Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi!
just bought powerdirector 16 (upgrade from 12). i have downloaded the PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1,2,3 packs as well but honestly i don't understand what they are and if the content is already available in PD16 without any further action, since they were installed in a different directory with respect to PD16 main software

thanks!
I am trying PD16 demo, currently using version 12.

i am VERY SURPIRSED that, afte 4 versions, i still cannot do a simply automatic crossfade while holding control and dropping a clip in-between two other clips.

like this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EE4e6ZCP5BH2AzD73
Quote Looks like I am beating a dead horse, but here goes.

As I see it:

There must be 20 or more editing programs competing with PD. Justifiably, PD has consistently appeared in the top 3. That is mostly due to incorporating innovative features like 360 video in PD15, that nobody else had at the time.

I too joined PD because of these innovations, namely shadow files, something that Pinnacle did not have at the time. This in spite of a new learning curve.

PD is now a mature product, PD16 did not generate the excitement of previous versions and many of he competitors now offer the same features to edit and produce videos.

So PD increases market share by offering their product at a very competitive price rather than past major innovations like SRVT,use of GPU for rendering, proxy editing, Blu Ray and 360 just to name a few.

Those innovations caused many editors to abandon their products and join the ranks of mostly satisfied PD users.

Why not keep that tradition alive by adding UHD, nobody else has it (yet).

A major problem is that many PD users are not aware that their PC's are fast enough to create regular UHD BR discs if they are capable of editing and burning HD BR discs, without stuttering (using shadow files). The step from HD to UHD is a small one, far less than fro SD to HD. All it takes is more processing time, NOT MORE PROCESSING POWER.

Why not make it a plug in, sold as an addition, that way only users would pay. And there must be thousands of potential PD customers that are now using competitive products, judging by the comments I read on competitors forums.

Quoting an other PD user:

Creating a compliant UHD BD structure is not a big change from normal BD. There are some headers and meta differences to allow players to know it is a UHD BD Disc and of course it will be 265 encoded ( that PD already does).

Why not be bold, do it. And see your sales skyrocket!!

So, if 4K UHD Blu Ray might be in your future, even a year from now, why not ask for it now?

Eugene

Please comment.

... and still there is no way to organize clips in folder in the media view window. beside very small enhancement that could make video arrangement and editing a lot easier.

will upgrade from PD12 to PD16 mainly for the actino cam features (lens correction above all...) but still i think there is much more potential to exploit in this software

• Folders in media library

Hatti

still a PD12 user here, and will upgrade to PD16 mainly for the action cam feature / lens correction.

but I'm surprised to see that there is still no folder implementation in media library after 4 version..

i think this is a very necessary feature so i really hope it will be implemented in PD17.
Quote Hi,

everybody knows that a version of PD 16 can be found on the web since a month.

but today it's official PD 16 is out and we can buy it.

here is a link (in French) about official launch w/ Color Director 6, AudioDirector 8 and prices in €uros.

official PD 16 french Press launch

Good!
waiting for the italian version and for good discount for the upgrade from PD12!
will upgrade to PD16 from PD12... hope it will be released soon!

i need the action cam tool for lens correction!
still a PD12 user here, but now i need the lens correction funcion...

i hope PD16 will be out soon... is there any expectation for the release date?
still a PD12 user, here

waiting for powerdictor 16... will it be out this autumn?
Quote i currently have cyberlink 12 and i was looking for 15 upgrade.

however, there are still some workflow issues that you should add before i consider to upgrade.i have the following suggestions:

1) when you drag a clip and use ald-drop to create an auto-crossfade between the clips, this function do not work if the current clip is superimposed to TWO other clips, one before and one after the moved clip.this is really very annoying. why the auto-crossfade do not work if i ovelap a clip with two other clips?? there is no reason!!

2) "shift" a clip already placed in the timeline: if i already placed a clip into the timeline and i want to start or end it from a different time, i have to delete or move the clip, re-edit the start/ending time and reinsert it again into the timeline position. what is really annoying is that if you have already placed two crossfades 8at the beginning/end) , you have to re-create also these crossfade manually (see point 1, the auto crossfade will not work!) if you manage to insert a function to "slide" the starting point of the current clip it all would be much much easier.

Also, give the possibility to organise the media files in folders.
i currently have cyberlink 12 and i was looking for 15 upgrade.

however, there are still some workflow issues that you should add before i consider to upgrade.i have the following suggestions:

1) when you drag a clip and use ald-drop to create an auto-crossfade between the clips, this function do not work if the current clip is superimposed to TWO other clips, one before and one after the moved clip.this is really very annoying. why the auto-crossfade do not work if i ovelap a clip with two other clips?? there is no reason!!

2) "shift" a clip already placed in the timeline: if i already placed a clip into the timeline and i want to start or end it from a different time, i have to delete or move the clip, re-edit the start/ending time and reinsert it again into the timeline position. what is really annoying is that if you have already placed two crossfades 8at the beginning/end) , you have to re-create also these crossfade manually (see point 1, the auto crossfade will not work!) if you manage to insert a function to "slide" the starting point of the current clip it all would be much much easier.
thanks i'll try it!
i would like to realize an animation like the maps in the indiana jones films: a line that is drawn between two locations with a map on the background. the line should not be straight because it must follow the path / road on the map.
is it possible with power director 12?
thanks!
Is it possible to organize the media clips into folders?
for example, i shoot several clips during a trip in different locations, and it could be very convenient to organize them in powerdirector media bin in separate folders.
thx!
Go to: