off the camera) then downloaded & installed Insta360 STUDIO 2021, to process the .insv files.

In Studio2021, I did nothing but import the videos, use the default settings then export as MP4.

Here's what they looked like in PDR19:

Bob - in your screenshot, the 360 viewer button seems to be greyed out. It should be blue if enabled. (???)

Cheers - Tony

OK So thats what my PD should look like? Good, thank you! Do you know what your export settings were? 265? 264? I tried a few things.

And I see what you mean, its grayed out, I thought that might have meant it was 'already selected' so not an option since I started as a 360 project.
bob
Quote That might be better asked in the InstaOne forum as the issue is how to use their software.

I can give it a shot, thank you. Their support is miserable at best and their FAQ's isnt great either. Worth a shot though. I know they will point me back here though and say its not their issue. Sigh.

Bob

Yes but you have to use the proper settings when you export ths clip so that other apps can proiperly display the 360° video. That's what stitching does.

I guess thats the point of my post...what are those proper settings?
bob
Quote It looks like that the videos may need to be stitched first before they can be viewed or edited properly. Have you used the insta360 studio 2020 pc software first for the stitching...

When I use the 360 studio the look perfectly fine. The reason I was hopeing to use PD was to put 2 clips together, something studio cant do.

If I load this exact clip (from the screen shot) into 360 studio its in 360, and I can pan around etc.
Hi Tony, yes, I do have that enabled. Im attaching a screen shot, this is what I see.

Quote Hi mxquattro -

Do you have 360° viewer enabled under the Preview window?

Cheers - Tony
Hi All. Im not having much luck doing 360 videos in PD 365 with files from my Insta 360 one R. I tried reading a few tutorials, and youtube videos but no luck.

I start PD365 in 360 mode and import my media files. When I view them it looks like 2 circles, and not real 360. Im not sure how to export them properly from Insta360 studio it seems.

Any tips much appreciated!
Bob
Quote Without clipping you can also use Action Cam and put a freeze frame at that point and select duration there as well. I find this easier than clip/snapshot/insert/duration.

CacoGrande Thank you for this route as well. Ill have to experiment with this process, I have never used it before. Thanks!
Quote Im trying to stop a video in the timeline at a certain point, so I can continue the narration, add arrows and notes to the screen etc then continue the video when Im done with the narration. I cant seem to find how to do this, any tips?
Bob
On the preview, you use the Play/Pause button to stop the video where cursor is located. ( it is a toggle ). When you are playing the video, click with left mouse button the Play button. The Space Bar on the Keyboard is also a Pause/Play command.

The Stop button always takes the cursor to the beginning of the Clip or Movie depending on which is selected on the Preview.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I wasnt real clear on what I needed I dont think... I am familiar with the playback controls there, I needed to do exactly what Hatti posted.
Bob
Quote if you want to do a narrating voice over, seperate the video at the point where you want to stop. Do a snapshot of the last frame. It will be added to the media library as a still image. Add that image to the timeline where the clip is seperated and make it the length you want (untill your narration is over). After it, let the seperated clip go on.

Hatti

Hatti, this looks to be exactly what Im looking for, thank you!
Bob
Im trying to stop a video in the timeline at a certain point, so I can continue the narration, add arrows and notes to the screen etc then continue the video when Im done with the narration. I cant seem to find how to do this, any tips?
Bob
Just bumping this to see if anyone has any ideas..

Quote Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response. I had exactly the same results, I edited the ini file and every time I ran it, it would bomb out. I opened a ticket with them but it really didnt help much. (OK at all). Not sure what the next step is...

Bob

Quote Hi Bob -

I've tried repeatedly to customise the Profile.ini to generate a profile to match the requirements listed in that link. Failed each time. PDR stops working just after I hit Start. undecided

I was easily able to produce Apple's Orange Fish (attached) using a standard 720x1280 profile, but have no idea whether that would work in an iPhone. Mine is iPhone 5 (not compatible).

Cheers - Tony
Go to: