Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks! This seemed to have worked perfectly. I’ve finished my current video without incident.

I don’t update drivers unless I have to, but when I do update my Nvidia ones again, do I need to follow this same procedure?
Perfect. That's what I needed to know.
Sorry I wasn't clear.

"Get the latest nVidia driver for your GTX 970, but instead of doing a full installation go to the nVidia Installation Options page and chose Custom (Advanced). Next, select only the Graphics Driver and also check the Perform a clean installation box. This will force the installer to remove all existing drivers and then only (re)install the new graphics driver."

Does this menu noted above appear during the installation? I'm assuming yes. If not, where is this?
Does this installation screen pop up when I double-click the new driver or it is somewhere on my system?

I have an Nvidia control panel but no mention of driver updates
Now that I'm past Christmas and part of tax season, I revisited my crash situation. I’ve updated all the requisite drivers but I still ended up with a BSOD. This time it occurred on the save function. The diagnostic looks different than the previous one but I'm not smart enough to interpret it.

What’s wrong with it now?

Thanks so much for your help.

WSC3

Hi,

6 out of the 8 WER are almost identical :

+++ WER8 +++:
Fault bucket 0x13a_11_NvLH_nvlddmkm!CMemoryAllocator::freeMemoryWithTag, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: c8825f1f-b782-42f9-b731-b784afe8b632
Problem signature:
P1: 13a
P2: 11
P3: ffffe004bd002100
P4: ffffe004e69738b0
P5: 0
P6: 10_0_19045
P7: 0_0
P8: 768_1
P9:
P10:

The other 2 are Dell related.

A search around finds things like this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-crash-related-to-nvlddmkm-process/cac0f5ad-cd7d-4460-9410-47419755e6d2
https://www.makeuseof.com/easy-ways-fix-nvlddmkm-sys-error-in-windows-10/
https://windowsreport.com/fix-video-tdr-failure/
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-nvlddmkmsys-crash/bce55e83-fc4b-438c-b610-8f7d197857cc

You might start by looking at your NVIDIA drivers, or you might do a uninstall/reinstall of PDR16, but do check which version you are running and if you have the latest patch installed.

"Updates PowerDirector 16 to build 3424
Note: This patch is not for subscription version, OEM versions, UWP versions, volume license, or versions purchased via Steam.Adds support for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.** This update does not remove support for the NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration in the older VGA drivers."

Others may have alternative suggestions.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks for the information.

What does it mean that “6 out of the 8 WER are almost identical”? I've never seen a BSOD on this machine. Can you translate this for me into layman’s terms? What does it mean that the BSOD is WER related? What addresses this problem? A video driver update may address the Dell issue as I understand it.

Also, where do I find the version of my PD16 software? There’s no “About” option that I can find. It is set to auto-update so I should be current. I bought a single copy when I installed it and have made 2 or 3 other movies without incident.

I tried to update the NVIDIA Studio driver from the GeForce Experience on my PC (I'm not a gamer), but the download part kept failing. Just the download. Failing! Again, feels like W95.

I downloaded what I thought was the right driver manually and it seems to be right but its name concerns me. (527.56-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql.exe). Usually drivers say “English” or “USA” not international but that was the option (I specified US English) that I selected. Can I do damage if I install this? I generally have a “don’t fix it if it’s not broken” attitude with computers, and I can remember when drivers caused much heartache. I attached a screen shot.

It feels a little like we’re guessing here.
I have been using PD for years without incident and been very impressed with its ease of use, functionality, and stability. I bought a new PC in 2021 and have made two movies on this system without incident. I began to add transition effects to my current video yesterday and experienced several blue screens of death with the “Kernel Mode Heap Corruption” error displayed. I have to admit, I haven’t seen a BSOD in a time-span measured in years. I was almost traumatized as memories of Windows 95 flashed through my mind.

I am a power user with dozens of apps and programs that I use regularly, including PD16. My system has plenty of resources and power. I'm running W10. As I inserted transitions into the timeline, every three or four times my system would (gasp!) crash with this error message. Obviously, something has changed. PD is set to check for updates, so I assume I'm current even though I couldn’t find a help option with the version listed. My drivers seem to all be up to date.

So, I need a fix and of course one that won’t affect my other programs on my system which all run perfectly. I will attach a DxDiag for more information. I see in my search of the CyberLink community that others have seen this error as well. The resolution appears to be system specific.

Let me know if I left out any details.

Thanks.

WSC3
Thanks everyone Tomasc, what are you referring to on your link? I can't find anything on Canon or MOV clips.
I have two cameras that shoot movies. One is a Panasonic HDC SDT750 32 GB Camcorder that shoots full High Def at 59 fps. I bought a Canon EOS 70D with the understanding that it would shoot full high def as well. I’ve since discovered that it shoots at the 1920 x 1080, but only 29 fps. Canon insists that there’s no difference, and that the 70D is fully compliant.

But PowerDirector squawks when I combine clips from both cameras, telling me that the quality of my finished movie will be reduced.

How much difference will this difference in fps make?

And can I create a Blu-ray movie with clips at 29fps?

Thanks.

I've had my first-ever failure to burn a disc correctly with PD11. I got an error code eEB020B8C. What does that mean?

Thanks.

WSC
Ah, I figured that out too.
But, when I pull the stereo clips back in, although they're exactly the same length as the original mono, they are bigger than the gap left. how can that be?
Ah, that's good. The wav file is now in stereo. How do I import it back into the movie clip, properly associated with the clip from which it was extracted?
Hey,

I'm trying to reproduce what I did before. I've extracted the audio from the video to move from one channel mono to two, but how do I open the WaveEditor and import?
Stevek
She created it on a low processing power laptop. My desktop was a much better choice and PD11 is a great piece of software. You're right about the time. It was 1:30.
Hey Carl312,

I appreciate the help.

What? PD11 doesn't read the disc size in the ROM drive automatically? Urg.

My 8.5 disk is double layer. I did find that drop down and changed it to 8.5.

The disc production summary now says 6840/8500. So it's telling me that my 3.8 GB project is being read as 6.84 GB?

1. Does that mean that it expands as an on-disc movie?

2. And since the disk size is > project, the error msg will go away? (I can't test, as I'm using my PC for work right now.)

Thanks so much!!

Scott
My daughter created a movie for a friend in Windows Movie Maker. It’s long, about 3.8GB in size. She wanted to make a DVD from it, so I imported it into PD11, placed the wmv file on the timeline and tried to create a disc. We get an error message that says

“The size of the imported file exceeds the amount of available disc space.”

Interestingly, the “disc production summary” indicates that the size of the movie is 6840 (vs. 3.8GB) and the size of the blank disk as 4700, despite trying different sized discs. The blank DVD size is correctly confirmed in Explorer. (I tried both a 4.7 GB disc and an 8.5GB.) I have successfully burned a number of DVD’s in the past with PD11, so I’ve done this before.

1. What am I missing? Why does PD11 think the movie is too big?

2. Why is the “disc production summary” showing incorrect information? (6840/4700)

My System
PD 11.0.0.3026
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 39 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
6.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Alienware 04VWF2 (CPU 1)
Graphics
SP2208WFP @ 1680x1050
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Hard Drives
63GB KINGSTON SNV425S264GB (IDE) 33 °C
977GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FAES-75W7A0 (IDE) 34 °C
977GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FAES-75W7A0 (IDE) 34 °C
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ABS
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks!
It seemed to have worked. I need to play it on my DVD, but it sounds good on my PC. What is the difference in surround sound and CLVS?

PS I accidently clicked "Stop watching this topic" and the reset the URL to "watch" and hit enter. I'm not sure that worked. How to I reactivate watching a topic?
Will it adversely affect anything else in my movie?
Help from a private message suggests that I "use the CLVS (CyberLink TrueTheater Surround) function within the produce tab or create disc tab which will render mono audio to both left and right channels. You can use like the living room setting."

What do you think?
It worked great, but boy, that's a lot of work and i have about 25 of these short clips...
Go to: