Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

All I did was work with the two audio files from the mkv in stereo. Removed channel Left from "Audio 1" source and copied "Audio 2" source to Left channel of "Audio 1" source and produced as stereo. So in the end one has stereo output file with:
Channel R is from "Audio 1" mkv source
Channel L is from "Audio 2" mkv source

Jeff

I am afraid that I must ask you for some more guidance because I am new to his kind of stuff in Audiodirector.

I can see the two language channels in PD. Only one at a time can be selected. When I transfer this file to Audiodirector it only sees a mono track. I cannot see any option (even greyed out) that would remove a left channel or to copy Audio source 2 to left, as suggested.

I have tried to look for the manual of Audiodirector, but the ? and ‘user's guide’ at the top right only brings me to the download of the software itself.
Sorry for all the extra work requests, but I think the best way to get this resolved would be to clear your camera's SD card; record a short video of anything at 50p HEVC 4:2:2, then copy the entire SD to a OneDrive folder so it can be copied onto a local SD card for direct import into the XF app.

No problem doing more work as it is my problem you are trying to solve :.

Good idea to try this. I have uploaded the content of the entire SD card in the folder SD.
Quote HandBrake does not mix up, only down. Since your 4 audio channels are all mono you will have to convert manually. One way is to create a mkv file from HandBrake vs MP4, PD will then see each audio channel and you can select and create one as left other as right in AudioDirector. Takes a little finagling but doable.

Jeff

I thought I reproduced all the steps you mention correctly by panning channel 1 in Audiodirector to the left and channel 2 to the right. The result however is mono, whichever track I mute or play both. I have attached a screen dump from Audiodirector and the produced audio. Please advise what to do.
Quote Unfortunately, I can't open the clip with PD, VLC, Handbrake, VirtualDub2, Windows Media Player or Win10's Movies & TV app. MediaInfo confirms that it's HEVC 4K 4:2:2 150Mbps, though.

I downloaded and installed the HEVC codec from this support page. but my apps still don't work. I downloaded and installed the utility app from the same page, but it seems like it can only import MXF clips directly from the camera or from a "properly formatted" SD card as shown in these specs.

I can't guess as the exactly what shows up when your camera records, so could you copy the exact folder structure with the new clip to OneDrive so I can transfer it to an SD card? I created a virtual media but copying the clip there isn't sufficient. It has to have the proper INDEX.MIF file so if you created one with the sample clip on OneDrive and shared it here, that would be ideal.

I have made a special folder in OneDrive with no end date to put in all files for you to see. The URL is the same as previously posted:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoSSjUSe0F5939tAiF335Gm14Z7Haw?e=cEy87s.

I have added two sound clips (video clips with black video). One in HEVC 4:2:2 and one in XAVC 4:2:0 which is compatible with more software.
To play the HEVC files in Windows you must install the Canon codec indeed. I have installed a special version of Media Player, which is able to show the video together with this codec:

The Canon XF Utility works the way you described. The INDEX.MIF file seems to be a kind of library containing all my files after importing, so I don’t think you need this one.
In the shared folder I have made a copy of the ‘sound’files in the original structure. You probably need the .XML files.
The files are in the folders CONTENTS\HEVC_001 and CONTENTS\CLIPS001.
After importing a .THM file is generated.

I appreciate all the effort you (and others) are putting into it!
Quote You could also share the 4:2:2 50p MXF clip so other people can find a conversion that works with PD.

As most of holiday clips are private :, I share a clip testing whether the 300 digital zoom of my camera has any use.
I hope this clip will help to solve my problem of transferring 2 (out of 4) mono tracks (recorded with the Rode Stereo videomic pro) to 1 stereo track:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoSSjUSe0F5939tAiF335Gm14Z7Haw?e=cEy87s
Quote First of all, congratulations on the new grandchild! That's certainly a bright spot in this unprecedented year we're living in

I looked at your original MXF clip (BTW the OneDrive link in your OP no longer works), and MediaInfo shows that there are four single-channel PCM audio tracks. That's why Handbrake's only "mixdown" option for the audio processing is "Mono" for all four tracks.

I don't know if there are any other audio choices for recording at 50p but I'd give them a try. You could also share the 4:2:2 50p MXF clip so other people can find a conversion that works with PD.

Thanks for your good wishes!
I will look into the availablity of the files and post new ones as you requested.

Have a nice weekend!

During my holidays next week I will test with 50 fps. Bad weather forecast, so enough time to read the manual of my new camcorder.

Sorry for the radio silence. I have been away on holidays for a week and then I became a grandpa for the second time!

In the meantime, Customer Support has been able to reproduce my problem. My case has been escalated to the engineering team as MXF video processing improvement reference.

Using 50fps indeed got me a smoother flow. The downsize is, that I now must use the HEVC-codec from Canon (H265, 4:2:2) which PD19 does not support yet, so I need an extra step in my workflow. Customer Support suggested to use Handbrake to convert the file back to XAVC 4:2:0. This worked.

My new problem is that I do not know how to export the right audio channels.
My external microphone is recorded at channels 1 and 2, while the internal microphone is recorded on 3 and 4 (which is a good back-up in case I forget to power up the external microphone).
Handbrake sees these 4 channels as 4 times mono, instead of 2 times stereo.
How do I go about to export the video with a stereo track from channels 1 and 2 only?
If you believe this is off topic, I will create a new topic.

Why 25fps? Unless you use that footage for a national TV that has that ancient standard, I would move to a 30/60 fps rate. Every single device today can handle 30FPS because they use 60 Hz native displays (at minimum).
HDTV's, phones, tablets, laptops, PC monitors.

Good question. Reading a lot of comments in the drone user fora and this forum and looking at YouTube video's, amongst others from Canon, I concluded that in Europe we have to choose 25/50 fps and elsewhere 23,98/59,94. This has to do with the system frequency set in the camcorder in order to avoid flickering due to artificial light. When the system frequency is set to 50 Hz (Europe standard), it is not possible to choose 30/60 fps. Nevertheless, I am going to try 50 fps as optodata also suggested. My initial choice for 25 fps was because this framerate (or 23,98 fps outside Europe) generally is considered to give a more 'cinematic' look due to more natural motion blur. Also, file size will increase when doubling the framerate.
Quote I believe you've probably just answered you own question when you described how the frames moved. Since your MXF clip is 25fps and I assume you produced to 25fps, I imagine that for some reason your project frame rate must have been something like 30fps.

Go to the first Preferences page and change it to 25fps and produce the clip again. You may also want to consider recording at a higher frame rate like 50/60fps as that will give you smoother motion in your videos.

I have done as suggested, but it made no difference. At the moment I am testing with Handbrake conversion to 4k for Youtube of the exported/produced file and the first test looks good. The daterate has been reduced to 15 Mb/s. The original produced file was 34 Mb/s. Strange as I am using very fast NVMe m2 drives.

During my holidays next week I will test with 50 fps. Bad weather forecast, so enough time to read the manual of my new camcorder.

You've got a very high bitrate clip (150Mbps) and you're going to have previewing issues on PD's timeline unless you have a very powerful many-core CPU. I can actually preview your clip in Ultra HD Preview Resolution on my brand new 16 core powerhouse, but I always recommend using either Full HD or just HD resolution so the system doesn't have to work so hard.

You can also turn on shadow files, which will cause PD to create lower resolution clips to make editing smoother and will then automatically switch to the original clip(s) when producing.

Thanks, optodata. I was already hoping for your quick reply, as you have helped me before :.

My i9 processor is quite powerful, so playback of the timeline is smooth using less than Ultra HD preview resolution or shadow files indeed.

My problem lies in the export which is ugly to show to people because of the stutter.

In my post I forgot to mention how I created the screen recordings.
In the timeline I manually pressed the frame forward button (.), for you to clearly see the effect of advancing one frame in the preview. My thought was that PD19 does not treat the imported file well, resulting in the 1-2-1-2-1-2 etc. movement in the image.

I downloaded DaVinci Resolve and the same source clip does what you expect: movement with every frame forward. I could not make an export, because I am new to Resolve and do not want to spend too much time on Resolve, as I am an enthusiastic user of PD! :

The export from PD19 looks like an export of 4K footage from my drone using the wrong fps (30 instead of 25). In this case however, both are 25 fps.

During the next days I will do some more testing and I am open to suggestions.
I bought a Canon XF705 a few days ago, which is capable of shooting in 4k 10 bit 4:2:2, using the MXF container. I know that PD19 is not supporting this format, yet. Following the suggestion of optodata in another thread I have requested this feature via Rate us & Provide suggestions.

In the meantime I am shooting in 4:2:0, which PD19 should be able to handle.
A sample file (25 fps) was imported correctly. Playback of a PD19 export revealed a stutter.
By moving the timeline frame by frame I can see movement after 1 or 2 frames consecutively in the order 1-2-1-2-1-2 etc.
The same file in Davinci Resolve does not have a problem, so movement after 1-1-1-1 etc.

I have enclosed some links to this sample file and to the screen recordings (available up until 9th of October 2020):

I hope to hear a suggestion of what I did wrong and what to do about it. Thanks!

Information:

• XF705 has the latest firmware.

• Latest version PD19 from my 365 subscription.

• Processed on a Windows 10 (latest build) PC with i9 processor and Nvidia Quadro P4000 graphics card (latest driver).

Cyberlink support was very supportive and have been able to reproduce this issue in their lab.
It has been escaleted for further investigation.
I will report back when there is a solution.

I am happy to announce that the new update, 11.0.2307.0, fixed the issue! Starting, closing and starting again of PD kept the calendar view in full glory. Thanks CL!

And miracles disappear
After starting up PD11 today, I had the same problem of having no calendar view again.
I will report back when CL has offered a final solution.

Cyberlink support was very supportive and have been able to reproduce this issue in their lab.
It has been escaleted for further investigation.
I will report back when there is a solution.

Micracles do happen. After exporting 180 selected photo's I suddenly had my calendar view back!
This even happened before installing the updated version I received afterwards.
After installing the new version everything is still working fine.

Thanks again for all the help optodata.

And miracles disappear
After starting up PD11 today, I had the same problem of having no calendar view again.
I will report back when CL has offered a final solution.

Am I afraid that you are right. Yesterdays experiments made me come to the same conclusion.
If I hear something from CL, I will get back to the forum.
For now, great to have had immediate feedback from you!

Addition:
I did some more testing and now I can reproduce what has happened / (maybe) understand what the problem is.
In de past I cleaned up my SSD in order to get rid of double files, including photo's which were imported twice.
I did a test with PD10 if I could remove files outside PD10 without any problems.
PD10 detected the deleted files, asked me to remove them from the library and everything kept working, including the calendar view.
I just did the same test with PD11 and even if I only remove 1 photo outside PD11, the calendar view is gone.
Synchronising the folder did not resolve the issue.
No solution yet, but maybe anyone can help me find a solution now that the problem has been narrowed down?!

Micracles do happen. After exporting 180 selected photo's I suddenly had my calendar view back!
This even happened before installing the updated version I received afterwards.
After installing the new version everything is still working fine.

Thanks again for all the help optodata.
Quote When I launch PhD and look for all the changed files, there are only a couple of .ini and subscription-related files that are updated, along with the .PHD file. However, I don't see any "history log" type of file. To my knowledge, all of that data is stored inside the main .PHD file, which is XML-based.

Since the calendar view is built up from when the specific interactions occurred, there may be no way to "rebuild" the missing history if you're not seeing it at all in the backup PHD files.

You may want to contact customer service for help to see if there might be a way to recover that information. It does sound like all new work is being logged, but that doesn't help you get back the missing records.

Am I afraid that you are right. Yesterdays experiments made me come to the same conclusion.
If I hear something from CL, I will get back to the forum.
For now, great to have had immediate feedback from you!

Addition:
I did some more testing and now I can reproduce what has happened / (maybe) understand what the problem is.
In de past I cleaned up my SSD in order to get rid of double files, including photo's which were imported twice.
I did a test with PD10 if I could remove files outside PD10 without any problems.
PD10 detected the deleted files, asked me to remove them from the library and everything kept working, including the calendar view.
I just did the same test with PD11 and even if I only remove 1 photo outside PD11, the calendar view is gone.
Synchronising the folder did not resolve the issue.
No solution yet, but maybe anyone can help me find a solution now that the problem has been narrowed down?!
Quote The Calendar View list is populated on my system. I think you might want to see if you have a backup copy of the main .PHD database file. See this post and the file location details here for more info.

Thanks, optodata.
I followed your instructions (glad to have several backup versions : ).
Unfortunately it did not work; not with a recent backup and not with a backup from May (which was converted to PD11 automatically).

I made a new project with some photo's and it worked fine, so I expect no software issue.
It must be a 'corrupt' phd-file, so how do I trigger PD11 to rebuild the date structure for the calendar view?
I have removed all cache folders, hoping it would rebuild and it did, but not the calendar view.
In what file/folder is the calendar view stored?

You help is much appreciated.
After the upgrade to PD11 and a Windows 10 update more or less at the same date all my Calendar view dates are missing.
All project folders and all photo's (> 80.000) are present.
After new imports the latest date sometimes appears in the Calendar view and quickly afterwards disappears, leaving the Calendar view greyed out (see attachement).

Is there a possibility to rebuild the Calender view or is there an alternative solution?
Many thanks for your help.

I have a Director suite 365 subsciption plan.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Gigabyte MB X299UD4PRO
BIOS F7a, date 3 Oct 2019
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9820X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs)
NVIDIA Quadro P4000
(for more information: see attached DXDIAG.TXT)
Go to: