Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm using Windows 10 and Powerdirector 365. I had to reset my windows due to an issue within Windows. The reset fixed my problem, but when I reinstalled Powerdirector, the Titler Pro 1.0 Addin that comes with it, will no longer register with my serial key. It gives an error 8180100e activating serial number. Is anyone else having this problem?
Quote The new AI vocal removal in AD12 requires AVX2 which can be found in the i7-4770 or higher as in this spec page of Minimum service requirement: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/audiodirector/specs_en_US.html .

Thank you for the link.

Is there any way to go back a version when using the application manager?

Or is there some kind of addin I can get that will put back the old method in the new version?
I've been using vocal removal for a long time now. I have 365 and I was updating Powerdirector via the application manager and saw Audiodirector had one too. So I updated them both. The machine had been off of some time so there was also some windows updates. I've applied them all too. So I'm at Windows 10 21H1. I have checked multiple times and there are no more updates.

Audiodirector opens fine, but when I try to use "Voice Boost and Removal in Music" I get a message:
"The effects connat be applied on your PC. Try installing the latest Windows update and check if your system supports the AVX instruction set."
To be clear the very first time I tried to use it audiodirecter did say something about downloading components... but then it ended up with the same message.

It used to work in the previous version so I assumed it has AVX support. But I checked using HWINFO64 anyways and it seems to confirm my Intel Core i7-3930K is capable (but not AVX2 or AVX-512,). I'm using an Alienware Aurora R2, its a bit older but its always been good for the video editing I've been doing.

So does it need AVX2 or AVX-512 support? or is there something else I can try?

TIA
So I spent the time and redid the video from the basic template I use for all my videos. I used the same source files and I didn't encounter the problem. Not sure what caused it but it seems the file is indeed cursed. thanks for your help trying to figure out what the problem was.

At least I learned the shadowplay does that "variable framerate" thing. I was unaware of variable framerates at all. Are Shadowplay files the only place you'd encounter them? Is there any way to tell if a file actually has a variable rate in it? I assume the variable framerate occurs when the game itself experiences a drop in framerate? If thats the case I probably dont encounter it very much with my videos I'm working on because the game I was recording came out in 2002 and I was playing it in 2017 so even at max settings my latest gaming rig had no issues rendering it.
As a test for what might be happening, don't split any clips when you need to mute a section. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the clip's volume level (horizontal very thin green line that runs the horizontal length of each clip) to add 4 keyframes starting where you want to mute the audio. Next drag the two middle ones to the bottom edge of the clip to mute just that section.

To be clear, I'm just splitting a video clicp and muting the audio. I noprmally split because sometimes I decide to go back and try to edit the audio if the mute makes things overly awkward. I followed the instructions and used keyframes and muted a section of audio. The problem still occurred. I had to close the program and reopen for the audio to be muted.

I've seen the same/similar issues with highly variable framerate and/or bitrate files. Basically, the split points are not correct. If that describes your source video file, I'd convert to a more conventional constant framerate file with typical audio in HandBrake or potentially even PD if you make no edits and produce to a new format and use this new produced file for editing.

Jeff

I hadn't thought of this. The project is based off a series of 45mbps 2500x1600 60fps MP4 files recorded from Nvidia Shadowplay with a stereo 48hz 192kps AAC audio track. I have been using a video of TV static with sound for a couple of transtions and looking now it's 2.4mbps 1280x720 30fps with 44khz 128kps audio. I would have thoughta video editor would bbe able to make that leap, and maybe it can....

So I decided to try copying the entire project from the original file into a new file (ctrl c, ctrl v), and boy did all hell break loose. I couldn't watch the video in the preview video most of the time. Some parts of video I deleted showed up. Some part of the video were completely missing audio even being shown at all. When I saved it and tried to reopen it I got some error about incorrect something or other that I only ever recieved once (I didn't record the exact words). It had stripped out further sections of the video / audio....

I'm going to consider this file cursed (corrupted) and start over from scratch and pay closer attention to the bitrates and such for all supporting videos I use like this static one. I've just recently edited four other video from the same timeframe and not had any of these issues. For all I know this might have bee a file where I originally encountered the problem back when I was using version 14.

I'll start over and post back if I encounter the issue again...
Power Director 365 19.3
Win 10
file was originally created in 14 but has since been resaved.
I have encountered this is the past but just worked through it as best I could but I'm looking for fix, not a workaround like I have already. Though this is the first time in 365.

I'm working on this one video where something's happened to the audio. I did a bit of sarching on it, but I'm not exactly sure how to describe the symptoms accurately enough to find appropriate answers:

If I split out a small section to mute. When muted, and I go back to check if I got it all, it will still play the audio even though it shows as muted.
Secondly, if I split and delete portions of the video, the audio of the remaining clip starts at the point of the clip I just deleted. basically putting the audio out of sync by the duration of the clip I just cut out.

If I close and open the program and reload the file, everything gets sorted properly again without me doing anything.
I thought maybe the cache files were corrupted so I deleted them and then reopend the file and let the cache files be built again, but its still the same problem.

any ideas? tia
A bit of a necro, but I figure I'd post my findings considering I've not seen a resolution here. I've had this problem with PD14 and was hoping PD16 would fix it. It did not. However, doing some digging I found someone that had the right answer it seems. I'm running Win 7 Home 64 bit with an i7 16gb ram and a radeon something or other and I was still having this problem. Turn off Windows 7 transperancies. I changed the Theme to Windows Classic and the problem has not returned so far (and even seems to have increased response within PD).
Quote Hello,

You said you also have AudioDirector, which can display up to 7 audio tracks for a single media file. You want to separate the audio out, that is where you do it and then import your edits back into PowerDirector.

You might be able to extract out just the mic audio in the file, and then produce two new files that you can then edit away in PowerDirector with. It's worth taking a look.

David

Thanks for the input, Didn't think to check into audiodirector itself and it lead me to this:

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/29/mixing-multi-track-audio-with-audiodirector

It showed me a fair bit about audiodirector that I didn't know about so thanks for that (mainly clicking on Mix... DOH!). But again, importing the files appears to just default to Track1 and ignores all others. Since posting my topic, there was another post where a user suggested a "demultiplexer" I've googled some and most seem "free". Does anyone have a suggestion for one?
Quote So I just purchased PD16 Suite Deluxe or whatever with AD8 and it looks pretty good, but I go to work with an Mp4 with two audio tracks and this software doesn't appear to have the capacity to handle this? I read some previous version posts about other version not supporting this. Is this still the case? The best suggestion is using Audacity to split the audio out. After messing around with it it looks like this will work. But really? Please tell me I'm just missing something somewhere cause its just seems odd to me a video editing software of this calibre wouldn't have this...
If you are wanting separate audio (languages) in multiple tracks, Powerdirector does not do that.

PowerDirector does have up to 100 tracks for Video and/or Audio. When you produce, those tracks are mixed down to one Video and either 5.1 Sound or Stereo Sound, depending on the setting in Preferences and the original source Video and Sound.

Thank you for the information. The files I'm using come from Shadowplay. It offers you the option of keeping your mic audio in a seperate track. It would make this so much easier to edit if I could do it that way. Is there another software similar to PD that you are aware of that does handle the multiple audio tracks in an MP4 file?
So I just purchased PD16 Suite Deluxe or whatever with AD8 and it looks pretty good, but I go to work with an Mp4 with two audio tracks and this software doesn't appear to have the capacity to handle this? I read some previous version posts about other version not supporting this. Is this still the case? The best suggestion is using Audacity to split the audio out. After messing around with it it looks like this will work. But really? Please tell me I'm just missing something somewhere cause its just seems odd to me a video editing software of this calibre wouldn't have this...
Go to: