Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Check to see if you have a previous backup of the installation files like on a disc or external drive somewhere.

Unfortunately no.
I had a hard disk crash and am reinstalling my software.
I can't locate the PD14 solfware. Only the updates come up in "my products".
Any idea where I could find the dowload for the full version?
Thanks, Andrew
Sorry! I meant to "simulate" camera shake on my fixed cameras that tend to look a bit stiff.
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Exactly as Tony explains here. You made an overlap and that could be the reason.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If you allow me: when filming music clips "tell a story". The cams should shoot closer and at least one should move as if you use a steady cam for solos. Use overlays and graphical art to mask imperfections such as "too static views". When a solo, get very close, that fills and gives "movement".The musicians should also move a bit more even playing jazz, and show more confidence. it's a bit too "crampy".

Even with slow music, the cams should give a rhythm and not bore the viewer. Study good live music vids on YT, there are plenty.... You don't need necessarily a lot of artifacts on a stage but artifice in your creativity and tricks box. That last will surprise your viewers. Use image synthesizers. They fit tremendously well to PD.

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew

This vid is already much better! There are movement and rhythm is the picture. When you do the "live steady cam" don't go back too fast cause forward and backward makes "sick" :. Even in front of your screen editing avoid too many crops. Stick to the solo, eventually close-ups of the musicians face, the fingers. People like to see details. Also, learn to adjust your cams such that each section of musicians ( horns, bass and drums, keyboards, have their own cam aside of you doing the steady cam (relation between the cams). Put your tripods at different levels so you have different perspectives. Drums and snare drums (the rhythm), the bass drum (the foot on the pedal), etc. Watch YT live concerts.

When you film stick to the 10 secs rule per rush: when editing use max 4-5 secs except when needed: a solo.

"Having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit!". Just for that, make a plan how you film without being in the view of other cams and best is to reshoot the "steady cam" alone and add it to the edit without sound since you have a sound track already. These cuts "can" fit perfectly well.

Finally, experiment, test, experiment, test, dare to be creative and improvise. PD is a good soft but one has to push it at the boundaries to use it to the best possible way. And use overlays and graphics. In this room, you could use chroma key techniques (green screen) and avoid the wall's colors and add moving backgrounds, or the PiP technique, etc.

Success!

Alain II

Thaks Allain,

The feedback and tips are appreciated.

Are you aware of a camera shake plugin for PD that is effective? I have been using crop and zoom features, but it's not the easiest method.
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Exactly as Tony explains here. You made an overlap and that could be the reason.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If you allow me: when filming music clips "tell a story". The cams should shoot closer and at least one should move as if you use a steady cam for solos. Use overlays and graphical art to mask imperfections such as "too static views". When a solo, get very close, that fills and gives "movement".The musicians should also move a bit more even playing jazz, and show more confidence. it's a bit too "crampy".

Even with slow music, the cams should give a rhythm and not bore the viewer. Study good live music vids on YT, there are plenty.... You don't need necessarily a lot of artifacts on a stage but artifice in your creativity and tricks box. That last will surprise your viewers. Use image synthesizers. They fit tremendously well to PD.

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Success!

Alain II

Thanks for the feedback. This is quite new to me, and having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit! But those points make so much sence. I mgiht experiment a bit more and see what I come up with. It was a small room, so a bit tricky to get up close. The band was a bit flat, so there's not a lot of movement in that number. I'll keep experimenting.. Thanks.
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Excellent. Worked perfectly.
Quote Hi everyone.

I am just putting final touches on a film clip of a band. I used multicam designer.

I am adding in transitions between the camera angles using "adorage". But it seems to put the audio out of whack with the video. It's like the transition is added to the length of the clip?

I am just wnating to fade one camera out while the other is fading in.

Any thoughts are greatfully appreciated.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Can you show a jpg of the expanded timeline where you placed the Adorage effect?

Thanks.

Alain II

Thanks Alain,

Here are some screenshots.

And here is an idea of the clip without the transisitons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdrle53pq0&t=135s

I appreciate your help.
Hi everyone.

I am just putting final touches on a film clip of a band. I used multicam designer.

I am adding in transitions between the camera angles using "adorage". But it seems to put the audio out of whack with the video. It's like the transition is added to the length of the clip?

I am just wnating to fade one camera out while the other is fading in.

Any thoughts are greatfully appreciated.

Andrew
Quote Hi Andrew -

Motion Tracker can track an object, but it cannot control the position of the subject on the screen.

The only way I know to do that is by using Crop & Zoom, a completely separate tool. The question has been asked before, so I can point you to this raw screen capture...

Hope it helps.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony,

I'll give that a try. Not as convenient but I am sure I can make it work.

Andrew
Hi,

I have been playing with motion tracker.

Is there anyway that I can set it so that the object (person) I am tracking always appears in the centre of the frame.

I want to be able to zoom in a bit, and then use motion tracker to keep the object in frame.

Thanks, Andrew
Hi,I am shooting a live gig tonight. I use 4 cheap camcorders, and they generally work fine. I just stick them on auto and leave them.The camera at the front of the stage has some challenges on autofocus, and also with the aggressive stage lighting. I am going to try some manual setting tonight. Here is a clip from a previous gig. Can you give me any suggestions on manual settings for the front camera please. It's also hard to get it on the small screen.Thanks,Andrew

https://youtu.be/0O6mwP05Ix0
Quote You can click the "Effect" button just above the timeline and change the "Degree" of the blur from the default of 5 to 2. You could also use the "Gaussan Blur" effect which has the same controls but at the 2 level appears to be a little lighter.

Jeff

Thanks Geoff, works great.

Is there someway I can drop the same effect over every snippet in the timeline without doing each individually?

Also, is there a way to change the default to 2
Hi,

I have taken some footage at a school concert. The footage has up to 50 kids dancing. In Australia, you are not able to publish videos of children unless the faces are masked. There are so many faces in the video, that I need to blur the entire image.

I have tried using the "Blur" effect in PD14, but it is a bit extreme.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions you have,

Thanks, Andrew
I record live music using 4 cameras. Here's an example - https://youtu.be/YH2ZmgoJmEY

As you can see the cameras are stationary. At live gigs I pretty much just set the camera up, hit record and come back later.

Is there some kind off effect that can be added to make the camera look like a cameraman is holding it. ie. it is stightly unsteady, and gives the video a bit more life?
I really appreciate your feedback. This is just a hobby for me, but I have the setup now so want to make use of it. A the cameras are pretty basic but seem to record pretty well.
Quote: The YT video?
I will spend some more time with the manual.

You Tube - I am not thinking clearly this morning!
The YT video?
I will spend some more time with the manual.
Tomasc, I tried those setting and it makes a big difference. I hope you don't mind if I ask one more question.

in some videos I have been. getting banding under LED stage lighting. I record at 1080/60 fps with the default shutter speed. The camera does not have the option of running 50fps. The power in Australia is 50htz, so I have heard that this may cause the problems.

Here is a clip that shows the issue. I'd appreciate any tips you might have.

https://youtu.be/nMb1psfG6ns

Thanks, Andrew
I have given the new system a try. 4 camera being edited in multicam mode with a wav file for audio. 3 hour duration!

Works great in HD preview, whilst obviously struggling a bot on the highest definition settings. CPU only hits 43% and ram 50%. I haven't tried producing a final output file, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to process.

Good investment.
Go to: