Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That's pretty funny. How can it leak on sites like that when there's not even official confirmation it exists?

the minimum specs for 4K bluray playback are ridiculous.

you need a kaby lake CPU and have to use the igpu hdmi output. No nvidia or AMD hardware acceleration then?

Quite curious about the audio improvements. Have cyberlink finally enabled atmos decoding to analogue?

That would be huge if they had.

windows 10 has the Dolby access app that enables Dolby atmos in the windows sound settings and play all my games in atmos that I've tried so far since the update.

Still if I have to buy a Kay lake cpu, new motherboard, new RAM, a new copy of cyberlink powerdvd and a 4K bluray player for PC, I might as well buy an XboxS and save some money and have a dedicated 4K bluray player with all the Amazon prime and Netflix apps installed on that.

not only do we have to have hdcp 2.2 screens and amps, we have to have the CPU to support it too.

All this DRM laden tech just to play back a video and a few wavs. I bet HDCP 2.2 will be cracked in a month anyway making it all pointless.
You heard it here first

http://www.kitguru.net/components/matthew-wilson/the-first-ultra-hd-blu-ray-pc-disc-drive-has-arrived/

It really, really, really wants to support Dolby atmos decoding eh?
Get fucking ready!!!!!

http://www.kitguru.net/components/matthew-wilson/the-first-ultra-hd-blu-ray-pc-disc-drive-has-arrived/

First 4k bluray player for PC!

Note how powerdvd is included.

you heard it here first!
If cyberlink had listened to my suggestions over the years they would have been light years ahead of the (free) competition by now.

TBH though these first VR headsets aren't a high enough resolution for serious film buffs.

Cyberlink should work on 4K and Dolby atmos support first.

The new Xbox slim, (out very soon) and the PS4K (out before Christmas) are both going to have 4K bluray drives in them.
Cyberlink sure as shit want to get 4K support out before they come out or they'll be losing a lot of their customers who are waiting for 4K support to be added.

Maybe if we attach our new xboxs and ps4K's to a Dolby atmos receiver we can get powerdvd to play 4K discs and decide the latest audio formats.

Oh yeah, we don't need powerdvd for that!
Soon to be rundundant and with nothing on the horizon, it doesn't look good for powerdvd.
Powerdvd's lack of features and misguided road maps are going to cost them dearly.
If only they read their own forums, their customers have been saying this for years!

I guess you reap what you sow!
.....meanwhile, back at the camp......
Any updates on this yet?
If we're not getting 4K UHD support any time soon at least give us the latest audio decoding standards to tie us over eh?
I agree.
Cyberlink are neglecting the fundamental functions of the program to cater for fads and gimmicks like apps and streaming.
Supporting 4K bluray and it's sound formats (atmos/DTSX) should be priority one. Then they can add all the bells and whistles.
Cyberlinks priorities are the wrong way round.
I won't be buying it, that's for sure.

Do cyberlink have any intentions of supporting these virtual reality headsets any time in the future?

OLED screen, 3D with no crosstalk and no loss of brightness, low persistence screens with global refresh.

it sounds like a dream screen for watching films as well as games, especially 3D.
My 980ti supports it!
Here's the cnet link....
http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/powerdvd-16/

It has to get converted to analogue at some point Korrigan.

Using your same logic I suppose we'll have to buy standalone 4K ultra bluray players to be able to get cyberlink to 'play' 4K Blurays?

You've obviously not thought this one through.

Your argument should be that there is no point in powerdvd as you can buy a Blu-Ray players and AV receivers.

So basically no point in buying powerdvd.
Cyberlink need to drop these annual greedy updates as they bring nothing to the table.

Bring a new version out when you have something new to put in it, not just because it's 'that time of year again'

How much is this very expensive atmos decoder?
How many are there that want atmos decoding to analogue?
Ahh you don't know.
Your entire argument is based on assumption and justifying your own purchase as per usual.

The last thread got over 10000 views. I guess none of them wanted atmos decoding eh?

What if they don't support 4K bluray because not enough of 'there kind'

If they thought about that with all the features cyberlink have implemented before they would have a product and definitely wouldn't be filling a niche!

Pffffff you know how the story goes.....

same as last version....and the version before......

Give your customers what they want cyberlink, Dolby atmos and DTSX decoding to analogue!

Can you at least give us your reasoning behind not supporting it so we don't have to have these ridiculous threads every year!

What a disappointment!
The review for powerdvd 16 on cnet said....

" a CyberLink representative confirmed to me that the software will support 4K Blu-ray once PC hardware becomes available (and the Blu-ray Disc Association releases a PC-based standard)."

Have you got a link Peter. I can't seem to find any info on it.

It's so disappointing that no employee has come on this thread (and the powerdvd14 thread) to straighten the record.
I had a bad dream last night. In remote powerdvd 16 came out and it didn't support Dolby atmos or UHD 4K Bluray.

What a nightmare!
I know how cyberlink loves customer feature request threads (joke) so I thought I would make another.

VR is launching in less than a week. Preorders for the oculus rift (recently bought by Facebook for 2-3billion) are now backed up until August and the HTC vive's preorders are also back up until May/June depending on the country.

Will powerDVD support the VR headsets?

They should be amazing for watching movies on, OLED screens and zero crosstalk, full brightness 3D being the standout features.

does powerdvd support VR?

will powerdvd be supported in steams virtual picture mode?

Will Dolby atmos headphone tech be incorporated for pseudo 360 sound?

anyone tried it or have any info on support etc ?
My guess is we are less ha a month a way from powerdvd 16.
Into really hope it supports 4K Blu-ray Discs and of course Dolby atmos decoding to analogue.
Would be nice to have DTSX support too.

Hopefully after all these years and threads about the subject, cyberlink will come through with the goods.

Quote: More than double is not enough money to offset their costs. ATMOS decoding licenses are not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

You and Michael seem to know a lot about Dolby atmos licenses. How much are they exactly? I can't seem to find any info and you seem to know it all!

Quote: You could save yourself a ton of money by not buying active speakers and instead buying a good AVR and good passive speakers. You do not need balanced outputs for ATMOS.

Well a Ferrari drive could save himself a lot of money buying a lada but that's hardly the point.

Theres a reason 99% of recording studio/mastering studios/production houses use active speakers. They sound better.

Quote: You can buy an excellent Denon or Onkyo unit for a LOT less than that. If you bought straight from the manufacturer and therefor paid the highest price possible, the 5200W will only run you £1699.

Or powerdvd can support the latest Dolby and DTS formats in exactly the same way they have been for the last decades. (I.e decode to analogue)

The DAC's on DVR's aren't much cop either, especially for music. Then there's the cheaper components, software crossovers, noise from components being too close together. I could go on but I've covered this at least twice already in this thread and the powerdvd14 one.

Quote:
Most people still use the speakers in their TV for sound. Doubt that? Before you do, first ask yourself how many people listen to MP3s on their IPOD instead of CDs or Vinyl. Then ask yourself how lazy you think most people are and if they are actually going to run wires across the living room (or through walls) to put up even a 5.1 system. Then ask yourself how many of these people will know that reflective speakers exists so they do not have to cut holes in the ceiling (though dedicated ceiling speakers are superior - as anyone who has researched ATMOS would know).

you're making sweeping generalisations and huge assumptions. You might hang around with people like that but you can't judge everyone the same.

The people you are talking about aren't one of the people who have viewed this thread 8000 times.

Quote: After asking yourself those questions, you will realize that yes, most people still use the TV speakers for their sound. Of those who upgrade, most move to a sound bar that simulates surround sound and think it is wonderful.

see above response.

Quote: Now you are demanding a company spend a lot of money to add a feature that almost no one will use. Decoding ATMOS is not the same providing ATMOS encoded sound - so the comparison many make to games is useless. Games have encoded sound, they require you do have something to decode ATMOS, such as an AVR. In this way they are just like movies.

I can't be bothered to go into why your wrong on so many levels., This has been explained to you already by another poster.

Quote: Putting ATMOS in PDVD is just as silly as restoring HD-DVD to PDVD. Unless a large buyer tells Cyberlink they want it added, it will never be added.

if they don't, there is no point in buying it, there's is no point in powerdvd at all, might aswell just use vlc
Hey Michael.
It's not 1995 any more. People don't sit there on their 14" CRT monitors with their sound blaster stereo soundcard.

I'd pay quite a bit for powerdvd with atmos and DTS X
They could make it an add on charge for people that want it.

They do have different versions with different features you know Michael.
If you don't want the features get the cut down version. Simple.

You also don't have to cut holes in your ceiling for atmos, but I'm sure you know that already.
Fact is why didn they bother implementing 5.1 and 7.1 to analogue if everyone uses stereo?

It's ok for 5.1 and 7.1 but 7.1.4 is too many speakers?
Your argument defies logic.

You think you need a powerful PC to render object based audio? Games have been doing it for years. That's while rendering the gfx, physics, AI in real time. with Atmos/DTSX movie playback wouldn't need to do it to be such low latency and they could 'look ahead' if required (which it isn't)

Michael, you've never heard of active speakers? Speakers with amps in? Those movies you are watching were mixed on active speakers.

Now how much would I pay? Quite a lot actually, seeing I would need to spend £2000 on a pre pro that support atmos and DTSX and has balanced outputs.
I'd pay more than double let's put it that way.
So would a hell of a lot of other people judging by this thread.

You shouldn't post on threads you clearly don't properly understand. There's a reason why this thread has had so many views, and it isn't because everyone is watching films on their PC in stereo, that's for sure.

Wow. Over 8000 views, more than double any other thread on these forums.
Imagine how stupid cyberlink would be if they didn't implement dolby atmos decoding to analogue in powerdvd 16!

Let's see how far cyberlink has their finger from their pulse! Will they listen to their customers?
Maybe they've been reworking an amazing cloud app that no one cares for or uses instead....like last time.

There was a Dolby atmos to analogue thread for powerdvd 14 too. Just ignored like this one.

How long is it going to take cyberlink? Are you finally going to come through with atmos (and DTS X) to analogue in your next version?

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what you customers want and it's not apps and ipad streaming, that's for sure!

Go to: