Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Okay now I think I see what is going on- your operating system is an older Windows XP Home edition- if my memory serves that's a 32-bit operating system.

When you did your DxDiag did you see a "Run 64-bit DxDiag" option?
I'll hazard as guess you didn't- just verify and let us know.

Your graphics card is also an older card:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

The graphics driver is also from 2011 so see if there is a new updated driver on the AMD website. But with such older cards there might not be an update, check just in case.

See this link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Your CPU on the other hand is a quad core so you do have some power to work with. Just don't expect everything will work as it should with your current setup. So some of the features of PD 11 might not work as they should.

Rob
Tina,

How much space do you now have on your main C: drive now that you have moved your videos to your other drive?

Your DPI - (Dots per inch) is your Display text and objects size.
It is at 144 DPI (150 %) according to your DxDaig.txt file
------------------
Time of this report: 7/10/2013, 22:11:20
Machine name: TINA-HP
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
------------------

Reset it to 100% here's how: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/255-screen-resolution-display-settings.html

Click the Start button, click Control Panel then click Display.

Once you reset to 100% your screen fonts and letters etc. will become smaller. Try this for now then you can always make the text bigger later on.

To update your graphics card drivers go the the manufacturer's website- in this case AMD owns ATI which makes your video graphics card. Here is the update page: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Your video / graphics card is as follows:

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850

Rob

Loren,

Borgus has a good point.

Now I am curious- can you upload a Diagnostic file text summary of your system.
See this link how to do this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24619.page#134008

Basically click your Start button, type "Dxdiag" hit Enter.
Click "Run 64-bit DxDiag" and then afterwards when it finishes click "Save All Information."

Attach the DxDiag.txt file here so we can have a look at your computer setup.

R
Hey Don,

Not sure if I am thinking of what you are asking- but click on your video clip. Then click on the "Keyframe" tab and then expand "Fix/Enhance & "Clip Attributes" etc.

Have a look see if there is anything there that is relevant to you. Otherwise I'd like to to know myself if PD does have a feature like this I am missing.

Now I'm curious- you wouldn't happen to have a link showing these Clip Markers?

Rob
Hey guys,

For movement-:

In addition to using the text boxes, you need to become familiar with Motion paths and especially using Keyframes. This will allow you to resize, track motion to objects and other effects.

See this link for more info: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28952.page

The text box can also be rotated to different angles to make it match the object you want to track and so on. It's basically a trial and error thing until you get become familiar with it.

There are always multiple ways to get to the end goal so experiment and ask lots of questions.

Rob
Loren,

interesting- do you have the following selected in Preferences> Hardware Acceleration?

Rob
Excellent vid.
Nice and simple to follow.
Great work.

Rob
Quote:

RobAC

Thanks for suggestions.
How do you get .. "Fast video rendering technology" & "Hardware video encoder" available? Mine are not active, and I can't see where to get them active.

Also... I noticed that in user preferences.. under "Hardware acceleration" the box for "Enable Hardeware decoding" is also not avialable.

Could you attach screenshot of your Preferences screen so we can have a look, thanks.
(Click on blue "Attachments" lower left of the reply window once you take and save a screenshot to your computer.)

Only certain formats have this such as the MPEG-4, H264 AVC and MKV have this option.

Tina,

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page

Rob
I'm going to hazard a guess that you are talking about blurriness when when you play it back in the Preview window?
(If not then ignore the rest of this post.)

Have you tried changing the Preview settings to High and then playing it back?
Lower settings cause blurriness. When you Produce the video the titles will be clear.

See this link for more info- scroll down: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29038.page

Rob

To answer your question: Here us how I would do it.

Go to the Title Room (F7) located on the left hand side has a big "T" symbol.
You are going to create a Template Subtitle you can use for all future videos.

Click on the little arrow just to the right to expand it and you will see all sorts of pre-built Title templates.

Click on the Business folder with the 4 templates.
Double click on anyone of those. Once it opens change the text to Arial 12 font for example and choose "Save as"
Name it "My subtitle" or whatever. Now save. You can also add more text boxes using the +Tt looking symbol upper left.
As well as different scrolling motions, colors, wipes etc.

When you save it, it will now show up in your "Custom" folder.
You can now drag this to your timeline change the background to black and use white text.
Stretch it to however long you want to match the video. You can also doubleclick on it and move it around on
your video to position it anywhere you want.

The built in Subtitle Room (F12) is okay but very limited- I prefer the above which offers much more flexibility.
Happy experimenting.

Rob
File this under Preview needs fixing.

I do the following to make my own "live" preview.

1.) I finish editing whatever it is I am working on then Produce it using the setting MPEG-4 1280 X 720 / 30p (9Mbps)
2.) Use "Fast video rendering technology" and "Hardware video encoder." (located bottom left on the Produce screen) to make a quick video render.

I then play the produced video at the same time with the project still open in Power Director.
Whenever I spot something I don't like, I pause the video and switch over to PD and fix it right then and there. Then continue on.

I have found this actually speeds up my editing and helps me hone in on the mistakes and things that need tweaking.

Rob
Roxanne,

Have you seen this link maybe it will help: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28365.page

I have not outputted my projects to a DVD yet so I don't have any first hand knowledge to offer.

Rob
Hey guys-

Do not change the New video length.

It is the "Speed Multiplier" setting you should change.
In other words slide or enter the speed settings using the Speed Multiplier and it will automatically change the New video length.

Rob
Loren.

Preview slowness stutter can happen. I see this all the time when I am editing.

Try lowering your preview setting to normal or just high (click icon located below Preview window looks like a little window with a solid white block right beside the camera icon.) Also un-click Preferences>General>Enable HD video processing (shadow file) - turn this off.

Also un-click both items in Hardware Acceleration. (I personally leave these checked- but try un-checking them and see if it works for you.)

There is a new update out right now 3026.

When you produce a video it comes out okay- which is what I see also.

Rob
Hi,

Try rolling back your Catalyst driver to version 12.8
see this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28244.page

Rob
That was awesome! I didn't know about the stop light law at 00:58 and being able to take a U-turn at a light.
(6:20 was hilarious.. ha... oops I mean naughty Voices very naughty driver!)

btw- you can link directly to youtube videos using the "Youtube" tab in your your reply posts see here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28822.page

I use an older Contour ROAM. That Drift HD Ghost camera looks interesting. That remote must be very handy.

Very cool video- nice work. I cringe at some of those near misses- bad drivers are all over the planet- one of my pet peeves.

Rob
Hi Dan,

What is your naming structure of your files? If they are in numerical sequential order they should be in order.
Is it the default camera structure such as DSC001.jpg or IMG0001.jpg and so on ?

Or have you named some with custom names like "flower bloom.jpg" ?

You can try renaming them by adding a sequential number to the beginning of the files like 1_Flower.jpg and 2_Ivy.jpg etc.

I use a util called Bulk Rename which is free. It looks complicated but it is really a very simple and powerful little prgm to use- just read the short tutorial and you will be able to figure it out - link here: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Rob
Just a heads up to protect your hours of editing hard work from getting lost in the event of a power failure.
In addition to saving frequently to different numbered .pds save files; you should also think about getting a UPS.

No not the shipping company, I mean a UPS = Uninterruptible Power Supply for your computer.
What is this? It's basically a rechargeable battery backup power supply that gives you an extra 5 or more minutes of power in case of an electrical power loss, like a blackout. It will also help to protect your computer and monitor and anything plugged into it from power surges, voltage spikes and so on - which can damage your electronics.

Note: A UPS is designed to allow you a few extra precious minutes to save your work and shut down your computer system. Normal consumer grade ones do not have enough power to allow you to continue on your work for the rest of the day. It is a safety mechanism that anyone with a computer should have. (It has built in surge protection just like your normal power bar but with added battery backup features. Some will even allow you to set it up to auto shutdown your computer if you are not around when a power outage happens.)

Just be aware of the following when thinking about purchasing a UPS:
They have different power and wattage ratings. You need to take a hard look at your individual requirements and purchase one accordingly. For instance: If you have a dual screen setup desktop that draws a lot of power then you need a higher rated one than those who are running laptops outputting to a single external screen. (Laptop users have a built battery that acts as a UPS but an added surge protector that a dedicated UPS has is still a good thing to have.)

Look for brand name manufacturers like APC, Cyberpower and so on. Check the specs and ratings. Get the one appropriate for your specific electronic needs.

The next time you have a power loss or voltage spike you'll be happy you had one.

Rob
Tony,

I forgot to ask - what timing are you using on your transition?
I have mine set to 0.5 seconds (00:30) and I do see the ghosting.
Even faster 0.2 seconds (00:12) there is ghosting but at a quicker rate.

But aren't we are over thinking things here ? Transitions and fades in and of themselves are designed to give a ghosting look between clips. When we use normal none repeating clips we see this- but the brain associates this with scene changes. (Which is a deliberate thing for effect. Otherwise just use clips chained together without any transitions between them for faster switching and scene change.)

Hopefully I explained that right- and hopefully I am actually understanding what you are driving at.

Rob
Hey,

I use the free util called interestingly enough Freemake video convertor: http://www.freemake.com/

Give this a try. It's pretty easy to use. Let us know if a different format works for you.

Before I bought my Sony PJ7xx series camcorder I had a good look at a Pro series digital camera. But decided I needed a dedicated camcorder that could do well over an hour non stop recording for certain situations- in one file without any manufacturer auto splits. (This was before I even knew how to use an NLE like PD.) My wife has been hinting she wants a Pro series camera and the Canons are on the short Christmas wish list.

Rob
Go to: