Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I've probably thrown a 'red herring' in there smile. For the time being, I'd suggest that you look at Process Explorer and you'll see that it has options to 'kill' a process and also a process tree i.e. the process with all child processes (I think).

p.s. oops - Just seen you've sorted it - that's great!

Yes all is well now. I believe that the issue may have been that there are bad blocks in my hard drive. Found them using HD Scan Pro. Hard Drive is probably dying. Repairing hard drive probably resolved the issue with PDR13.exe process in suspended state. That process no longer shows up in the Details tab of Task Manager.

When I had the issue with PowerDirector 13 I was editing a 2 GB video file. I suspect that portions of the hard drive were being used as cache for the application. It is possible that the system attempted to use one of the bad blocks on the hard drive for cache and perhaps that caused the initial problem. HD Scan Pro also indicated that some of the sectors of the hard drive were unstable which also is a concern. I have ordered a new HD for the computer and will replace the current drive when the new one comes in.

Thanks for your help. Wouldn't have known where to go beyond what I had tried already without your suggestions.
Quote If PDR is still showing as a supended process after reboot and before trying to run it normally the Systinternals app Process Explorer may help. You need also to establish whether there are any child processes and then kill them as well as PDR.exe.

This isn't a situation that I have ever had to resolve myself so I can't be of more help.

Just bye the bye, and probably not related at all but I saw that you have a GPS mapping application that has crashed. In the past there have been several instances where GARMIN related software has caused problems, do you have any GARMIN items by any chance?

Yes, I have a couple of them, Mapsource and Basecamp. I use Mapsource from time-to-time, but rarely use Basecamp.
After following Longedge's suggestion to run sfc/scannow, the system scan found no errors and the problem remained. I decided to go ahead and run chkdsk as suggested. Because Windows 10 uses NTFS file system, I could not run chkdsk on C: while the system was boooted on C: so I had to request that the chkdsk function run the next time the system was started (this is an option when requesting a chkdsk on the currently active drive). I shut down the system and immediately restarted it (NOT a restart from the currently running system). It took about an hour or two for the system to complete the scan and then the system started. Once it started and loaded I shut down again and restarted it from a full powered down state. After I restarted I was able to open Powerdirector 13 normally. Not sure why, but I was able to do so. Apparently something on the hard drive was preventing the application from loading properly.

I plan to replace the hard drive as it is showing some signs of instability. I suspect that the drive is the source of the problem.

Thanks for the help. It has been a learning experience.
Quote it was listed in the "suspended" status and any attempt to stop the process results in a message that "access is denied"

Did you have administrator privileges when trying to do this?

This is a very long shot but does Windows 10 have a 'Prefetch' folder as in Windows 7? If so try deleting it's entire contents. These are just files that Windows loads at startup to save time later and the folder will be rebuilt over time. I just wonder if somehow a session of PD13 has found it's way in there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did find the PDR13 application listed in the Prefetch folder and I deleted it, but it does not appear that it has resulted in any change in the issue - app does not load, message is the same (Concurrent user Sessions Not Supported), and the PDR13.exe still appears in the suspended state in Task Manager. I also deleted the entire contents of the Prefertch Folder with the same result.
Quote After rebooting and before trying to run PDR the process is not running is it?

I can see you are having problems with Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer and a failed Windows Update (THIS is worth looking at). I'd be inclined to first run " sfc /scannow " but making sure you run it from an elevated command prompt.

If all else fails then perhaps a system restore would work for you if you can pinpoint the date when this first started happening.

After rebooting, the PDR13.exe file still appears in Task Manager in the suspended state and I am still unable to run the app or modify the state in Task Manager. I have admin rights as the only user of this system so I do not believe that is the issue.
I have rebooted several times this the application crashed. I tried to open it within the last hour or so and still get the same error message when trying to open the application.

The requested file is attached
I am using PowerDirector 13. While using the application to edit a video, the application suddenly closed without warning. When I tried to open the application again, I get the message "Concurrent user session not supported". The message suggests that I close the currently open session before reloading. The only option is to close this message.

I have tried to find an open session of PowerDirector and can find none. When I look for open apps in the Task Manager of Windows 10, no sessions of PowerDirector are listed, either as apps or as Background Processes. I did find PDR13.exe listed in the Details tab of Task Manager, but it was listed in the "suspended" status and any attempt to stop the process results in a message that "access is denied".

I have waited hours and retried the application with the same result. I have attempted to re-install the application and I get the "Concurrent user..." message once the instal begins. Is there a lock file or some other process that prevents concurrent uses of the application that I can modify to allow me to open the app? Don't know where to go from here other than delete the application and then attempt to re-install, but if the app is going to close unexpectedly and lock up like this, I am not sure that it is something I want to re-install. Anyone with any ideas?.
I am using PowerDirector 13. While using the application to edit a video, the application suddenly closed without warning. When I tried to open the application again, I get the message "Concurrent user session not supported". The only option is to close this message. This effectively locks the application.
I have waited hours and retried the application with the same result. I have attempted to re-install the application and I get the "Concurrent user..." message once the install begins. I can find the PDR13.exe file running in the windows Task Manager and the status is listed as "suspended". I can try to end the task and I get a message that access is denied.
How can I close an application which seems to be closed? How can I use an application that "thinks" that it is already open when it is not?
Is there a lock file or some other tool that is used to prevent concurrnet use of the program that may not have been properly cleared when the application closed suddenly?
I have the same message, but it results in the application being locked. I am using PowerDirector 13. While using the application to edit a video, the application suddenly closed without warning. When I tried to open the application again, I get the message "Concurrent user session not supported". The only option is to close this message.

I have waited hours and retried the application with the same result. I have attempted to re-install the application and I get the "Concurrent user..." message once the instal begins. I can find the PDR13.exe file running in the windows Task Manager and the status is listed as "suspended". I can try to end the task and I get a message that access is denied.

How can I close an application which seems to be closed? How can I use an application that "thinks" that it is already open when it is not?
Go to: