Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I bought AVerMedia C027 capture card recently.
Wanted to convert all my analogue tapes into digital format, eg. avi in my Windows 7 (64 bit).

However, after I set my destination folder to my one of the internal harddisk (~ 500GB free space, eg. W:\Video\Convert) and started recording, an error occurred and the pop up box says:
"The disk space required is insufficient. You must free up some disk space by deleting unwanted or temporary files from your system."

This happened randomly, ie, after recording of 1 min 30 sec (~1.3 GB), 7 min (~6.5GB), etc.
But in one occasion it passed 8 min without problem.
Quote:
All of the video formats you have mentioned are editable. Powerdirector will edit all of those formats.

As to AVI vs Mpeg2 HQ, is a matter of taste. The best way to decide on your archive format is to try both formats on the same material and see if you like one over the other.

Mpeg2 has several quality settings and you must use the highest quality format (HQ). HQ is 720x480 @ about 8000 Kbps.

I have done all of my Video Tape transfers as either a DVD or MPEG2 HQ capture.
The capture device I use is a stand alone VHS/DVD recorder that transfers VHS video tape to a DVD disk.

I also have a PCI capture card in the computer that captures VHS video tape via a VCR playback machine.

What PCI capture card are you using?
Or can you suggest a capture card for that purpose at a price ~$70?
Go to: