Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Try this: Go to Preferences/Editing/Uncheck Reverse track order...

Thanks so much!
the track order?

I thought my projects used to have track 1 at the top, but I seem to have gotten flipped around so that track 1 is on bottom now.

Thanks.
Quote Thank You for the screenshots. They indicate that you are using the Windows 7 media player which does not recognize the rotation flag in modern video taken with cell phones. I have seen my own videos orientation change from landscape to portrait when facing the camera downward at a keyboard or floor. That is normal. You may want to consider using a different media player that is more modern and recognize the changes in modern video.

The fix is simple. Highlight the keyboard clip as shown in your project file screenshot. Place the mouse cursor on the outer blue circle of the preview screen. Click and Drag the circle clockwise 90 degrees and release the mouse button. You will need to move those white balls at the edge of the clip outward to resize it to fill the screen. There are other ways to accomplish the same thing if you read the Help files suggested by optodata.

The DxDiag.txt was not attached. You may want to consider the suggestions made in the other post linked earlier.

Edit: Op replied while I was still typing.

Thanks so much for your help and excellent explanation of the issue!
Happy Holidays.

Eric
Quote In addition to what tomasc posted, you can simply rotate the clip.

The easiest way to find features like this is to hit the F1 key to bring up the Help pages in your browser, then click on Index and then on Rotate to see how to do that.

Thanks optodata, I took your advice and rotated the video and then stretched the 4 corners so that it fit the screen properly.

You did not indicate which Windows version is on your pc and which media player that you are using to determine this condition. Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page and supply the DxDiag.txt and a screenshot of your Timeline showing this problem. See this recent post for possible help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/86272.page .

Thanks tomasc. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. Power Director version in 15.0.2509.0 Ultimate.

I've uploaded my DxDiag.txt file, along with a screenshot of the files in their Windows folder (the frame width and height matches the rest of my videos filmed in landscape mode)

I've also uploaded a screenshot of the files as they appear in my project. You can see in the Media Room that these 2 keyboard videos are the only 2 that import with the wrong apsect ratio.

Thanks again

Eric
I have an odd issue where I've video taped a piano player's hands playing a piano.
I filmed it in landscape mode, but it appears that Power Director 15 thinks that this particular video is in portrait mode once I import it into my project.
Any idea how to easily fix this issue?

Thanks
Quote I'm using PD 15 for a project where I'm trying to Keyframe automate the blur effect and I'm noticing it does not lend itself to a smooth transition from blurry to clear or vice versa.
Is there a better way to do this to make things look more natural?
Have any of the newer versions improved upon this?

Thanks.

So I tried a demo of Pixelan's Blur Blender and it was much smoother so I purchased it.
I'm using PD 15 for a project where I'm trying to Keyframe automate the blur effect and I'm noticing it does not lend itself to a smooth transition from blurry to clear or vice versa.
Is there a better way to do this to make things look more natural?
Have any of the newer versions improved upon this?

Thanks.
I have a clip where I'd like the blurryness to vary slightly at different points. I'm trying to use keyframe feature with the blur effect. It works, but changing the blur degree one digit makes dramatic changes which don't look smooth at all.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I get some subtle, changing, out-of-focus?

Thanks.
Quote I'll try to duplicate this problem but just to be clear, does the transparency come from the .png itself or have you used chroma-keying on the foreground image?

p.s. and if it's not a problem, how about posting the image you are using in the foreground.

The transparency comes from the .png file.

It appears that clicking on PiP Designer and then OK restores the transparent nature of the .png file and fixes the issue.

Never had to that in PD9, glad it works.

Thanks.
New to PD15, used PD9 for years.

Here's the issue, I have a video background on track one, and a .png foreground image, with large transparent portions on track 2. The video shows through the transparent portion of the .png file, but as soon as I try to zoom the video background by using Crop & Zoom in Power Tools, my .png file fully blocks the video. The portions of my .png foreground that were transparent are now black, and I can't figure out how to get my background to show through other than disengaging the Crop and Zoom.
Quote This does not work on videos. You must have an image or photo on the timeline highlighted first. Hit the magic button on the lower left and select magic motion.

TY!

There are many more options now, will have to explore them all.
Been using PD9 for years; purchased and downloaded and activated PD15 today and I cannot find this feature.

Please help.

Does the limited Template pack include Magic Motion?

I'll buy it now, but if you can no longer zoom and pan on images (only video), it's not really any good to me.

Has Magic Motion been replaced with something else? Do I need Director Suite or Video and Photo to enable this feature?
Is there a list of PD trial limitations somewhere?

Testing it now and can't figure out where Magic Motion is.

Thanks.
I'm doing some layering of pictures where I would like multiple layers of the same picture to pan and zoom along with each other.

Is there a way to save a User Defined Magic Motion and apply it to other clips in other tracks?

Thanks.
I tried to do a system restore back to a few days ago. I started PowerDirector, and upon starting it told me my key is invalid.

How can I key that's been valid for the last several years (version 9) go invalid all of a sudden?

Is there a way to get a new key for this old version? I'm willing to pay a few dollars. Not dying to upgrade if at all possible.
I'm finishing up a project on PowerDirector 9, and as often happens, rendering to MP4 is a bit dicey.

So I've done what usually fixes the issue, uninstall and reinstall PowerDirector. I did it yesterday with success, it took my CD key, and rendered my track succesfully. I reviewed my video and saw a few things that needed fixing and fixed them, but then my rendering to MP4 issue returned.

Today, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the program no longer likes my CD key.

Any ideas?
Quote: just a thought but, have you looked to see what happens at the 32 second point in your project? It may be there is something like a transition that PD can't convert to mpeg4

I think you're on to something; there is a clip at this point that has the Color Crayon effect applied to it.

I unapplied the effect and the clip renders. I tried to add the Color Crayon effect to the effects track, and again it crashes during rendering at the point where the effect starts.

So why does PowerDirector include an effect that won't render?
I'm trying to render my latest project. It renders fine to avi, but every time I try to save it as an MPEG4, it crashes 32 seconds in.

Here is the Windows error message I get:

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: PDR9.exe Application Version: 9.0.0.3305 Application Timestamp: 4e64f00c Fault Module Name: CES_PlugIn_2.dll Fault Module Version: 7.0.1.3129 Fault Module Timestamp: 4e321c75 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0000000000007169 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: db3d Additional Information 2: db3daffcc633049afe644240cbe6976f Additional Information 3: cd6d Additional Information 4: cd6d10bf1220d86b483b6f94ae41e0ab
Go to: