Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks i see it now!
Hi - sorry if this is in another thread - i did not see how to search other than manually going through the pages. If there is an easy way to search, please let me know.

I'm using PD13 on a laptop. Its not super hi perf (Core i5, integrated Gfx).

I was in a project, using the little window to the top right (playback window?) and it was working more or less ok. At some point, during playback of a clip, i meant to hit <space> and hit a wrong button. Now, every clip i preview in this window plays at extremely slow motion. I cannot find a setting to adjust back to normal speed, or to toggle between slow/normal/fast, etc.

It feels like a hardware issue to me, but since it was working ok on this machine, I don't think that is the issue. Lack of a toggle makes me wonder though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kevin
I think it is PS10 - I will try your suggestion and get back to you - will be a few days before I get a chance to.

Thanks for your help!
I tried that, as well as changing to .m2t, as someone else said they had a Canon HV20 that used the .m2t extension. Neither were able to be read by PD13.
sorry, yes its a .wav file - either a typo or I was thinking Win Movie in my head as I typed. It is the audio, and yes, the video files are several megs, and clearly identifiable as the video files (*.m2v). The .wav files do show up as importable into PD13, but obviously they are useless because the video *.m2v files don't come with them.

I did look up the .m2v - they are MPEG2 video files. But I can't figure out how to open them .

I think I will just go back to my old laptop w/ PInnacle, and output these videos into a movie format, xfer to external HDD, then import this file into PD13 on my new laptop. Just have to figure out what output Pinnacle has that PD13 will be able to recognize and be editable

I was just hoping that i wouldn't have to use that old laptop to do any processing, as its so old its the first Intel Dual Core...not even a monolithic - its an MCP Kluge of two Single Cores on an interposer. Good lord, it might as well be tubes.

Thanks!
Kevin
OK, thanks I was afraid of that.

So these files are not the actual raw video files from the camera-they are essentially the raw files converted to a 'project' (group of files usable by Pinnacle). Is that the right way to think of it?

So once I open them in Pinnacle, I can take the 'project' and output it to a few different formats, which I think I should be then able to import to PD13...what is the best output format that will be easiest to use/least quality loss?

Thanks,
Kevin
Hi,

I have some older videos (2007 or so) recorded on Canon HV10, captured via Pinnacle Studio (whatever version was current at that time).

The capture created several files for each video on my laptop...a *.m2v, *.scn, *.index.m2v, and *.wmv. I assume the wav is sound, the scn is like the file inidicating where scenes are detected, and no idea what the index is...the .m2V is the large file, and i've found out that it is an mpeg2 video file.

I'm now trying to open these old captured videos w/ PD13, but they don't appear to be compatible. I don't have any programs that will open this .m2v file on my Win8 machine.

Any idea how to get this file into a format that PD13 will recognize and be able to edit?

Thanks!!

Kevin
Thanks all!!
I thought I would have to keep both laptops...but I was hoping I could get rid of it
It will capture video, and I can xfer it via external HDD. Just a pain...

BTW..GGRussell...I work for Intel and i'm digging your rig

Kevin
I have a pretty old laptop w/ 1394...but it does not have PD13 on it, nor is it powerful enough to use this software. IT has an old version of PInnacle Video Editor on it.

I have a new laptop, though it is probably on the low end of being powerful enough, it has PD13. But it has no 1394.

I have a Canon HV10 HD VidCam that uses 1394. Also likely will buy a new HD VidCam (lower end...$500 range)

How can i capture videos from my Canon to the new laptop w/o 1394. Are there USB/1394 adapters? GIven the difference protocols (stream vs packets) i would assume that wouldn't work.

I feel like what I probably have to do is keep this old laptop for capturing videos from teh VidCams via Pinnacle software. Then transfer these capture files to a separate HDD, then connect the HDD to my new laptop and 'import' these Pinnacle captures into PD13.

Is there a way, w/o 1394 to get the videos captured to my new laptop...or do i have to go this circuitous route?
I believe it is the HV10. Bought in about 2006 or so.... (double checked - it is the HV10)

For each video that i would capture, it would generate about 4-5 files, w/ same filename but different extension - is that typical? Are all of them used by the video editor, or are some of these non essential?

They are on a different laptop (old one w/ 1394), so will have to fire that up to find out the exact file extensions.

Thanks for your answer!

Thanks,
Kevin
I used Pinnacle several years ago, and captured quite a few videos. Captured from Canon HD Video Camera. Used Pinnacle software and 1394 to capture to my hard drive. Each video was captured and about 4-5 files were created for each video that was captured, with different file extensions.

My question is, are these captured files compatible w/ PD13?

Can i just use PD to open them directly from my HDD, and then edit them into a 'movie' (same as if captured by PD13)? I guess put another way, will any video editor be able to edit captured video files - are they all the same, or does each video editor capture images in a proprietary way? Or do i need to open these 'projects' in Pinnacle, and then create some sort of output file (AVI, MOV, etc), and then open that file with PD13 to actually edit the videos? If this is the case, will the file be treated the same as a captured video by PD13, with all of the same editing options available? Will there be a loss of the 'HD'?

Thanks for any help!

Kevin
Go to: