Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi therenext problem.
Just installed a new Audio Interface<Tascam US-2x2>
It can record in AD using a computer generated Voice with no problem.
But I cant to do a live voice recording.
When I try to record on my microphone, it shows a red line on the time line, but no sound wave. It's blank.
I noticed that when I record the mic, it also engages the Mute button automatically.
Same thing when I hit Solo.
I can get playback on the interface but cant get it to record.
I tried every configuration possible, same results.
It shows that it records, but there is no sound wave.
Whats wrong?

Thanx
OK here is what helped me.

Its not as an elegant a solution as I would like but its a patch.
And a good one.

From the original PD timeline produce a low quality work copy, mp4 of the film.
Now you can get into AD with that.
Record diolog in AD, get it as close as you can to original.
Now produce AD mp3 or whatever u like.
Produce AUDIO ONLY
And there u have it.
Audio will be there and PD ready to do ur final cuts in original timeline.

Hope this helps someone. I do Machinima Animation and for me its a work around.

Cheers
Quote Hello AgedRebel123,

I believe you may be a little confused about formats, even though you've obviously used the round-trip process many times before.

.pds files are PowerDirector project files. These can only be opened by PDR & cannot be opened or imported into ADR.

.ads files are AudioDirector project files and cannot be opened by or imported into PDR.

Both ADR & PDR can import compatible video & audio formats, such as .mp4, .mts, .mov (video) & .wav, .mp3, .m4a (audio).

In PDR, you can select any video or audio clip and send it to ADR for editing & adjustment. That's what you've been doing previously.

PIX

But thats what I want to avoid. I dont want to produce till I have a final cut. Obviously. If I produce an mp4 I can get it into
ADR, but then I am locked into the cut.I need to be able to move around there freely before I committ to a final cut.
But I guess thats the way the cooki crumbles.

Thanx
Quote That is not possible.You have two options:

1. You have to produce the video first, then load the produced video in AudioDirector.

2. Since it is pretty useless, get another software.

Hatti

Thank you so much. You are a wealth of information.

One last question:
Are there earlyer Versions of PD and Audio Director available?
I like the program but the newer Versions simply dont work for a Film Maker.
What are they thinking?
I never had a problem with older Versions. Everything was integrated and fast.
I want my old stuff back!!!
Quote In edit mode: View - SVRT information
In the Timeline: right mouse click - Show SVRT Track
in Producing: Fast Video rendering technology - SVRT

Hatti

Thank you very much.Another PD16 secret revealed.

Now If I could fig out how to get my whole film that I shot in PD16 pds format into Audio Director so I can actually use it, that be awesome. So far I managed to get a single scene in it. Not the whole film. And even at that I cant see the Video window in the Mix room. That makes it pretty useless.

This used to be so easy. Now I am so lost, its pathetic.
Quote Hello,

Can you be more specific about the functions you are referring to?

To ensure you have the latest version, just launch the CyberLink Application Manager and check for and download the updates. I believe you can access it here if you don't have it installed anymore:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/manage-subscription.do?lang=ENU&affid=2581_0_712

And here is an FAQ about the application manager if you have any questions about it:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16749

David

Thanx for getting back to me.

I dont see the True Velocity function for example, even though its supposed to be part of PD16.
Unless its hidden real well. Inwich case it be a mistake because its the only one useful in this whole upgrade.
For some reason I cant get Audio Director to import PowerDirector 16 pds. files.
Seems strange, since I just shot a whole movie in PD16 pds format
I remember where we could just send Video and Sound back and forth from Audio to Video at the push of a button.
What happened to that idea?
Right now I got a Rough cut of a Film, trying to get it into Audio Director to do Dialog and music. To bring it back into PD16 for final cut and producing it. However, Audio Director doesnt recognize the PD16 pds format.
Whats wrong?
Please help.
Thanx
Hi I have noticed that there seems to be some functions missing.
Is there an upgrade available even though I use a subscription for PD16?

Thank you.
Thanx for trying to help.

There was something most definitely wrong with the uploader. How do I know?

I just produced and uploaded another clip and this time with no problems.

And the link to the webmaster to report such problems was dead too.

So all is well now.
To my account at Directorzone. Is there another place to upload?

In the past it automatically uploaded to my account when I produced something in Power Director.

Thanx for trying to help.
Even though I got an e-mail informing me that a video was uploaded, it is nowhere to be found.

The webmaster link to report such a problem is dead too.

Perhaps somebody can look into this and fix it.

Thanx
Go to: