Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using Dashware to bring in better guages than what Quik can do (and Quik is limited to 60 seconds). Would love to see Cyberlink partner with Dashware to enable the guage data to be imported within PowerDirector. Would make the process much better across the board with much higher quality output.

Spencer Hamons
http://www.youtube.com/bethelhamons
Angel Fire, NM
While it may be true that the Intel Graphics chipset is included with the i7-4770, in my particular situation with an Acer Predator AG3-605-UR22, that has been disabled by the manufacturer, and cannot be enabled without hacking the BIOS. Therefore, I believe it is safe to make the assumption that the integrated graphics are a non-issue. There is no place in any settings, whether at the device manager level, within the graphics subsystem, or the PowerDirector application to select Intel graphics as an option.

As for the second part, considering what I just wrote above, there are no "switchable graphics" on the system.

I do have a ticket with Cyberlink support, but it has not been answered yet. That is why I was attempting this venue for additional insights. So far, it appears that I am the only person who is really experiencing a hard crash with the latest update, so my best solution may be to uninstall / reinstall and only go to the previous patch revision, unless I hear otherwise from Cyberlink Support.

Still on the road, so very limited in what I can do right now. I was able to remote into my PC and pull the device manager info to show the graphics card information, attached.

Sorry for the late response to the previous posts - but I am traveling for work this week.

To clarify a couple of items:

My desktop computer does not have integrated graphics and another PCI-E Graphics card. The only graphics card I have is the NVidia GTX660, so there is no conflict there.

As for the nVidia GPU optimizations, what I mean by that is that I have uninstalled the GEForce Experience Application, and have gone into the nVidia control panel, 3d setttings, and assured that PowerDirector is properly registered and set to us application specific settings.

Although I don't have the Intel / nVidia hybrid platform, I am open to giving the workaround a shot.

Let it be noted that the workaround states that the side effect the workaround is attempting to solve for is: "The preview window becomes a black screen during previewing when hardware decoding is enabled". This is not the behavior I am experiencing. My problem is that with the latest patch, upon attempting to open the "Full Featured Editor", I experience a hard crash. I can't get to a point of using the software to see any odd behaviors other than the crash itself. I have sent crash files to Cyberlink, but not received a response yet.

I get home on Friday and can give the workaround above a shot at that time.

Thanks everyone for weighing in on this. This is the first Cyberlink patch that I have installed in 4 years that has caused a problem.

Spencer
Thanks. Yes, I had done the nVideo GPU optimization and am using the latest GeForce drivers (364.72). I can't go in and turn this back on, because as soon as I launch PowerDirector, it hard crashes, so there is no opportunity to go into the editing settings to reenable GPU acceleration.

Just for notes, rig is:

Intel i7-4770 3.40 GHz
24 GB RAM2 TB SATA Drive primary
GeForce GTX 660 Video Card w driver 364.72
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Is there any way to uninstall this patch, or do I have to do a complete uninstall of the program and reinstall (if so...what a PITA).

With the new patch (2707), whenever I enter "Full Feature Editor", the program completely crashes hard. Filled out the crash report with email and details, but wonder if anyone is getting any feedback from Cyberlink on this. Definitely the worst patch problem I have ever experienced with them.

Anyone with hints while I wait on support is appreciated.

S. Hamons
Looking to change from Pinnacle Studio to PowerDirector, but I want to try it first. Attempting to install PowerDirector 12, build 2230 trial, but I get the following error:

Error 1327.Invalid Drive: P:\

I do have a mapped P:\ drive that links to a NAS. I have my "My Documents" folder linked to the P:\, so I changed that to point back to the standard location on C:\ and I disconnected the drive so that it doesn't show in File Explorer, but something about the install is still seeing P:\.

Any ideas on how to get PowerDirector to install?

Thanks,

Spencer
Angel Fire, NM

Go to: