Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If I may Reply to my own Thread, just to Update with additional information (part of which may help others), I have made some progress - and some not, heh.

The progress was made by figuring out what was messing with the in-program-uploading of the Photos to DirectorZone (Exporting and Sharing to DirectorZone from within Photodirector) - it was a program called Video Downloader Ultimate (which came free with some other disc burning program package purchased in the past). This program created an internal Proxy in Windows 10 (loopback with different Port). It seems to be how this program was handling Downloads of videos (eg. vimeo, twitter) and sorting them, etc. --(Proxy info/panel shown in Attachment 1)

While relatively harmless (the 'proxy' just pointed to myself), I Uninstalled that program and Photodirector managed to Connect to DirectorZone, from within PhotoDirector! cool

The only problem now is, the Photo that was Shared is not showing up in my DirectorZone Profile (Feed, Photos, etc).

To see if it made any difference - and to try out the newest version to see how it was - I downloaded and Installed the Demo version of Photodirector 11 and tried to Upload the Photo from within PhotoDirector 11 to DirectorZone ...directly. It logged into DirectorZone much 'cleaner', showing the Login and then Proceeding to let me Upload it, the message panel showing and closing on its' own - everything seemed to 'work' in PhotoDirector 11 (as opposed to PhD9) - but the Photo still does not seem to appear on my DZ profile/pages...

So, I have made some progress - finding out what program was interfering with PhotoDirector - but have only made it about 3/4 of the way there (to 'sharing a photo to DZ from within PhDr). Just updating... and perhaps this information can help others that might run into something similar (the program above may be causing issues for you). I'm still open to any input of course, if anyone has any more. Thanks!
Quote Nothing to do with the version. PhD9 won't be getting any more patches but it'll continue to be supported for many years.

Given that you aren't able to reach Cyberlink through a couple of different avenues, that implies it's something with your PC or ISP, although clearly you're able to reach the forum. Can you reach the website with your phone when it's connected to Wi-Fi and/or on the cellular network?

Try opening up a command window (type cmd in search) and enter ping 72.52.91.54 then hit Enter. Do you get a response?

Ah, nice to know it's still Supported then.

Pinged in 40ms. I also noticed in Performance Monitor that it 'tries' to connect to that IP (it shows up in the Remote Address area for PhotoDirector9.exe) but odd that the program itself can't 'get there' (the loading/buffering circle thingy shows up and moves around but it doesn't get past that). I might try installing it to a different Location perhaps.

The website finally started working, heh. So odd...
Quote These kinds of issues come up pretty often (mostly with PowerDirector), and there doesn't seem to be a universal cause.

Sometimes people have gotten it to work by uninstalling/reinstalling the app; sometimes setting the default brower to IE made a difference; sometimes they've tweaked their AV/firewall, etc.

You haven't mentioned if you're running through a proxy server or VPN. Another thing to try is to change the DNS server in case there's a domain resolution issue with your current provider.

A quick way to see if packets are flowing back and forth is to bring up Task Manager then click on Resource Monitor at the bottom of the Performance tab. Take a look at the Network details when you launch PhD, and you should see several data streams to different addresses like this:

My guess is that one or more connections from PhD aren't getting through, and there might be enough info in that window to help you narrow down what might be causing the problem.

A lot of great info thanks!

I haven't really played with my Firewall since installing Windows 10, but I did check it to make sure that it was letting it through... I added the PhotoDirector executables manually and Allowed them. Unfortunately it didn't help.

I reinstalled the program, rebooted, etc; but sadly that didn't help either.
Oddly, when I went to Update it, the Downloader for the update couldn't connect to Cyberlink (attachment 1).
Then, when I went to the Website directly, to get the Update file, it couldn't connect to Cyberlink's Website (attachment 2).

...I think I'll wait a while and try all this again next week sometime, it seems perhaps they are having some issues from my Region or something (obviously the internet works fine other than their website). So odd. Hopefully it will be working later on.

I just had a thought - perhaps they are not Supporting PhotoDirector 9 anymore? Since it is two versions back, maybe they are dropping it? I personally don't know how things work here, just contemplating out loud...
In the end, I might Upgrade to PhotoDirector 11 if I can spare the money, anyway.

If my brain will remember, I'll check this Thread and/or come back to Update later on, what fixed/happened/etc.
~T
Quote Hello Tesityr,

Sign in via PhD9 seems to be working here, not that that's of any help to you. I was just able to sign in within PhD9 to upload this preset to DirectorZone.

You might try going to your PhD Preferences and, under the DirectorZone tab, signing out then signing in again. If you've already done that & it failed, let us know.

PIX

Thank you for your reply, but I was not signed into DirectorZone in the Preferences (so I cannot sign-out, as your suggestion).
I could not sign in when Sharing a Photo (Export button) nor in the Preferences under DirectorZone (both).

Thanks though.

I might try re-installing PhotoDirector next.
I checked Windows Firewall and there are no entries blocking it - I might try adding one manually to Allow.
Odd little issue.
Just wondering if I'm missing something, since I can't seem to 'login' to DirectorZone from within Photodirector 9 (to share photos/templates/etc).

I can log into the Website directly in a browser, but within the program the Login screen comes up but clicking "Next" does nothing...
This is from the Main Share Menu or the Preferences Menu or the Export Menu.

Thanks for any ideas

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I've tried Resetting the Password, but this made no difference/progress
Quote Are you talking about a transition or an effect? Transitions are only the length you specify in the preferences, and they can only be dragged onto the leading or trailing edge of one clip (or the common edge of two adjoining clips). It isn't possible for them to affect any other clips.

If you apply a blur effect (FX) to the FX track, it will affect everything on the tracks above that track, but I'm not sure if that's what you're describing.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to use the screen recorder and capture what's happening, then put it straight on YouTube and post the link here using this button:

That would be a really helpful step for helping you

Point Form as there are errors Replying for some reason:

• Transition, not FX. It affects any Tracks 'behind' it (Tracks higher up on the Timeline). I would like it to apply to only the Track I applied it to.

• Screenshot attached:

• Track 1. is background

• Track 2. is some of left side

• Track 3. is some of right side

• As seen, the Transisition is affecting Track 2 and Track 1 - I only want it to affect Track 2 where it is placed

Thank you for your efforts however

Yes, I had ended up using Avidemux. Project done.

It will remain a mystery as to me why a video edit program can't do something as simple as allow lossless splicing.

Thanks for your response.

If I may, perhaps send this to CyberLink as a "Suggestion" - although this is more of an Editing program, as opposed to a simpler crop/trim program - there should still be an Option or Setting somewhere for "use original codec/bitrate" or "do not transcode" or something similar... I agree!
Just wondering if I'm missing something somewhere - I am trying to apply a Transition to only one element/clip - but when I drag the Transition down to the element, it applies it to EVERYTHING surprised As in, everything below the Track gets blurred (all Tracks)...

I only want to Blur the one Track - and no other Tracks - is this possible in PowerDirector?

Thanks for any ideas
Update:

If I may pop back in with an Update, I tried to install the PhotoDirector Essentials, intending on installing it to a different partition, so as not to conflict with the PhotoDirector Ultra I purchased and installed already - and a message came up stating that continuing would UNINSTALL the PhD9 and then Install the PhD Essentialls... Needless to say I cancelled it, for now.

Just adding this in case it might help others - it seems you cannot have both installed on the same system (potential conflicts, etc).

Thanks again for all the help!
Quote Oh! I'd forgotten about PhD9 Essential.

I suppose it would indeed meet most basic requirements for quick edits.

Basic global adjustments & presets, crop & red eye removal, watermarks, slideshows, export options, RAW & high DPI support, There's a cut-down list of features that apply after the 30-day trial attached.

Please note, this is quite a different app to PhD Mobile which has a number of extra features.

PIX

Ah, I see - thank you for all the effort you put into that - very helpful.

I might try it! Becoming a fan of CL's programs, even if this can just do some crop/save level functions, I'll be able to at least use it and 'stay in the family' heh (at least until I try PhotoDirector Mobile)
Quote Have an own look at your URL.
The Essential version is just a somewhat crippled version with most of the functions as a 30 day demo.

Hatti

Thanks but I was wondering more about the built-in features of it, if it could be utilized as a simple 'crop/save' sort of program, when needed.

Thank you for your warning, though
If I may pop back in, would "PhotoDirector Essential" perform these functions easily? Or is it just a Time Demo?

Found at:
https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product/free-zone/enu/free-software-static.jsp
Quote Hello Tesityr,

Welcome to the PhD forum laughing

I'm aware that some companies (CyberLink competitors) are doing this, but generally as separate apps.

You may or may not know that PhotoDirector Mobile can run on PC or Mac & would almost certainly meet your "quick edit" needs.

PIX

Thank you - what, really? Wow, that'd be great!

I never thought of that at all because I see "mobile" and I assume 'phones/tablets'...

I do like PhotoDirector a lot, it is quite powerful; I was merely looking for something for small/quick jobs. This might be it!

Thanks again! cool
If I may make a Suggestion, many times users just want to:

• Paste From Clipboard

• Add Some Effects

• Save (export) to a graphic file

With the way PhotoDirector currently operates, this is impossible.

New Projects (created by clicking on FILE, which takes a long time to respond?) creates new Directories and saves everything in them - which is GREAT and useful for returning to Projects and continuing them, backing them up and much more - however, all of this takes time in PhotoDirector...

If there was an "Express Mode" or "Quick Edit" process, where users can simply open PhotoDirector, Paste, Add a couple Overlays and Save - this would be a great asset to PHD and open the market up a bit more, where users currently have to utilize different programs for this.

(I personally use another software for importing the clipboard and saving it, not using PhotoDirector unless I want to take the time to Edit/Create larger projects)

I tried going to Create or Layers but none of these locations have a simple "import from Clipboard/Paste" function.

It would be nice to have PhotoDirector become the 'capable of everything' "go to" program for all editing needs!
At this time however, it is too unwieldy for simple, fast editing and saving...

Just a Suggestion - I am loving PhotoDirector so far!
Quote Hello Tesityr,

PhD cannot export in .ICO format, but you can easily convert a .JPG to .ICO using the right graphics software.

PIX

Thanks, Pix.

I was wondering if I was missing something - thanks for letting me know that I wasn't...

Yes, I plan on using another software program to Export ICO for some Icons then (after making them look nice in PhotoDirector, heh - I am enjoying PhD more now, since I figured out the Layers section, with Cropping and Blending/Fading/etc).

Thanks again!
Just wondering if PhotoDirector (9 if it helps) can Export to ICO, the 'standard' format for Windows Desktop Icons (for the Shortcuts).

I looked around but didn't see it - I thought maybe I am missing something (or perhaps it cannot, which is fine, I am just wondering).

I did a quick Search here in this Forum and didn't see anything on this specifically, so I thought I'd ask...

Thanks
Thank you for the input, everyone - initially, I had a Logo that had dimensions that were only the size of the Logo - and when I applied FX to it, the FX were 'cut off' (the 'glow' went out only a little bit then 'ended in the air').

So, I created a logo with a canvas/dimensions beyond the logo itself, to the size of the entire Project (1080p).

It seems then, that BVR has the closest explanation; however, it shows an unfortunate aspect - the FX cannot be applied "only to the Track they are placed on" (as it affects all Tracks 'under' it, as in, clips and sources are layered and the logo was placed last, 'on top' of everything)...

Perhaps this is something for CyberLink's Suggestion Box...
(Asking to have an option to apply an FX only to the Track or Clip it is applied to)
Just wondering if it is possible to apply an FX to only one Clip/Track - the one that I attach it to...

Example:

• I have a background and a logo, each on a Track (1st and 2nd Tracks).

• If I drag the "Glow" Effect to the Logo, which is on the 2nd Track,

• The 'GLOW FX' is applied to ALL Tracks (the Background 'glows' as well - 'everything GLOWS')

I would like to apply the 'Glow FX' to only the Clip/Track I dragged it onto.

Is this possible with PowerDirector 16?
Is there something I am missing (a setting somewhere)?

Thanks for any ideas!
Quote Hi,
To be clear, for two audio streams, you do NOT have to import it into AudioDirector first. Just place the video file on the timeline and then right click on it.
David

Oh, I see. This is then mainly for videos that already have multiple tracks...

It's not quite the "combining multiple audio sources" (like 1. game recording, 2. mic input, 3. skype output) but it should work for say, video files that have multiple Language Tracks.

Still - thanks again, it will be useful.
Hello,

PowerDirector can do this for some video file formats. MKV and WTV for sure, but not sure about MP4 formats.

See the post I made here for more details: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64556.page#post_box_294219

David

Thank you - awesome!

So all it takes is using AudioDirector (if you have it) and importing it back into PowerDirector (and you have to use those formats/containers for StandAlone files)... this is so great, I was hoping I was wrong - thanks for sharing this, I'll have to try it sometime cool
Go to: