Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll just put up with the 4x burning speed until they fix it. 6x is only 50% faster and out of the 95 mins it takes to make a disc, the burn time is only about 35 mins, so it's not worth faffing about with another burning package to gain a maximum of 12 minutes.

So much for having bought an 'all in one' integrated solution

I had expected the burner software to work at 6x though, as Sony bundled Media Suite 8 with the burner and I upgraded it to MS11 to get the newer Director with more options for video format. But maybe Sony had Cyberlink tweak the MS8 software they bundled to get a special OEM version that works at 6x.
Checking the details of the Sony burner, it uses CAV burn mode for 6x BD-R (single layer) but Z-CLV for 4x and CLV for 2x, so maybe Director doesn't support switching to CAV burning mode?
Does Director 11 support burning BD-R discs faster than 4x?

I've got a Sony BDRW BDX-S500U USB2.0 drive (firmware 1.D1) that is supposed to be able to burn BD-R discs at 6x speed. I'm using TDK 6x speed media but when I burn a BD project in Director (using the "Create Disc" tab) it only lets me select 2x or 4x from the speed options.

Discs created are fine and work but I want to burn faster.

Director pre-encodes the entire disc image to the SSD hard disk first and then spools it out to the burner.

Win7x64, Core i7 machine, 8GB RAM

Anyone managed to burn faster than 4x?
Dunno about restrictions, but the performance wasn't good on my machine.

I have a Win7 Core i7 laptop (8 hyperthreads 1.7GHz) and it has a NVida M310 GPU with 16 CUDA cores.

I enabled the hardware encoder in the MediaEspresso to convert files to a phone at a lower resolution and the NVIDA generated files were smaller in size (Mbytes) but suffered from horrendous compression blocking in fast motion areas of the picture. If I set the program to use hardware decode only and software encode, it produced flawless results (but about 30% slower encode speed). The CUDA rendering was faster but lower quality.

For making Blurays I haven't bothered enabling the hardware encoder feature in Director 11 as it doesn't go that much faster on my machine and presumably the software encoder is the same in Director 11 as in the Media Espresso?

Maybe later NVIDA hardware than the 300 series does a better job... It wasn't the drivers, as I tried upgrading to the latest ones from the NVIDA web site v320.49

Not noticed any rendering problems in Adobe Premiere that also uses CUDA though, so maybe it's just a problem with the hardware encoder profile in the Cyberlink software.
Go to: