Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK - I was having trouble with my BD burner only to discover my internal optical drive isn't a BD burner, just DVD burner and BD reader. That's sorted now and I'm back on track!

As suggested, I'm now going to go through the whole process of menu creation and BD burning in PD13.

I am trying to create a menu with 8 items (thumnails?). However, even after watching tutorials I can't figure out how. Sometimes I'm not offered the option to change the number, sometimes I am only offered 1, sometimes I'm offered a list from 1 to 4 and sometimes from 1 to 6. I assume not all templates allow these changes but I can't find a filter to show me which templates offer what e.g. a filter for 'menu templates for 8 items' etc either in PD13 or on director zone.

I have tried modifying templates with menu designer and I can add loads of menu buttons but after I've saved them and tried to use the modified templates they don't show the extras ( e.g. template 6 has one button, I modified it and saved it to have 6 but when I apply it there is only 1 page with 3 buttons). I'm very confused.

Is there a way to display just the templates that can accomodate up to a certain number of items?

Am I doing something stupid?
I have some movie files i want to burn to bluray as video.

Some have more than 1 language soundtrack and english is not always the default.

Can I select english where it is not the default or can I change english to be the default channel?

I have mediasuite 13 if that helps.
Quote Screen capture showing the steps above:

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your help, Tony.

The reason I wasn't going to use PD is that I didn't realise it could do it!

Media suite has a bewildering number of functions and I didn't realise there was so much crossover bewteen apps. Someone told me to burn blurays using PP6 and it didn't occur to me that PD might be able to do it too....
I want to burn 6 programmes to bluray with a simple menu that shows 6 thumbnails with text. No chapters. I have a few queries....

Is the root directory like a generic title page which doesn't show the specific programmes?

As I only need one page with the 6 thumbnails, is that the titles/chapters page?

When I choose a template to start with the little modify/apply window pops up but it shows the root menu - which is highlighted - and the titles/chapters page even though I have deselcted 'include root menu'. It won't allow me to select the titles/chapters page. I only want a titles page - how do I get rid of the root menu and chapters page? Or have I misunderstood this whole root menu thing and maybe thats the only page I need and I can put my 6 thumbnails on that? Very confused.

and, is the menu structure screen just for information? I can't see a way of changing it, such as removing the pages I don't want.

Lastly, when I save my finished template, will it automatically appear in PP6 so I can import video and burn the bluray?

I've watched a couple of video tutorials but they don't seem to cover this.

Many thanks IA
I've had this message with my samsung se-506 external bluray writer. What worked for me is using a much shorter cable. Apparently they can be very thirsty and cheap or long cables combinded with low powered usb ports don't supply enough power and a shorter or higher quality cable might make the difference. I think I might actually be using the one that came with the drive. I've ordered a y cable to make sure.
Quote: Ok, I misunderstood.

I don;t think that Vista has Movie Maker that will do a blu ray. Look and see.

Time to invest in a new video editing program or in the latest version of Power2Go (note it is cheaper today than the upgrade).

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go-platinum/features_en_US.html

There is a trial version . I don;t know if or how it is limited.

You may also want to consider and upgrade to your OS.

Just to make sure, just burning to a blu ray will NOT improve the quality of the video. You'll just be able to put more on a disc. If you start with standard definition video, the results will be standard video.

Thanks, Stevek. My goals are saving space and getting many videos of one type in one place for user convenience. I realise you can't increase quality so was never an objective.

I realise an OS upgrade is the ultimate answer but I'm putting it off because it effectively means a new laptop. My current one is very highly specified and I won't be able to afford the latest equivalent for some time. I can't see the point in paying to upgrade the OS on an old machine so I'm trying to squeeze the last bit of life out of this one. If I can't get this to work then my next step will be to do a clean install of Vista which might cure the minor hurdles but it's a horrendous amount of work to put everything back, update it, tweak it etc etc. I've no real reason to think the software won't run on vista - all my googling suggests it will and I can't specifically see anything to say it won't.
Quote: ISOBurn, one possibility was mentioned in my last post.

The ISO file you make must have the menu included. An ISO is an exact duplicate of what is on a disc -- blu ray or other.

Good luck with the computer. Did your SSD comne with a transfer program? Did you use that?

yes I used a transfer kit.

Ultimately I want to compile several video files onto one blu-ray with a menu. I understand I can burn a blu-ray with isoburn but what can I use to compile and add a menu? I didn't think isoburn did that.
Quote:
Quote: Is there now a solution to this? I bought the samsung se-506 and this is the software that was bundled with it so it should work with blu-rays. I'm using vista 32 and power2go7 LE version 7.0.0.3328.

IS there a good blu ray in the burner when you go to burn? I'm not sure Vista will recognize a blu ray.

Download ISOBurn, a free program that should burn a blu ray. I don;t know if it is compatible with Vista. If it is, be careful, it used to be a very good clean program with no malware; lately it is full of it so be careful and select a good source AND do a custom install.

Thanks, Stevek. I see I can use it to burn an iso. Can you recoomend some freeware that will allow me to author a blu-ray disc to HDD with a menu?

Just to let you know, it looks like my vista may have a slight corruption. Since I swapped my HDD for an SSD it seems it has installed no service packs or updates and when I try to force it to do so it refuses and gives me an error. Horrible feeling I'm looking at a reinstall...
Is there now a solution to this? I bought the samsung se-506 and this is the software that was bundled with it so it should work with blu-rays. I'm using vista 32 and power2go7 LE version 7.0.0.3328.
anyone?
If you have an mkv or avi file and the movie has more than one audio track, can you select which track you want as a default or can you remove other unwanted tracks when you are making a blu-ray disc?
sorry - have reposted in 'previous versions'
I have an external blu-ray burner that had powerdvd10 bundled with it. I wan't to burn a blu-ray with several movies on it but I can't see blu-ray as a format option. Am I doing something wrong? Does the burner need to be plugged in at this stage to be given the blu-ray option?
I have an external blu-ray burner that had powerdvd10 bundled with it.

I wan't to burn a blu-ray with several movies on it but I can't see blu-ray as a format option. Am I doing something wrong? Does the burner need to be plugged in at this stage to be offered blu-ray as a format?
Go to: