Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello -- I am trying to create a slide show with image and music .... I just have a few images but I want them to loop untill the
music finishes -- what is the best way to do this -- thanks

Hi
One easy way would be to create your slideshow without music. Once created and on the timeline, place your music in the audio track.
Now you have a music track that is visibly longer than the slidshow. Highlight the slidshow press Ctr C to copy it. Move the scrubber to the end of the first slideshow and press Ctr V to paste it next to the first one. Make sure they are touching, insert a transition of your choice so that they join smoothly.
Now expand the the timeline and split the second slideshow where the muic ends. Remove the portion of the slideshow after the music finishes.
You made need to smooth the finish as necessary.
I hope it works for you

Thanks for your helo -- I am new to this program so I don't quite follow what your are saying ..... Is there a youtube video on how to do this?

Maybe this picture will help you

Thanks -- thats perfect .... Lastly Is there a way to trim off thje last few seconds of the music?
Quote Hello -- I am trying to create a slide show with image and music .... I just have a few images but I want them to loop untill the

Hi
One easy way would be to create your slideshow without music. Once created and on the timeline, place your music in the audio track.
Now you have a music track that is visibly longer than the slidshow. Highlight the slidshow press Ctr C to copy it. Move the scrubber to the end of the first slideshow and press Ctr V to paste it next to the first one. Make sure they are touching, insert a transition of your choice so that they join smoothly.
Now expand the the timeline and split the second slideshow where the muic ends. Remove the portion of the slideshow after the music finishes.
You made need to smooth the finish as necessary.
I hope it works for you

Thanks for your helo -- I am new to this program so I don't quite follow what your are saying ..... Is there a youtube video on how to do this?
Hello -- I am trying to create a slide show with image and music .... I just have a few images but I want them to loop untill the
Hello -- Is there a way for me to find / search for my older posts?
Thanks for the info -- this worked fine
Hello -- some basic pointer would be appreciated. I am new to powerdirector. I just ripped a video and now want to edit it, for the
most part just cut out the commercials (the video is from the tv)

I put the ripped video in the "editor" but I am not sure how to "mark" were the commercials start and end and then cut / remove that part of the video out.

A pointer to the help were this is noted would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Frank
Hello -- Thanks to all -- the suggestion to first convert to mpeg2 worked -- thanks again
Hello -- Thanks for all your suggestions -- but none seem to work .... When I dragged the mp4 to the timeline, It played but there must be an issue with the mp4 itself --

I was looking to simply make a a dvd with the std video_ts file structure
Hello -- all I want to do is convert a mp4 file to dvd format that I can play in my dvd player --

When I add the mp4 file to the file(s) "create disk" screen and then to a "burn" one 0 length file is being written to the
"video_ts" folder ( I am not making a disk but writing to a file ) -- what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Thanks for all the info
Hello –

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the confusion

Yes, I do what to get this video I captured to a dvd a dual-layer dvd (9g) would be ok too – my question is with the *.mpg that I have now – since it was records without the setting you noted, there is there a tool or process it so that its size skrinks under 9g – if not then it seem that I would have to re-capture it with the setting/profile you noted?
Hello -- thanks for the reply -- so as I said I am new here so for the most part I have to re-rip the video to meet the dvd limits?
I new to this and just captured a video that was over 2 hrs long. I was not sure how to set the pref, so I used the defaults. The output file is a mpg file and about 11g -- I trimmed off 30 minutes, but the file seems to be still too big to render as a dvd -- I tried to write
the output to the file/folder structure but the seems seems to know the max size there --

is there anything I can do now to compress this file so it will fit on a dvd?
Go to: