Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you!

The hotfix got me going again - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84986.page
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if PD365 has recently changed their MOV support.

I've read that PD has never really liked MOV files, but I've been editing with them sucessfully for years (PD14 and 16 and 365). But in the last month or so, PD365 no longer plays the audio.

To be clear:

• The files have audio, which I can hear in VLC for example

• PD365 imports an audio track from the file

• It can't bear hear in program

• It produces without audio

• The same camera is taking the files that have been working for years.

Does anyone know what might have happened?

Knd regards,
Dwain
thanks so much for your help everyone!

I have updated windows, done a clean (Driver only) install of geforce drivers and also run the CMDs as suggested by OpToData.

The scans came back completely clean/free of errors

I have opened my PD365 project just now and played around with the timeline with NO ISSUES. I am cautiously optmistic that my problems may be behind me. I suspect the driver version i was on was causing problems (because it was hanging before and after a windows reformat a month ago or so).

Thanks all!!
Apologies, have now attached to my OP. Hmm I'd not considered my windows version. will look into that tomorrow
Hey folks,

I'm not much of a computer nerd these days and just get crappy that it doesn't work. I am getting intermittent (but too regular crashes) when editing in PD lately. It mostly seems to happen when I'm trying to skip around and look at the video on the timeline. Almost like its chucking a hissy fit that I keep changing what I want to watch.

Basic PC specs: 2600k i7, GTX970, 16GB DDR3 Ram, 500 SSD.

Event Viewer gave this message (with different numbers) both times it crashed (it crashed almost immediately when i reopened the project and tried to edit the timeline).

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xffffb03205525400, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffff8014e8e3e29, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 41cd3613-2b8b-42be-b7b9-af0c06c9c11d.

I've downloaded a program to be able to open the DMP files, but don't really know what to show. hopefully the attached screen shots help.

Appreciate any help !! Thanks

Dwain

EDIT: it jsut happened again as soon as I tried to click on the timeline. It has no problem with rendering the video. I had the 'performance' tab of the task manager open at the time. I noticed big (100%) spikes in the GPU, as well as pretty big spikes in HDD and network as well. The CPU and RAM weren't bothered.

EDIT 2: dxdiag now attached
Hi All,

Im new to the forum, PowerDirector and video editing, having purchased PD12 a couple of months ago. I review tools on my youtube channel and sometimes like to compare 4 or more tools via split screen.

I'm embarking on a long video with the screen split into 6 in at least four different points in the ~25 minute video (i have around 45 raw videos) . At the moment i am doing all the trimming in several separate projects to keep it manageable. The raw videos are a mix of 4Mbps and 17Mbps, 30p, but I will probably end up encoding the final at 6Mpbs.

My question is this. Can I just encode 6 or 7 sections into 6Mpbs MP4 preliminary vids, and then join these. Rather than trying to have such a complicated project containing all 45 raw vids? Is there any reason not to?

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers, Dwain
Go to: