Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks so much for the fast feedback, i will give this a go and let you know what worked best!

Thanks
Matt
Hi all. I am a PowerDirector noob so to speak, and have a few questions that i cannot seem to find an answer for in the PD Manual or online anywhere.

Its probably easiest if i explain what I am trying to achieve, and then you can perhaps tell me if this software can/cannot do what I need. Basically, I have several 2 hour long sports games (basketball) that i want to open up, be able to cut out certain scenes (plays) from the game, and then group these plays in different folders depending on the player involved in the play, the end goal being that i can create smaller 'mixtapes' of specific players with several highlight type clips cut form various games. I was thinking the easiest way to do this would be to split the files, get rid of the part of the scene i didnt want, and then drop the clips into a folder or tag under the players name using the 'tag' function. To this point, i have been having a lot of trouble with this seemingly simple task.

Sofar, ive found the 'detect scenes' function to be the closest to what i need. I've been opening a full 2 hour clip, then clicking on 'detect scenes', then once in that window, ive been clicking 'split' button when i see a part of the game that i want to save for later. I go through the whole game, and usually have about 20 split markers. Then once back in the Media Room, i can see all the split files in the menu screen. However, from here, i am not able to put these split files into subgroups, as it wont let me create a folder and the tag function which works on the main Media Room screen doesn't seem to work when dealing with these split files. Maybe if i could get these split files back to the main Media Room page i could then tag them as i need, but it wont seem to let me do that either.

I would ideally love to be able to load up PowerDirector, click on Player A's folder/tag, and have 50 or so highlights sitting there ready to go that i had prepared earlier on. Just wish i knew how to get to this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps im trying to use this program for things that would be better addressed with other software? Any advice on this would be great.
Go to: