Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
An update: The application GoldenVideo started to prompt me to buy their software, and I got annoyed. So, I returned the PowerDirector10 to Tiger Direct store. They refunded me. Thats the advantage of buying from brick and mortar, easy returns.

Their technician showed me another bundle - Startechcom that came with video capture cable and GrabBee video capture software. cost $44.

I hooked up my old samsung vhs video recorder to the PC and this one works very well without any issue. I recorded 4 vhs tapes last night.
Steve,

Windows Movie Maker did not recognize/find my camcorder device. I downloaded and tried that for some time, it looks into drives and webcam, but not the camcorder. I moved on as it was taking me nowhere.

There are tons of software to edit or make dvd, but the main problem customer face is first capturing the old VHS video into the computer and that is where Cyberlink has this copyright noise/timelag bug issue while other softwares are doing fine. Why can't Cyberlink fix it, what is their problem?
Ok, I got irritated, I can take it a notch down, now that you see where you jumped to a wrong conclusion.

I was not spamming, I found four threads on the same topic in google search on the issue and I posted to all, if one misses by just reading one thread.

About your question: I faced the issue with my own old VHS tapes yesterday morning, and spent hours trying to search a solution on how to fix it.

About the link, am telling you again that Golden Video is the one currently working for me. I did not buy it, freely downloaded and working. I got a 16 year old clip done yesterday for my son's bday. Here, I used this link http://www.nchsoftware.com/goldenvideos/ and when I clicked download (on the right side with two kids standing) I got a file gvsetup that I installed.

Now main point, all this will not be there, if only Cyberlink fixes the copy right issue so customers like me don't have to go around wasting our time.
REALLY?

Dude, are you a paid troll? I bought it for less than $30 in a local Tiger Direct store just last week. They have dozens of them on their shelf. Can you bet $100, I'd send you a copy of my receipt as a proof of my purchase?

If you don't have that money, then call Tiger Direct store at Hoffman Estates, IL. Here is the number: (866) 310-8020. Ask for Video Editing VHS to DVD software by Kworld, and specifically ask the sales guy, if it comes bundled with Cyberlink Power Director 10 and Media Express 6.5, written All over the back of the box?

Once you do it, then come back to this forum and admit to ALL that you were wrong and take down your ignorant comment. Next time, do some basic home work, before accusing others. DON'T DO IT, OK kid?

I was only trying to help other frustrated customers who are stuck with Cyberlink PD10 and its stupid Copy Right bug message, not expecting you to stick your nose.
Guys, I just bought Power Director 10 from Tiger Direct and experienced the same stupid Copy Right problem with their software. Was about to return it to the shop.

But, I found a software Golden Videos - capture VHS to DVS. It is free - and it works like a charm with the Kworld video capture device that came in the box of the Power Director.

Just download this:

http://www.nchsoftware.com/goldenvideos/kb/1112.html

Now am on my way to transferring all my old vhs to files.

btw. I work with software developers constantly and Cyber Link must fix this issue. It is a P1 Issue, no excuse, so Mr. Scooter am with you and disagree with all other interpretation and escape route for them.

Chris
Guys, I just bought Power Director 10 from Tiger Direct and experienced the same stupid Copy Right problem with their software. Was about to return it to the shop.

But, I found a software Golden Videos - capture VHS to DVS. It is free - and it works like a charm with the Kworld video capture device that came in the box of the Power Director.

Just download this:

btw. I work with software developers constantly and Cyber Link must fix this issue. It is a P1 Issue, no excuse, so Mr. Scooter am with you and disagree with all other interpretation and escape route for them.

Chris

Just download this:

Chris

Just download this:

Chris
Go to: