Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Well...

I uninstalled PD 17 and kept the Application Manager. At that point, it successfully installed PD 365 (again) but this time it brought along PD 18 for the ride.

I hope going forward that the Application Manager won't get hung again on further upgrades. But that's where I was hitting this wall.
Hi all,

Wow, sorry for the terribly basic question, but I've downloaded - via the Cyberlink Application Manager - the 'Motion Graphic Titles', but they aren't showing up in my app (PD 17 is the splash screen that starts up).

Then I see they're only available for PD 18. I thought with PD 365 I would always be updated and upgraded. Is that wrong?

Do I need to have PD 18 for the Motion Graphic Titles, and if so, how best to get PD 18?

Thanks much!

Eric

I am sorry, buying a GTX1070Ti just for video editing is a total waste of money. Those cores will sit idle 99.9% the time, encoding is not using them. There is a separate ASIC that does decoding/encoding, and that's the same in all the 10xx series, except the 1030 that has the encoding part canceled.
So a GTX 1050 is doing the exact same job as that 1070Ti in video editing. This is more about that nvidia ASIC:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC

And the same about the AMD one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine

Same with SSD, in most of the editing is just a waste. Sure, you can push the "enveope" a little bit but is nothing two HDD in RAID 1 (or higher) can't handle.
A good CPU helps to a point. But after that you will hit other bottlenecks, like RAM memory (number of channels), PCIe latencies... I have mentioned this aspect too since PD14 probably, tested various other editors and believe me, that are all the same or even worse.

Same thing just happened to me. Upgraded from 14 to 17 now getting @20% cpu utilization on all eight threads. Pathetic.
Oh boy, ok, I have it working again, we'll see if it holds. Uninstalling/reinstalling did not work. I did a system restore on my computer to three days earlier and thankfully that worked. Just bizarre.

If you're interested, I attached two screen shots. #1 is a working sample, #2 is the broken PD12. Notice in #2 the audio waveform is grayed out (or ghosted as some describe).

In both cases, the audio file always played fine from the library. Only the timeline was the issue. If these screenshots tip anyone off as to what I was missing, I'm anxious to hear.

Thanks as always!
Barry, I haven't but I think I will go ahead with that. I was hoping someone had encountered this and it was an easy fix. Interestingly when I produce the video, the sound is there. Small consolation though. I'm wondering if some bug in 2930 has reared its head. Ok, I will report back on the reinstall.
Addendum: After repeating my troubleshooting above, now that's not working either. It no longer matters what I do, audio does not play from my timeline, but continues to play loud and clear from the library preview... sigh...

I rebooted my computer too just to make sure something else hadn't caused the snag. Didn't help. Also, no other applications or software is running that could possibly be causing a conflict.

And one final point, any other project I open now exhibits the same problem.
Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of a huge project and in a split second I've been stopped cold - all my audio tracks have gone stone silent in my timeline preview playback. Here's how it happened.

The moment I previewed an audio file in my library, all sound on my timeline ceased to play audibly from that moment. The audio continues to play normally if I preview the file from the library, but anything and everything on my timeline is 100% muted. Yes, I've checked all my audio settings probably 50 times including the mixer, volume control points, etc.

So I tried to duplicate the problem using a brand new project and succeeded. If I start a new project, import an audio file into the library and immediately drag it into the timeline without previewing it in the library first, it plays fine from the timeline. But the moment I preview any audio file from the library, all timeline tracks go silent, regardless of whether I dragged that file into my timeline. Worse, if I close my project (yes it was saved before I was aware) and reopen it, no dice.

Has anyone encountered this? How can I get audio to play from my timeline again? I am sunk !!!
Many thanks Tony,

Yes, I was a bit confused (still am actually) as to which forum to post in since it appears there's a full fledged ColorDirector module that's sold separately for around $130. So I wanted to make sure this issue was in front of PD12 users in addition to only those who own the full copy of ColorDirector.

I don't even know if I'm making sense, ha!

Thanks again!

Eric
Hi Tony,

Thanks very much for the scoop, very relieved to hear Cyberlink is aware and on the case!

Eric
Hi,

I did a search for this, and found this same issue in the ColorDirector forum. But I'm thinking that forum addresses the full ColorDirector module, not simply this one feature embedded in PD12. So just to be sure, I'm posting the issue here so the right people are seeing this.

Very simply, when I apply a Color Effect to a clip (say Sunny Day) then decide against it and uncheck it (deselect it), all seems fine until I restart PD12, and voila it's back, even though the menu still shows it unchecked. To rid it again, you can select/deselect Color Effect, but it's fruitless. Saving the file and restarting the program brings the effect right back.

I'm not the only one having this problem, it's well documented in the ColorDirector forum. Just wondering if anyone else has a workaround for this, or has heard anything from Cyberlink about it.

Thanks much!
Same issue here, this is ridiculous. I have also tried numerous workarounds including going into the keyframe menu and removing all keyframes in an attempt to 'reset' the clip back to it's original state, and still no luck. The 'Color Effect' returns by simply closing PD12 and reopening it (after saving your 'fixed' file of course).

Like some of the others, I didn't discover this until I was well down the line, and if the only fix is to remove the buggy clip and replace it, wow, that's major surgery now on a very complicated project I have.

And as a sidebar, when I was trying to shuffle some clips during my trial and error, I also noticed my adjacent sound clip was shifting it's position on the timeline. Well.... I have that track "locked". I thought that meant nothing could cause it to move! Shaking my head......
Hello FPM...

Wow! You've done some digging, thanks for the tips, I will pursue this.

SteveK, it appears you uncovered the issue on your system, so I won't bother with the dxdiag, etc. at this point.

Hi SteveK,

I couldn't agree with you more, that's why I was troubled when you accused FlyingPanMan of being "unreasonable" and criticizing his "attitude". I think he deserves an apology but that's just me.

Ok, 'nuff said. First, I realize FPM is not a gamer, but other people who share this problem seek out these threads and read them, I thought that was self evident. That's how I found this thread. To repeat, I have this same problem. It's entirely possible the next person who finds this thread is a gamer; that's why I'm trying to establish the best solution for everyone concerned.

And by that definition, and my own personal experience, the best solution was the one offered by PapidoFrance, and it works without potentially compromising any other part of your system. None of this is to say your advice is not appreciated - it is, and I thank you and people like you who try to help.

Also, I think your suggestion to complain to Nvidia is great. But we'll just agree to disagree on what role Cyberlink has. Ultimately it's their code, and they have the power to block third-party ads from polluting their customer's work. They should be an advocate for their customers when someone crosses the line. Heck, for all we know this cold have been an agreement between the two companies and money could be changing hands here - another reason to protest to Cyberlink. I work in the industry, and ad placement is big business. I would be stunned if Cyberlink was unaware or didn't care some company was placing ads in their software.

Thanks again for making yourself available to help others!

Fantastic, glad it worked for you. I should have posted the link to it, but obviously you found it! Enjoy!

Daf,

I see your points, and certainly there are situations where rolling back the driver makes sense, especially if it causes a system-wide issue.

But in this case, PapidoFrance had the correct solution (simply uncheck the hardware acceleration option) yet SteveK not only kept insisting to roll back the driver, but I felt he became very condescending in the process, and I felt bad for FlyingPanMan.

I'll just back up my thinking with two points. First, if the new driver was indeed solving problems in other areas, say he was a gamer, then what do you do? That's why I felt rolling back should be a last resort, especially since the other, better solution had already been presented.

Second, it seemed as if SteveK was completely absolving Cyberlink from any culpability. Ok, if Nvidia's logo starts showing up on everyone's Microsoft Word Docs, doesn't it stand to reason people are going to be contacting Microsoft telling them to rewrite their code to block Nvidia from such nefarious activity? Or at the very least MS would be compelled to tell Nvidia to knock it off.

I think that is the same expectation people have of Cyberlink when a third party shows up and starts hacking around.

That's all I was trying to say, it's all good, thanks for chiming in!

Eric
Are you aware 2726 has been released? I'm using a GTX 760 and things are working reasonably well. If you are depending on PD12 to alert you to the release, I'm not sure how long the delay is before PD12 will pop a message up.

Give it a shot!

Eric
Wow! I know this is an aging thread, but I am flabergasted by Stevek's response. FlyingPanMan is absolutely correct. I ran into the same problem, and I could not agree with him more. Nvidia crossed the line by slapping on their logo without permission and without an easy way to opt out it. We work our tails off trying to make highly personal and highly professional videos, and nobody has a right to pollute our work, especially those with whom we have already patronized with our hard-earned cash.

As for Cyberlink, they too are culpable and should have to answer for this. If you are the landlord of an apartment building and a tenant is too noisy, sure the victims of their rude behavior are free to deal with them directly, but ultimately it is the landlord's responsibility to maintain order and enforce reasonable and customary principles.

Suggesting someone roll back the latest drivers is absurd. That's not a solution, it's a workaround and encourages people to remain silent rather than speak up and make their feelings known to the perpetrators.
It does seem better now, progress!!
By the way, I should have mentioned, I *do* have my timeline frame rate set to 30fps (NTSC). But I did just now set my "Use drop frame timecode" to "No" and that helped a little. The highlighted hashmarks make a bit more sense, but the in-between hasmarks are still spaced very oddly and it remains frustrating.
Hey Tony,

Thanks for your help. Indeed, you pointed me in the directions I was looking for, but even employing your advice has proven way more difficult then I ever imagined, especially after using the common sense and intuitive interface of Pinnacle over years past. Please forgive me, but I need to vent because I'm at the point now where I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe.

First, I cannot believe there is not an option to link the H and W so one can easily maintain the aspect ratio when resizing the image. Yes, you can resize it by grabbing the handles on the wireframe, but you quickly run out of real estate trying to make it larger. Ugh. So now I need to either undock the preview window, make it bigger to give me more room, or shrink the preview quality down to a postage stamp to accomplish the same. Second, why can the user not grab the keypoints at the far ends of the keyframe timeline and move them? Again, that makes no sense to me.

Finally, and this is the most bewildering issue by far. What on earth is the story with that timeline? It's as if I'm living in a Base 10 world and the timeline is marked off in Base 8! Last I checked, there are 30 frames in a second. First, why does the time line highlight bizarre points? (02:11;24, 20:12;19...) Why not 2:11:00, 02:11:15, 02:12:00 with each hashmark representing one frame (assuming you're zoomed in that far doing frame level editing)? When I hover my mouse over the timeline and watch the frames count off while sliding my mouse I see that each hash mark represents 2.5 frames. Huh? That's five frames every two hashmarks. Did I get a European version of PD12? Is this somehow a 25 fps timeline?

I'm just so frustrated right now, I'm ready to jump off a building, sorry for being such a baby!

Eric

Go to: