Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I shot all my video with a Sony handycam AVCHD in 1080P. When i edited the video in PD i saved it in the highest possible quality settings and i love it. It looks great. But...

Its in .mpg format and is 6.7GB and 37 minutes long. I cant burn it or convert it to DVD without ruining the quality. Every single converter i have tried has dropped the size to 2 or less GB. Even the PD DVD burner does this.

My question is how can i burn this HQ .mpg movie to a playable DVD in normal DVD players and maximize the use of a 4.7GB DVD? I bought and tried DVD-R-DL but my burner isnt hapy with DL. So im on basic 4.7GB DVD-R's.

I honestly feel like the quality should be decent at 4.7GB?? What do you think. Thanks.
Thanks tony. I would actually think it would be easier to do the opposite because i have to now create 25 separate titles and open each one individually to change the name. I am probably going to do this but in the case of efficiency and time i still think that PD has a problem with increasing the length of 1 title scene past 10 seconds. Thanks for all your help gentlemen.
Sorry for the late reply, I am using about 25 names. I opened a custom title and tailored it using the ending effect "rotate out". The way i added the names was by using the "insert title" button, double clicking and adding the name. They are all laid out on top of each other but i separated them on when they start using the timeline. The problem is that the timeline is only 10 seconds long and i need this process to last a bit over 2 minutes.
I cant change the duration of a title to run for 2 minutes and some change. By default its like 6 seconds and i am doing some closing credits for a football team where i display the kids names one by one. The closes i got was dragging the title down to the timeline and modifying the duration by right clicking it but the title itslef still only runs for 6 second and loops. Where am i going wrong here? Thanks.
Go to: